What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

SoVi3t

Noob
I am having trouble landing the wall bounce consistently off of 123, can anybody offer me some advice to get this to land 100% of the time?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I am having trouble landing the wall bounce consistently off of 123, can anybody offer me some advice to get this to land 100% of the time?
Practice. You have to find the right frame to input the B3...i just do it as soon as the 3 hits...its strict.

hey everyone not sure on % for these combos im not at home to see right now but here are 2 that i use

midscreen - j.2, 123412 xx MC (mb) - yes you have to input that middle section as one full string

corner - 11 xx WE2, 123412d3 causes hard knock down to allow for whatever mix up you guys have etc

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
hey everyone not sure on % for these combos im not at home to see right now but here are 2 that i use

midscreen - j.2, 123412 xx MC (mb) - yes you have to input that middle section as one full string

corner - 11 xx WE2, 123412d3 causes hard knock down to allow for whatever mix up you guys have etc
Not sure about with the JI2, but I know your midscreen with MB does 34%. That was my first combo I worked up when I got the game.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
found 2 fun little corner combos

j2 f13 f13 f13 f13 f13 f13~either WE or mace cancel for setups. 36%

j1 b23, b1, b13, 32b1 about 35%

Does anyone know any reliable combos involving more b13s? I think it looks cool as fuck and I would love to be able to get 2 o them in a juggle, but I can't seem to do it with a reliable ender/starter.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Does anyone know any reliable combos involving more b13s? I think it looks cool as fuck and I would love to be able to get 2 o them in a juggle, but I can't seem to do it with a reliable ender/starter.
I know b1 3 doesn't go very well in the corner unless you're a nice distance from them or else the 3 will completely whiff. On top of that, even in the corner, I don't think there's much you can do off of it. The recovery seems to be too long for much of anything. The only thing I've been able to hit off of it is a quick d1 and I believe it can be canceled into MC, but I'm not completely sure. Just doesn't seem worth it to do the full b1,3, but I'm exploring uses for b1 in corner combos and as an anti-air.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
I know b1 3 doesn't go very well in the corner unless you're a nice distance from them or else the 3 will completely whiff. On top of that, even in the corner, I don't think there's much you can do off of it. The recovery seems to be too long for much of anything. The only thing I've been able to hit off of it is a quick d1 and I believe it can be canceled into MC, but I'm not completely sure. Just doesn't seem worth it to do the full b1,3, but I'm exploring uses for b1 in corner combos and as an anti-air.
yeah b1 is really good. hell, you can do 4 or 5 repetitions of b1 in the corner by itself haha.

oh and for the op, another little 112 starter combo I found is

112 dash f13~MC for 27%

EDIT

f13, f11~MC does 24% and is much easier then the uppercut combos

b23, b2~MC does 27% and again easier then uppercut

regulas

Your Emporer
Rather then adding on the MC, just:
1234,123 - 26%, and it's extremely easy to get off, so while you can't MB it you won't ever drop it. It also leaves you flying.

I really would like to pick up this character, but her combos are so inconsistent. Is there something im missing?

regulas

Your Emporer
What do you mean by inconsistent?
A lot of the timing on her combos is fairly tight, comparatively speaking and it can take a lot of practise to get them off effectively without dropping. Thats also why I put my combo above there, it's one of the hardest to miss I've seen that still does some damage.

What do you mean by inconsistent?
Like when I try to do combo's from this video

They only seem to work when they feel like it. someone's the MT connects and combos other times it doesn't etc. Another example is her 123, B3 combo starter that B3 seems to have a mind of its own as well. You have to mash b3 and even then I still don't get it 100% of the time.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Like when I try to do combo's from this video

They only seem to work when they feel like it. someone's the MT connects and combos other times it doesn't etc. Another example is her 123, B3 combo starter that B3 seems to have a mind of its own as well. You have to mash b3 and even then I still don't get it 100% of the time.
Well I can't say much other than practice and improve your execution man. She has a lot of tight links and her power doesn't really lay in her combos and damage output, rather her zoning and wakeup pressure. She needs time if you're going to get better with her.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
This is all the tech I've found on my own:

Jf-2 ' 123 ' 123 ' B2-3 (30% Damage)

Jf-2 ' 123 ' 4 ' 2 ' BF2 EX (35% Damage)

Jf-2 ' 123 ' 123 ' 3 ' DB2-3 (30% Damage)

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I've worked on some pretty good combos yesterday, once I get back home I'll record em and will do a small cmv.
In about 6 hours I'll be home, can't wait to show you guys those combos.

Eddyward

Noob
Here's some small stuff I found. Some percentages might be wrong because it's blurry on my TV. :p

Dash Combos:
112, Dash, 123, Dash, F13, WE3 (30%)
112, Dash, 123, JI2, BF2 (31%)
112, Dash, 123, F1, BF2 (29%)

Simple Combos:
123, B13, F1, BF2 (28% -> 33% with JI2)
12, WE2, 123, JI2, BF2 (30% -> 38% with JI2 and MB BF2)

F3 Overhead:
F3, [wait] 123, JI2, D3 (27%)
F3, [wait] 123, JI2, BF2 (30% -> 33% with MB BF2)

Anti-Air:
D2, 123, JI2, BF2 (21%)
B13, F1, BF2 (25%)

Previous videos I posted:
123 xx DB1+MB+Up, JI2, MB BF2 (40%)
32 xx DB1+MB+Up, 123, JI2, MB BF2 (44%)
JI2, 123, B3, JI2, 22+U3 (35%)
JI2, 123, B3, JI2, 2, BF2 (36%)

Noticed this combo by EGP Wonder_Chef wasn't up there. I think this is her highest meterless so far that doesn't start with JI2:
123 , B3 , J3 , F13 xx BF2 (35%)

High damage 2 Meter corner combo by djoudjable:
(JI2), 32, DB1 MB+Up, B1, 4, 2, MB BF2, 4, 2, D3 (53%)

-----
Also, I'd like some help on this combo I've been trying:
123, B3, DB1+Up, MB+Up, JI2, BF2

I swear I did it once, and it was 40%. But I cannot reproduce it! I keep missing the JI2; I've been at it for hours. Anyways, if anyone tries it and gets it to work, then we can confirm that it's a legit combo. :p If not, then maybe I accidentally did a different move that made it work or something.

Let me add on this combo:

IN THE CORNER
b2,3>f1,3>f1,3>f1,3~MC = 35%

**You can actually make it a 37% but I haven't gotten any higher. After doing the first f1,3 stall just for a second then do the rest of the rep as fast as you can. I'm sure adding that little stall could boost damage by just a little on other variations of it. The good thing is even if you mess up the stall you will still get the 34%.

Eddyward

Noob
They only seem to work when they feel like it. someone's the MT connects and combos other times it doesn't etc.
The Mace Toss -> Up Charge after a 3,2 string doesn't connect on some small characters because of their hitboxes. I posted a video with a combo that uses that string on Lex Luthor, but when I tried the same combo on Catwoman, it didn't work. So, that's more of a technical issue than an execution issue. :] As you see in his video, he uses those MT combos on Grundy, who has a large hitbox, and Sinestro, who floats high enough to get hit by it.