What's new

Injustice Zoning

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
No wonder, you have To jump the lazers! If you try to duck and walk he is just going to MB that thing and then you are done, back to square one. However, what about characters with floaty jumps? Ie: Grundy?
block
dash
repeat

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Thats completely wrong, just look at street fighter IV, there is zoning but it doesn't feel annoying, and I'm sure that every developer that create zoning chars doesn' have in mind to annoy players.
Lol. That same zoning game has been played the same for the last twenty years, too. Zoning is far from a problem in this game. Is it tough? Yes. Is it unbeatable? Far, far from it. And i play Lobo.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Some say zoning is ass. Some also say Rushdown is too good. Some say Rushdown is terrible, some also say zoning is gdlk.

I feel that most strings, and special moves are too good. Plus, I don't think characters should be walking 50/50's either.
there are no universal pushblock mechanic for zoning

that is the problem.

there should be a way to spend a bar and get closer without taking damage.... bizarro pushblock.

I agree that zoning is fair in this game.... But zoning-advocates are making it worse....

Everytime someone says you can just block and dash between projectiles, thats another potential new player who will have serious issues getting around zoning. With GL and Lex, dashing between projectiles online is a bad idea- but everyone is telling people to do that: its no wonder new players cant figure it out.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I still struggle against good DeathStroke's...I swear for the life of me I cannot punish his low guns with iceberg. Yet I always get punished for doing icebergs...meh. The only zoning that scares me is Sinestro and Zod.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
As a new member to the fighters I can tell you that NRS did a great job when It comes to attracting casuals/new players.
The popular characters are extremely easy to pick up batman,superman,aquaman,doomsday etc.Combos are extremely easy,most characters have abusable moves, which is a nice thing to have if you are new to fighters. Some characters were made to attract new players. Doomsday, he doesn't require combos, strategies or a brain to use. trait up and button mash and you will be fine. I started with flash because he is my favorite super hero. I had to drop flash and move to characters like batman,aquaman and later on black adam. I took me a few months and tons of hate mail to get to the point where I can execute BnB combos with great ease. I got back to flash a few months ago, this would not had been possible if injustice had strict combos(for people new to fighters) like mk9 does. Zoning is the way It is because NRS wanted the the characters to feel like they in the comics/cartoons. Superman has to have lasers,deathstroke has to have gunshots and so on. NRS seems to want to get rid/reduce zoning, a proof of this is the fact that all of the DLC characters are great anti zoners. I believe and hope that the interactables get fixed with the next patch. NRS truly cares about this game.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Zoning is BARELY even a thing in this game, let alone a problem. The problem is retards that think online play is legit.

CD jr

Noob
Hello TYM

I am Soul Calibur V player, notably, I placed 9th at EVO 2012 and Top8 at MLG Raleigh 2012.
I am trying to play Injustice now and here are few issues I am concerned about.

NRS said they are aiming at new players, but it is unplayable to new players. Just frame punishment and timings, almost unexistant buffering windows, weird hitboxes and finally - severe disbalance. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying characters are not balanced. I am saying certain aspects of the game, such as specifically melee vs zoning - are unbalanced. In a bad way, that takes fun away from the game and makes it frustrating

The game favors zoning too much. At the same time, there are characters like Bane, Doomsday, Catwoman etc who do not zone.

There are a lot of ways to counter melee in the game, such as backdash, focus atacks (b+3/f+3 + MB), push block etc, but no ways to counter zoning. At the same time dash is not cancellable, movement is very slow.

Lets take a look at SF4 for a second. SF dash wasnt cancellable, walk speed was also slow, it also had focus atacks.
But
dash was really fast, fireballs were slow, focus costed no meter and game featured a lot of ways to counter fireballs
Injustice fireballs fly like jets, slow walk speed, slow dash, high jump arcs.

Take Catwoman for example, how do you approach? Only using MB-cDash, which is
1) Unsafe
2) Costs meter
3) Late armor

Playing against heavy zoners all your meter goes MB dash, or lucky focus, but thats it. Zoner can do nothing but backdash/walk back and bait your mistake. If there are interactibles around you're stuffed - you cant let them get to interactible (which further improve their zoning) but if you stay full screen - you're done.

For example Superman or Deathstroke. And I saw the video, that Tom Brady and REO recently put up.
To even get a chance at playing them with melee or weaker zoners you have to do what? Spent tons of time learning reaction to lazer, learn frametraps. You have to treat every blocked/ducked projectile differently as they provide different amount of blockstun, thus you need to react to everything well.
For me, the video "Overreacting to Deathstroke" from REO and TB actually showed how hard it is to get in and how many consecutive guesses you have to make and how every mistake puts you full screen away. It is wrong to force this on newer players.
it's been a while since I read something good on this site. Everything you said is 100% true sadly the game won't change.