What's new

Injustice Frame Data IS NOT CORRECT - confirmed

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
it is only incorrect for move that have multiple hits WITHIN the same attack. These are easy to fix since the frame data is stored on the server and will just be updated on the fly as we get around to them. There might be a couple here and there that are wrong because we missed an update it if the move was changed.

One thing to remember is this is definitely lower on the priorities than some other issues but we will get around to it.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I just hope to hear something from nrs about this. I work in the software industry - shit can go wrong even when carefully prepped and checked.

That said, this is a HUGE problem and hopefully takes priority at nrs to be carefully combed through and fixed. An explanation as to how it got messed up and everything that's incorrect would be great, colt.

This affects every player of almost every calibre and drastically impacts tournament players.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
its not a HUGE problem. unless the only thing you bought the game for was the count frame data numbers? they will be correctly, and hey some will might even be changed to something wrong if we update a move in the future. relax

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
its not a HUGE problem. unless the only thing you bought the game for was the count frame data numbers? they will be correctly, and hey some will might even be changed to something wrong if we update a move in the future. relax
Apologies, I forgot it was specific to only multi hit moves.

Thanks for the clarification (and the great game!)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
it is only incorrect for move that have multiple hits WITHIN the same attack. These are easy to fix since the frame data is stored on the server and will just be updated on the fly as we get around to them. There might be a couple here and there that are wrong because we missed an update it if the move was changed.

One thing to remember is this is definitely lower on the priorities than some other issues but we will get around to it.
So sinestro Fear blast MB is probably safe ? Definitely doesn't feel -26 or whatever it says

I created this thread after a Deathstroke main was telling me I needed to punish his low gun w fear blast because he's -23 and it just made me shake my head that w thinks its -23 and I feel like a doofus not being able to punish

Feels more like -3

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Mildly frustrating but ultimately simple to fix. I'm sure NRS are on it for the inevitable next patch.

So I asked Paulo why with Aquaman I can punish deathstroke low gun (-23? ) on point blank range, literally point blank w Aqua's -9 b1

He said "The frame data is incorrect and buggy on multiple hits"

I know for a fact this includes deathstroke's guns, Sinestro's MB Fear blast and other multi hits specials and I suspect a lot of strings and single moves are wrong as well

Just want to give everyone the heads up so everyone stops with this horse shit about "DEATHSTROKE IS -23 on guns bro punish it crap"

Cause you can't

colt

Any idea when frame data will be updated/fixed?
The example you've listed make it seem moreso like moves aren't functioning how they're supposed to, rather than the data being wrong.

Goldi

Noob
It happens. But I'm very optimistic it will be patched along with other things. Or worst case scenario, we learn the accurate data together as a community. <3

I get exactly why this is annoying. Some people are pushing themselves to level up as quickly and efficiently as possible. Why wouldn't they? Tourneys are coming. But keep in mind, these are pre patch events. Not saying that to diminish any upcoming achievements, but to remind people it's ok to relax and have fun and not put too much pressure on themselves so soon.

Me, I'm going at my own pace and haven't gotten to frame data yet. I haven't even learned all the moves to apply it to lol. My process is organic :p

I don't feel any need to play at a high level yet. I'll get there when and if I do. Some folk just have more competitive drive than others and are miffed at being given inaccurate information. I get that. I'm just rather laid back (scrubby?) about video games, chess, horses and poker. I'll flip a board in scrabble, though.

Long post is long... But on topic lol. Let's try to keep it that way, please.

gdf

Noob
It was probably something they didn't want out in open. But at least they will address it in some form or fashion now, rather than later.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So sinestro Fear blast MB is probably safe ? Definitely doesn't feel -26 or whatever it says

I created this thread after a Deathstroke main was telling me I needed to punish his low gun w fear blast because he's -23 and it just made me shake my head that w thinks its -23 and I feel like a doofus not being able to punish

Feels more like -3
Keep in mind projectile frame data will always be dynamic based on the range its blocked at.

Look at MK9, Freddys glove toss is -5 point blank. Yet, at full screen it is +alot.

So once it's fixed, it will likely list whatever the guns are point blank. It will still be totally different blocking them full screen.

1. If the problem is simply that the listed FD isn't accurate to the move, who cares. If the game engine is incorrectly generating the FD for multiple hit moves starting from the first hit and that's all that's wrong, who cares. No other game flat out showed you that information before anyway.

2. If the problem is that the frame data shows you how a move is SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING, then we've got bigger problems.

dear god I hope it's the first one, because who cares. Also dear god I hope it's the 2nd one becuse some shit is just plain dumb right now.

So I asked Paulo why with Aquaman I can punish deathstroke low gun (-23? ) on point blank range, literally point blank w Aqua's -9 b1

He said "The frame data is incorrect and buggy on multiple hits"

I know for a fact this includes deathstroke's guns, Sinestro's MB Fear blast and other multi hits specials and I suspect a lot of strings and single moves are wrong as well

Just want to give everyone the heads up so everyone stops with this horse shit about "DEATHSTROKE IS -23 on guns bro punish it crap"

Cause you can't

colt

Any idea when frame data will be updated/fixed?
We need Somberness

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This is a vey minor problem just to add on pigs Analogy off the food Nutrition information, they put the wrong data, big explosion, they simply correct it in the next batch, dont even think ya need a patch to fix this

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Keep in mind projectile frame data will always be dynamic based on the range its blocked at.

Look at MK9, Freddys glove toss is -5 point blank. Yet, at full screen it is +alot.

So once it's fixed, it will likely list whatever the guns are point blank. It will still be totally different blocking them full screen.
I'd put $$$$ on table db1 is -8 and other guns are -6 or lower

I did some space testing w chef helping offline using lex bf2 as the punisher and u can punish db1 w reversal at point blank but not outside anything else

Large hit box characters will have a major problematic time dealing w DS guns other than doomsday

Seems like characters w air dashing accompanied w air projectiles have the best available options

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'd put $$$$ on table db1 is -8 and other guns are -6 or lower

I did some space testing w chef helping offline using lex bf2 as the punisher and u can punish db1 w reversal at point blank but not outside anything else

Large hit box characters will have a major problematic time dealing w DS guns other than doomsday

Seems like characters w air dashing accompanied w air projectiles have the best available options
Actually, Corp Charge does not travel very fast it seems like. It fails to punish things with pushback that Flash's flying uppercut (also a 6f move) can punish.

Flash's lightning charge can punish all the guns pretty well on block. Standing gun shot and rifle particularly. So they are definitely more than -6.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Idk If I should be pissed or just cry right now, NRs never fucking learns.

Wrong in game frame data is not a surprise coming from Nrs but whats really fucked up is how its buggy so basically means some moves could be safe one time and next punishable..

Really nrs? really? really? REALLYYYYY?
Dude there has never been a game that even attempted to put in game frame data, chill....NRS is baller.
They should just hire Somberness !