What's new

General/Other Instill Great Fear -- Sinestro General Discussion Thread

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
My B13 Bnb is B13-B3-j3-B12-DB1-J2-F2D13 (34%): at the end you can safely charge at least one bar of the trait since the oppofd213nent is hard knockdowned(is this word grammatically correct?)and quite far from you .Connecting B13 with B3 online can be troublesome.
f2d13 does not cause a hard knockdown the opponent can roll tech this. Go to training mode...put roll on...then do f2d13...watch what happens.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Just made some fun corner set ups with Sinestro. This is probably all old stuff, but put together in a video with combos I guess. Not 100% optimized stuff, but going for consistency instead.

The first video just shows a corner combo from his f2d13 string and ends with a dash cross up in to a combo out of the corner.
The second video basically shows off how the fall animation of the opponent after the f2d13 string will make him cross you up as you take 1 step forward then do st.3, and shows of a basic combo.
The third video shows the same situation with st.3 without the step forward, and shows of a basic combo from low starter in the corner.

This is both with and without trait, the f2d13 string is techable and the combos are not all hitconfirmable, but I just wanted to show off the concepts.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Just made some fun corner set ups with Sinestro. This is probably all old stuff, but put together in a video with combos I guess. Not 100% optimized stuff, but going for consistency instead.
The first video just shows a corner combo from his f2d13 string and ends with a dash cross up in to a combo out of the corner.
The second video basically shows off how the fall animation of the opponent after the f2d13 string will make him cross you up as you take 1 step forward then do st.3, and shows of a basic combo.
The third video shows the same situation with st.3 without the step forward, and shows of a basic combo from low starter in the corner.

This is both with and without trait, the f2d13 string is techable and the combos are not all hitconfirmable, but I just wanted to show off the concepts.
Wow, they may not be 100% viable, but they sure as hell look interesting, especially the 3 crossups.

Speaking of using 3, Ive found myself using this cause its fun and 3 seems to be very surprising for most:

3,DF1(MB),4,DF1(MB),4,DF1(MB)=46%

Its very easy for something that carries them to full screen and juggles them in the corner, removing a DF1(MB) from each removes roughly 10% in case you don't want to burn so much meter.

Swoops

Noob
3 is baller. I literally just walk up to the opponent sometimes and hit 3 xx trait charge. If they got hit because they moved at all, I get like a 50% charge for free. If they block I can confirm it and cancel trait and still be safe. Plus it goes over tons of low moves.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
3 is baller. I literally just walk up to the opponent sometimes and hit 3 xx trait charge. If they got hit because they moved at all, I get like a 50% charge for free. If they block I can confirm it and cancel trait and still be safe. Plus it goes over tons of low moves.
Also it makes you immune to command grabs and some lows.

Just thinking about how I didn't use this move more makes me want to cry.

dittO

Noob
Sinestro's 3 is not his only "airborne" normal (though it's his fastest).
The other day I noticed that f2d1 is also airborne for more frames but it's a tad slower.
Using this against Grundy for example is almost a guaranteed way to avoid being grabbed from a distance. And you can cancel it into shackles for a combo.

On another note...does anyone know how many reps of (d1 xx qcf2) can be done in the corner?
I have managed so far to do 7 reps plus one d1 in the end (the 8th qcf2 missed, but it might be me messing up).
I wasn't able to record it but it dealt 37%. Is this an infinite?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I just wanna say I've got new tech coming w sinestro

Playing allllllll freaking weekend w him here has really helped me level up and discover things

More after UFGT

regulas

Your Emporer
The MB is risky, but now that it hits mid I'm starting to like using Arachnid string in blockstrings now. Basically if they block your string, end it instead with Arachnid and then MB it. If they keep blocking they get sent full screen, unfortunately it can be easily interrupted if your opponent knows what's up since the MB has a very high start-up time (24).

I'm also wondering if anyone has thought of a use for 11U3?

Brahma

Noob
Use trait shot to make Arachnid MD uninterruptable.

11u3 is kind of ass. Only thing I've ever really found is 11u3 then trait shot into shackles when they try to close distance after blocking 11u3. So yeah, so far not super useful.

catscratch

Fun Sucks
New to Injustice. Not new to fighting games. General question:

What on earth am I supposed to do at midrange?

What I mean is... at full screen, I have a pretty clear gameplan. I know how to bait people to jump and react accordingly, or how to punish them for generally being impatient. But, once opponents get into a range where FB is punishable by a lot of characters (generally 1-2 dashes inside max range) I don't really know what my options are. It feels like in a lot of matchups my opponent can simply walk in, block, and punish everything I do. I don't know how to reset space and get them back to full screen, and I don't know how I can get them to open up, and maybe whiff something that I can punish. It feels like everything I have is punishable and my options are very matchup-specific, and I generally get by on getting random hits with b13 or MB b3, but mostly I just get blown up for not having any mixup and any reason to get the opponent to stop blocking.

