What's new

Breakthrough Injustice - Deathstroke Officially Joins the Cast!

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Weird after he throws the sword in the super into the opponents stomach.. then he shoots them the sword is gone??? :p
I have a feeling the shooting them a bunch portion is a different scene entirely, perhaps his victory pose, much like how flash does the tornado thing. I too am curious how he gets the sword back tho. even if the shooting is part of it, its not a teleporting kenshi sword, so hes gonna have to retrieve it somehow.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
I was all about Green Arrow, but deep down he fucking annoyed me to no end. Deathstroke on the other hand... fuck yea!

drift221

Shocking Your System
It looks like the move at :23 is the ex pistol, where as the one @ :46 is the regular one. Not sure how that will play a role in his overall zoning. His gimmick is probably him switching between his pistols and his rifle.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lately I play KoF a lot and watching Deathstroke I see two potential things that are good here that may just make him blow up for combos. The double kick and the sword spiral.

His double kick pops them up much the same as EX Kyo's double kick. That one move is one you can both start with or combo into from other stuff and Deathstroke's looks to be the same. The pop up on that move will likely make him a sandbox from that point on in his combos and I'm betting his big stuff will revolve around seeing how many you can work into a combo just like EX Kyo.

Its yet to be seen how good his moves are on block, but my guess is that with the amount of corner carry designed into his moveset they should be solid for blockstrings and pressure. What leads me to think they'll make him good on block is sword spiral. Sort of like how K' has good zoning buy massive corner carry I'm betting Deathstrokes gameplan is to make it too risky to try to zone him. He wont be the best at it, but he will be pretty good which is good enough to force people to try and jump in on him a lot to avoid gunplay antics. This, like K', is what he is designed to force folks to do so that he can go for setups into sword spiral. My hope is that moves can be cancelled into sword spiral or that it or its EX is great for AA. If so then he is a corner carry expert designed to have options on his pressure strings in the corner to open people up (like the overhead).

Here's hoping he is designed the way I'm thinking because if he is expect him to be a guy who forces folks to come to him patiently and who is at his scariest when you try to approach them because the real damage they possess comes from their pressure and their ability to counter approaches into cornering situations that allow them to start it.

Fingers crossed here. Can't wait to see him on the next build for folks to test how good his moves are on block and for sword spiral to be explored more.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I hope the EX version of the sword "spiral" pops up instead of the sliding knockdown it currently does. Otherwise DS doesn't seem to have much in terms of combos.

I have a feeling I'm going to be playing against this character a lot online.
He's Scorpion, but with guns, so ya....