What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - "big announcements coming this week"

ninjay

Noob
All I want is a demo right now. Dont care about new characters, I just want to get my hands on the system. Time to hit the lab!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Doubt it's a character reveal. Usually when it is, they state that "new character reveal coming", not "big announcement coming". A "big announcement" wouldn't be a character reveal anyway, at least imo.

Could be wrong though. I just hope it's some kind of tournament.

I just hope it's some kind of tournament.
You mean, like an official one, post release of the game, or something during Pax or some crap like that?
I think we already had too many of the second kind and we never ended with something by the end of it... oh besides the broken Flash combo and 6 clashes during one match.

A real tournament would be nice though. Sponsored by WB and so on to attract a lot of tournament players at the very beginning, but ... if the balance is wacky on that point, ou ou ou ou ou.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You mean, like an official one, post release of the game, or something during Pax or some crap like that?
I think we already had too many of the second kind and we never ended with something by the end of it... oh besides the broken Flash combo and 6 clashes during one match.

A real tournament would be nice though. Sponsored by WB and so on to attract a lot of tournament players at the very beginning, but ... if the balance is wacky on that point, ou ou ou ou ou.
An official one like the PDP MK9 one, sponsored by NRS/WB. Like after EVO in the fall or something. Maybe even have MK9 and possibly UMK3 as well, which this part is just wishful thinking. The entire idea is wishful thinking tbh, lol. But, would be sick.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You saw the movelists didn't you? That's gotta stand for something.
I meant for the characters we've seen next to nothing from. Specifically Deathstroke and Bane, whose moves lists I haven't seen yet.

But yeah, them showing us what they have is pretty neat.

trufenix

bye felicia
I meant for the characters we've seen next to nothing from. Specifically Deathstroke and Bane, whose moves lists I haven't seen yet.

But yeah, them showing us what they have is pretty neat.
You should probably just accept that Deathstroke is going to win the Kano award for earliest revealed and least known about until release.

irony

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
@noobde
Big INJUSTICE news coming tomorrow. Possible tease today! :O
Hmm, interesting. The @InjusticeGame twitter account just posted this right now

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/313702316819746816/photo/1

Maybe that is part of the tease? Maybe part of the big announcement is that there will be more than just 2 costumes per character at launch. The Facebook posted this along with that Aquaman pic.

"As you suspected, many Injustice characters have multiple skins. Take Aquaman for instance - besides what you've seen so far, the King Of Atlantis can also wear his Flashpoint costume.

We'll announce later this week how to unlock this look.
COMMENT which alternate skin is your favorite so far!
"

The fact that they use the word "unlock" makes it sound like it comes with the game instead of being DLC. Which would mean Aquaman has at least 3 costumes. That would be pretty cool if the game came with every character having 3 costumes instead of just 2, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Hmm, interesting. The @InjusticeGame twitter account just posted this right now

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/313702316819746816/photo/1

Maybe that is part of the tease? Maybe part of the big announcement is that there will be more than just 2 costumes per character at launch. The Facebook posted this along with that Aquaman pic.

"As you suspected, many Injustice characters have multiple skins. Take Aquaman for instance - besides what you've seen so far, the King Of Atlantis can also wear his Flashpoint costume.

We'll announce later this week how to unlock this look.
COMMENT which alternate skin is your favorite so far!"

The fact that they use the word "unlock" makes it sound like it comes with the game instead of being DLC. Which would mean Aquaman has at least 3 costumes. That would be pretty cool if the game came with every character having 3 costumes instead of just 2, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
they just told someone on twitter that it is not the big NEWS they were going to announce ;)