What's new

Injustice General Discussion

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
If every confirmed or "pretty much confirmed" character is in, we'd have 20 characters confirmed so far!

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Harley Quinn
5. Solomon Grundy
6. The Flash
7. Nightwing
8. Cyborg
9. Green Arrow
10. Catwoman
11. Deathstroke
12. Bane
13. Lex Luthor
14. Green Lantern
15. The Joker
(Pretty much confirmed)
16. Sinestro
17. Doomsday
18. Aquaman
19. Shazam
20. Black Adam
(Likely)
21. Captain Cold

If every confirmed or "pretty much confirmed" character is in, we'd have 20 characters confirmed so far!

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Harley Quinn
5. Solomon Grundy
6. The Flash
7. Nightwing
8. Cyborg
9. Green Arrow
10. Catwoman
11. Deathstroke
12. Bane
13. Lex Luthor
14. Green Lantern
15. The Joker
(Pretty much confirmed)
16. Sinestro
17. Doomsday
18. Aquaman
19. Shazam
20. Black Adam
(Likely)
21. Captain Cold
You can pretty much add Martian Manhunter and Penguin to that list as well. Only one spot left.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Anyway there was a"story cinematic" folder next to Penguin and a "DLC" one next to Martian Manhunter. I might be wrong, but both may not be playable in the base game, with MM being one of the first DLCs.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Not really since they could create anything with their powers.

At that point you could say "why not integrate Sinestro's better specials into GL and use a different character". This could also be used as a "why have Shazam if you have Superman" since, besides a special move or two, they are very similar. Same with Joker, Quinn and, if you wanted to stretch it, Deathstroke.

Reedoms

Noob
I don't know much about Shazam and Black Adam, but aren't they pretty much the same playstyle?
The only differences between the two is their personalities and where they get their powers from. Adam is brash and doesn't hesitate to kill someone if they are threatening him/his kingdom while Captain Marvel is a paragon of good and works to help the person rather than kill.
Other than that they are essentially the same person.

Cruz

Banned
Green Lantern and Sinestro are two different gadget characters in my opinion!
You gotta ask yourself the question, 'What if Batman was a green lantern and Joker a yellow, would they play the same with their gadgets?'
The answer is NO! So what if Hal has boxing gloves, hammer, minigun and a jet for finisher for example and you have
Sinestro with a spear, double axe's, chainsaw and a big yellow t-rex that grabs you in his jaw and shakes you around and throws you back on the floor.
Even the gimmicks unlike with Harley and Joker who are both clowns in my opinion, you could go with Hal making a wall to block every attack for a short time and let Sinestro make a snake that he can use to grab you by the shoulder and pull you to him so he can combo his axe's or chainsaw.
This way Hal's more like Will power defense based and Sinestro Fear power attacked as gimmicks.

Cruz

Banned
My roster prediction:​
1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Harley Quinn
5. Solomon Grundy
6. The Flash
7. Nightwing
8. Cyborg
9. Green Arrow
10. Catwoman
11. Deathstroke
12. Bane
13. Lex Luthor
14. Green Lantern
15. The Joker
16. Sinestro
17. Aquaman
18. Shazam​
19. Black Canary​
20. Hawkgirl​
21. Circe​
22. Captain Cold​
23. Martian Manhunter​
24. Swamp Thing​
*25. Doomsday (not sure if he's playable or not)​

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Green Lantern and Sinestro are two different gadget characters in my opinion!
You gotta ask yourself the question, 'What if Batman was a green lantern and Joker a yellow, would they play the same with their gadgets?'
The answer is NO! So what if Hal has boxing gloves, hammer, minigun and a jet for finisher for example and you have
Sinestro with a spear, double axe's, chainsaw and a big yellow t-rex that grabs you in his jaw and shakes you around and throws you back on the floor.
Even the gimmicks unlike with Harley and Joker who are both clowns in my opinion, you could go with Hal making a wall to block every attack for a short time and let Sinestro make a snake that he can use to grab you by the shoulder and pull you to him so he can combo his axe's or chainsaw.
This way Hal's more like Will power defense based and Sinestro Fear power attacked as gimmicks.

Batman and Joker are different as Joker is completely insane, Riddler and Batman would make a bit more sense and they're close in intellect but practically polar opposites with one detecting and figuring things out and the other laying out the riddles.

But for your points: You listed 2 close range for Sinestro while 1 for Hal, 1 mid-long for both and one long for Hal. So, at this point, why wouldn't you take the Double Axe's from Sinestro as they seem better than the Gloves and give them to Hal along with adding the spear and eliminate Sinestro all together? So Hal's specials are Double Axe for combo extension/starter, Spear/minigun for keepaway and Hammer for mid keepaway/pressure (similar to Kenshi's telekinetic slash in this respect). The wall would be overpowered in the way you describe so I'm eliminating that.

If Sinestro is more of a pressure character and Hal is more of a zoner I understand but you're giving them practically the same tools.

Cruz

Banned
Batman and Joker are different as Joker is completely insane, Riddler and Batman would make a bit more sense and they're close in intellect but practically polar opposites with one detecting and figuring things out and the other laying out the riddles.

But for your points: You listed 2 close range for Sinestro while 1 for Hal, 1 mid-long for both and one long for Hal. So, at this point, why wouldn't you take the Double Axe's from Sinestro as they seem better than the Gloves and give them to Hal along with adding the spear and eliminate Sinestro all together? So Hal's specials are Double Axe for combo extension/starter, Spear/minigun for keepaway and Hammer for mid keepaway/pressure (similar to Kenshi's telekinetic slash in this respect). The wall would be overpowered in the way you describe so I'm eliminating that.

If Sinestro is more of a pressure character and Hal is more of a zoner I understand but you're giving them practically the same tools.
Well in that case both Harley and Joker use guns so both are long range and since Harley has a hammer and Joker a knife they also both
use a close range attack and there gimmick is Clown for the both of them....
So with your logic one of them is useless!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Well in that case both Harley and Joker use guns so both are long range and since Harley has a hammer and Joker a knife they also both
use a close range attack and there gimmick is Clown for the both of them....
So with your logic one of them is useless!

Yes, they are, I've said that from the beginning.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Guess Shazam is the same as Superman in Basic combat but with different special moves...

Which I also said. My initial point was that if he's gonna say "why have Black Adam if we have Shazam since they're basically the same?" then he also needs to say "why have Shazam if we have Superman, why have Quinn if we have Joker, and why have Sinestro if we have Green Lantern?".

Cruz

Banned
Which I also said. My initial point was that if he's gonna say "why have Black Adam if we have Shazam since they're basically the same?" then he also needs to say "why have Shazam if we have Superman, why have Quinn if we have Joker, and why have Sinestro if we have Green Lantern?".
I'm gonna give Black Adam the advantage cause he fights with swiftness in basic combat like punches and kicks combined while
Shazam does the same as Superman's big punches, grapples and throws.

ares? finally wonder woman gets a villain, and it's not catwoman with stripes. idk about the magazine but he is heavily hinted at. look at this post from shoryuken
Bottom of the second page seems to imply that frame data is in the movelists! :O At least startup frames. idk what "breakout" frames are.
Also pretty much confirms Aquaman, and third page sounds like it confirms Ares... they're talking about turning Ares into a "badass" and getting away from the "Batman/Superman show" but that ain't gonna happen with a non-playable character.

Cruz

Banned
It's Shao Kahn but with a big sword instead of a hammer, an overpowered Wonder Woman nothing more!
I say he's a boss character but on a side note my main has arrived with Aquaman. :D