What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 1 Feat: Tom Brady, Reo, Pig of the Hut, M2dave

If Scorpion is in this game as he is, abuse him while he's still godlike. Your Scorpion was really solid in MK and he was practically cut and pasted into a different engine (back to block) where he is significantly much stronger. I fully expect you to dominate at Evo with a character you've been maining for years.

I think it will be humorous if the mantra after Evo is, "The first legitimate DC fighting game was dominated by a Mortal Kombat character". The stream monsters will laugh it up.
yeah that would be hilarious haha. I am definitely prepared to make noise with scorpion at evo without a doubt. And I have no issues with him bcuz I played him in mk9 seriously. I'm sure he'll get nerfed if he wins evo lol, just like lao. Oh well, time to embrace the hate and salt and go to work on ppl at evo!!!!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
You ever get your body penetrated by a Lex, kid?

to be completely honest i agree with REO in that scorpion's probably the best scrubby character, especially if someone doesn't know the matchup. but i think there's been so much overreaction to him. like he's good, but not one of the best imo. it might just be from the perspective of the character i play though.
You ever get your body penetrated by a Dick, kid? Don't answer that.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Tom says the people who play 16Bit the most make Killer Frost not look like a problem. The way he's stating this doesn't seem to factor into the equation that people who play each other often also pick up on each other's habits, then, the better player in general will come out on top.

The only players to beat him were the ones who knew exactly how 16Bit's Killer Frost operates, as he laid waste to everyone else he fought. This is where the problem with her comes into play.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Okay, there is one problem I have to address at the 1:10:00 mark. The question on whether this game captures all styles is FALSE. The game lacks a solid grappler strategy. Bane/Lobo don't quite cut it. Shazam is not a grappler so much as having grapple moves. Bane/Lobo just have too many holes to properly play the grapple strategy and they lack the tools to deal with the stage options.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Okay, there is one problem I have to address at the 1:10:00 mark. The question on whether this game captures all styles is FALSE. The game lacks a solid grappler strategy. Bane/Lobo don't quite cut it. Shazam is not a grappler so much as having grapple moves. Bane/Lobo just have too many holes to properly play the grapple strategy and they lack the tools to deal with the stage options.
Grundy?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I play Shazam because he reminds me so much of Abel in SF4. Answers for everything but you have to make reads on your opponents.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
they might not be top but lobo, shazam, grundy, bane are grapplers

Pig Of The Hut

Sisic Concreting signifies solid concrete services in Ballarat and surroundings. For us, each of our function is approximately building a good quality item which lasts long. And so when you require everything concrete-related, bear in mind we are foremost in our field. Any real service provider are able to do more than merely put obstruct real! We all style, combination, serve, in addition to enhance to be able to buy.
http://www.sisicconcreting.com.au/
STORMS

AK Pig Of The Hut, damn lol alright then. Don't get mad at me if we play at evo and I win with scorpion :(, I love him bcuz I just love scorpion, that's why I play him. Well good luck at CEO/MWC of course, i'll be rooting for ya, and can't wait to watch some high lvl scorp play.

Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut, damn lol alright then. Don't get mad at me if we play at evo and I win with scorpion :(, I love him bcuz I just love scorpion, that's why I play him. Well good luck at CEO of course, i'll be rooting for ya, and can't wait to watch some high lvl scorp play.

yea man its all good

you asked my honest opinion and i give it. its no disrespect to you and i know how much you love that character. But Paulo f'ed up w scorpion and it sucks for all of us.

A lot of people will drop this game i suspect because of it

Its terrible design imo and i hope someone proves me wrong

yea man its all good

you asked my honest opinion and i give it. its no disrespect to you and i know how much you love that character. But Paulo f'ed up w scorpion and it sucks for all of us.

Yeah I can respect your opinion for sure. Actually before IGAU came out, I said "they shouldn't put scorpion in the game, but if they do I'll play him since I need a main/like scorpion". Sure enough they put him in lol. Hopefully he doesn't dominate EVO and make ppl drop the game, that'd suck for sure, I guess we'll find out.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
yea man its all good

Yea unfortunately I think Scorpion will dominate Evo. The game will be laughed at by people who didn't pick it up. The people who are playing it seriously will start to decrease.

They allowed Kabal to be dumb for so long because of his "steep learning curve".

Any moron can pick up Scorpion and have success.

I am not looking forward to shaking this guys hand after he destroys me with Scorpion.

Then his friends will walk up and say. How did you do davie?

Davie: *half cocked smirk* I bodied that kid.

UGHHHHHH. NIGHTMARES.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Sao87, if you slow down Scorpion's teleport, some of his combos may no longer work. But I knew this character was scrubby the moment I fought REO. In fact, he is so scrubby even I can win with him. Some players continue deceiving the community in hopes of getting easy tournament wins, but the community will soon find out how random Scorpion truly is.

I also hope I am proven wrong for the betterment of the game.

Yea unfortunately I think Scorpion will dominate Evo. The game will be laughed at by people who didn't pick it up. The people who are playing it seriously will start to decrease.

They allowed Kabal to be dumb for so long because of his "steep learning curve".

I am not looking forward to shaking this guys hand after he destroys me with Scorpion.

UGHHHHHH. NIGHTMARES.
i'm probably going to beat a top player and be like "good games man", then they are just going to shake their head when they give me a handshake lol.

Sao87, if you slow down Scorpion's teleport, some of his combos may no longer work. But I knew this character was scrubby the moment I fought REO. In fact, he is so scrubby even I can win with him. Some players continue deceiving the community in hopes of getting easy tournament wins, but the community will soon find out how random Scorpion truly is.

would you say scorp is completely the opposite of what he was in mk9? like by how hard it is to win with him, bcuz winning with him in mk9 was a real pain.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

If this truly was the case than I think Scorpion needs to only be able to meter burn his teleport once it actually hits. Its unacceptable the way its currently implemented..

M2Dave

Zoning Master
would you say scorp is completely the opposite of what he was in mk9? like by how hard it is to win with him, bcuz winning with him in mk9 was a real pain.
I agree with Pig. I think Scorpion is the scrubbiest character in the game. In casuals I do better with Scorpion than Deathstroke. If I went to Evolution 2013, I would use Scorpion. I think a teleport that leaves the screen in 7 frames, juggles, and is +9 on block should have been in a game with a block button.

I made the "Scorpion's teleport is broken" thread two weeks ago and most people were saying "Oh yeah right, Dave. You're just upset you can't zone", but I think people finally get the message.

I agree with Pig. I think Scorpion is the scrubbiest character in the game. In casuals I do better with Scorpion than Deathstroke. If I went to Evolution 2013, I would use Scorpion. I think a teleport that leaves the screen in 7 frames, juggles, and is +9 on block should have been in a game with a block button.

I made the "Scorpion's teleport is broken" thread two weeks ago and most people were saying "Oh yeah right, Dave. You're just upset you can't zone", but I think people finally get the message.
aw ok, I can respect your opinion. It would be hilarious and actually not good if a MK character dominated a DC game lol

Pig Of The Hut

UGHHHHHH. NIGHTMARES.
People put up with MK9 KKK for 2 years

people will NOT put up w it financially again