What's your general gameplan at midrange? What footsie options does Sinestro have?

Also, big props for the vortex stuff, I've been working crossups and fake crossups with air axe into my game, and that's been working quite well. That is, WHEN I can get a hit in to set that stuff up in the first place.

regulas

Your Emporer
New to Injustice. Not new to fighting games. General question:

What on earth am I supposed to do at midrange?

What I mean is... at full screen, I have a pretty clear gameplan. I know how to bait people to jump and react accordingly, or how to punish them for generally being impatient. But, once opponents get into a range where FB is punishable by a lot of characters (generally 1-2 dashes inside max range) I don't really know what my options are. It feels like in a lot of matchups my opponent can simply walk in, block, and punish everything I do. I don't know how to reset space and get them back to full screen, and I don't know how I can get them to open up, and maybe whiff something that I can punish. It feels like everything I have is punishable and my options are very matchup-specific, and I generally get by on getting random hits with b13 or MB b3, but mostly I just get blown up for not having any mixup and any reason to get the opponent to stop blocking.

What's your general gameplan at midrange? What footsie options does Sinestro have?

Also, big props for the vortex stuff, I've been working crossups and fake crossups with air axe into my game, and that's been working quite well. That is, WHEN I can get a hit in to set that stuff up in the first place.

Well I'm not the best person to give suggestions on this (but no one else is) as I havn't been using Sinestro much lately but MB fear blast. MB for me at least is spent mainly on FB largely because of this mid range issue.

To bait them you can try trait cancelling since if they let you charge it still works in your favour.

Otherwise you have a few strings like F2D13 which has good reach is safe on block and will send them fullscreen if they don't block the low hit. The seemingly whiffed F2 also tends to bait out moves which are then hit by the fast low D1.
You can also try using things like B12 (safe), or B13~DF2 (risky potential MB) they put you up close on block but have good dash ranges and tend to carry you under jump ins.

Also remember that it's not that Sinestro lacks tools up close, it's that he lacks combo damage without trait, so while you don't want to aim to be close you have plenty of ways of entering into a combo which can if nothing else easily be used to send them back fullscreen.

Hey guys I don't mean to steal your thread so I'm just gonna make this quick. I've been assigned to look after the Sinestro and Doomsday subforums in my spare time... so if you ever need any moderator help (threads merged, cleaned, stickied/unsticked, whatever) feel free to contact me in any way. PM me, message on my profile page, tag me in a post somewhere... it all works. Just a heads up that I'm the primary contact. Thanks!

AK Pig Of The Hut PLAYING TO W1N WoundCowboy

Hey guys I don't mean to steal your thread so I'm just gonna make this quick. I've been assigned to look after the Sinestro and Doomsday subforums in my spare time... so if you ever need any moderator help (threads merged, cleaned, stickied/unsticked, whatever) feel free to contact me in any way. PM me, message on my profile page, tag me in a post somewhere... it all works. Just a heads up that I'm the primary contact. Thanks!

AK Pig Of The Hut PLAYING TO W1N WoundCowboy
thanks frothy...

babalook

Noob
not sure if this is known but after any hard knockdown you can dash forward into a forward jump into a instant air axe from the other side. Example: D3 FF JiDB2
it's pretty sneaky if done fast enough

regulas

Your Emporer
Man tons and tons of new skins, but only 1 of the unloved gets any (HG who gets two which ok as my main I love) but still not a trace of any Sinestro skin. I was really thinking that he would be a part of the BN pack, instead they just pub release the Batman skin... sigh...

not sure if this is known but after any hard knockdown you can dash forward into a forward jump into a instant air axe from the other side. Example: D3 FF JiDB2
it's pretty sneaky if done fast enough

actually... even better... dash then neutral jump and watch what it does to wake up attacks :)

Well I'm not the best person to give suggestions on this (but no one else is) as I havn't been using Sinestro much lately but MB fear blast. MB for me at least is spent mainly on FB largely because of this mid range issue.

To bait them you can try trait cancelling since if they let you charge it still works in your favour.

Otherwise you have a few strings like F2D13 which has good reach is safe on block and will send them fullscreen if they don't block the low hit. The seemingly whiffed F2 also tends to bait out moves which are then hit by the fast low D1.
You can also try using things like B12 (safe), or B13~DF2 (risky potential MB) they put you up close on block but have good dash ranges and tend to carry you under jump ins.

Also remember that it's not that Sinestro lacks tools up close, it's that he lacks combo damage without trait, so while you don't want to aim to be close you have plenty of ways of entering into a combo which can if nothing else easily be used to send them back fullscreen.

its all about the delay at this range...