What's new

Injustice Frame Data IS NOT CORRECT - confirmed

Vagrant

Noob
You guys dont seem to get it...

"The frame data is incorrect and buggy on multiple hits"

could mean frame data changes randomly. a move could be safe one time and the next be punishable...:confused:
No... YOU DON'T GET IT

The frame data is wrong for moves that hit multiple times. DS's guns, sword spin etc.

It starts calculating after the first hit and not after the last hit. That's what he means.

Vagrant

Noob
I told a bunch of people about this when the game came out.

GGA Dizzy was warning people about this as well.

And just now people are freaking out about it?

Go to training mode, do your move and have the computer reverse with a ____ frame move.
the highest frame move that works to punish is what your move is on block.

It blows my mind how much money WB/NRS can spend on marketing but when it comes to FINALIZING a game? FUHGET ABOUT IT!
^This.

And this, Maxilimian's Review of I:GAU.
Maximilian's
(actual review begins around 2:15)

To the devs and their bosses, these complaints are--understandably--minor negatives in what will likely be a positive product marketing campaign. To serious fighting gamers on the other hand, they are offputting and hype-reducing.

We'll see how it all turns out. The game is really fun regardless.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
STB Charlie Murphy sorted this out last night.

He asked Paulo and paulo said that jump in attacks start their negative frames the moment they hit. So, in deathstrokes case I am almost certain he is -21 after the first shot connects, but that frame duration carries out until the end of the move. Save us Somberness
Exactly

After Deathstroke is done its probably -3 which is horseshit OP lol

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
This is a bummer, but I don't see why so much overdramatic response to it. I mean, this is obviously a luxury feature (especially given that it's not really been implemented in a game before), so I can't say the game's exactly ruined for me 'cuz of it.

Hopefully it'll get fixed, though. It's a handy tool.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
So I asked Paulo why with Aquaman I can punish deathstroke low gun (-23? ) on point blank range, literally point blank w Aqua's -9 b1

He said "The frame data is incorrect and buggy on multiple hits"

I know for a fact this includes deathstroke's guns, Sinestro's MB Fear blast and other multi hits specials and I suspect a lot of strings and single moves are wrong as well

Just want to give everyone the heads up so everyone stops with this horse shit about "DEATHSTROKE IS -23 on guns bro punish it crap"

Cause you can't

colt

Any idea when frame data will be updated/fixed?
-23 on block or minus -23 on hit???

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is a bummer, but I don't see why so much overdramatic response to it. I mean, this is obviously a luxury feature (especially given that it's not really been implemented in a game before), so I can't say the game's exactly ruined for me 'cuz of it.

Hopefully it'll get fixed, though. It's a handy tool.
Well for me it's a huge bummer because I'm trying to learn MUs, the game, prepare for tournaments and this severely slows me down and confuses me

I have zero faith in any frame data until I go through now and check everything for myself

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So let me get this straight, the on-screen frame data isn't disclosed by NRS themselves, but calculated by the game engine?

This explains alot. Infact, I'm starting to wonder if this was the "bug" Boon was talking about in his tweet a couple months back.

And for crying out loud, I understand everyone's concern, but can we give the situation a few months to materialize before Somberness volunteers to check it out for himself? He's human too y'know, and even with his help alot of miscalculations were still made in MK9.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yea this is something that should be fixed in time. @Everyone who is overreacting, QUIT YOUR BITCHING, do you know how long it took us to get frame data for MK9? It had to be done by an AWESOME community member and compiled over months. Sometimes things happen. NRS tried to help us a ton by adding frame data in game so we arent clueless as all fuck for the first year of the game with 0 frame data. This will flesh out the game faster than MK9 and lead to high level play so much faster. Even if some of the multi-hit stuff is wrong right now. It will be fixed as soon as NRS can do it. So be happy that everything else is there for now and be happy that the other stuff will be fixed WAY faster than trying to figure it all out on our own. Now go back to playing this awesome game and stop trying to find reasons to complain about it.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I just cleaned this thread. All of you, chill the fuck out, take some deep breaths, and get back to the discussion. There was no need for the blowing-up that took place.

Breaker - because you were kind enough to apologize for your behavior and remove your post (which was really not something you needed to post in the first place), I'll be a gentleman and hold off on the infraction, but I better not see that crap happening again. That goes for everyone else who took part in the argument, not just him.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Obviously, its dumb to have frame data wrong. But alot of it seems right to me and still has its uses.

You have to test frame data related stuff anyways otherwise you're going to look like a fool when you see stuff whiffing due to hitboxes/pushback/etc.

I personally found alot of it useful to see where to begin my testing. If they didn't add this we would have to start at nothing.

Bottom line, having in-game frame data with some of it wrong does not causing any additional testing that you wouldn't have had to do anyway if there was no frame data what-so-ever.

For example: I wouldn't have thought to test Flash's B22 being adv on block probably for weeks if I had not gone into the frame data, saw it listed it, then tested it and confirmed it is advantage on block. With no frame data I wouldn't have even tried that.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think someone mentioned that a hotfix for this is coming up very soon.
I don't think it's that big a deal honestly because we've already got a starting point with all the single hit attacks that are most likely correct. And with the godlike training mode there shouldn't be any problems figuring out a ballpark estimate of how much advantage something is.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I just hope to hear something from nrs about this. I work in the software industry - shit can go wrong even when carefully prepped and checked.

That said, this is a HUGE problem and hopefully takes priority at nrs to be carefully combed through and fixed. An explanation as to how it got messed up and everything that's incorrect would be great, colt.

This affects every player of almost every calibre and drastically impacts tournament players.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2