What's new

Injustice Complete Character Tier List + With Rumored Patch Updated 6-17-13

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Does anyone know which stages are top tier to go along with these characters? Power Ground, Power Flying, Acrobatic, Gadget
Insurgency? Gotham City Alley? Metropolis Rooftop for some? I choose Insurgency as Power and Alley as Acrobat/Gadget.

Most importantly
Which stage requires the least processing?(assuming there is any stage lag). Check
Might depend on the type of char. With Raven I've found that by far Hall of Justice is her best stage, but with Frost I prefer either the Fortress or Lagoon. With Sinestro I think the rooftop helps out his game but every power char doesn't play the same so stages seem to be player/char subjective.

MITDJT

No offence dude, don't be pissed off lol. I'm just saying that it's not that long to figure out if a character is good or bad. We just need to have a look on high player's tier list, kommunity's tier list, tournaments' casting (which is, like mk9 was, most of the time the same arrived top 17), frame data, couple of weeks in the lab, normals, and specials to figure out if a char is decent or not.
Obviously you can find new tech, but I really think it won't change the character that much unless you find an infinite or something which will be patched asap.

I always supported you, your brother (until cyrax), woundcowboy, Scar and Pig since mk9 for being the only guys playing characters that we didn't use to see in high level tournaments so your arguments getting out from your mouth are legit, but I still give you my opinion because that's why TYM exists.

As long as I won't see the "bottom/unexplored char" in a high level tournament (without crazy buff patch), I'll stay on my position. I already see a ton of batgirls in tournament whereas she has been released recently. And I can bet I'll see a lot of scorpion at EVO. So why some character are top 8 viable day 1, where some other are still "supposedly unexplored" by the kommunity and underused by progamers after 2 months ?
I wanna believe to coincidence, but I'm not superstitious. :/

How many C. Vipers were winning SF4 when it first came out? It's a legit question cause I'm curious. I get what you're trying to say and what he is. The fact is characters with higher execution take longer to figure out, but that doesn't make them bad. Lets be honest, there are alot of supermans out there b/c F23 breath is easy as fuck to do, and it's an 8 frame or whatever advancing mid... it's not that hard to pick up superman and do well just learning basics like that....

Or take deathstroke, who you can literally win just knowing how to do 2-4 special moves, and zero combos or whatever. I want to point out I'm not complaining that these characters are overpowered, just that they are some of the easiest to use effectively... I would say it's like comparing C.Viper to a character like Ken or Ryu.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the Raven post since Raven, Frost, and Sinestro are literally the only chars I've played since day 1.

With more and more MU experience I've found the Batgirl MU a hell of a lot easier. Raven is one of the few chars that can force Batgirl into taking extra risk outside her comfort zone and maintaining proper spacing for punishing into combos works wonders. If played right she can dominate the range game and make her fear throwing out a teleport. I'm borderline from calling this 5-5 at worst.

WW MU is def in WW's favor. Any Raven player saying this is 5-5 has not played a strong WW. 4-6 at best. Time will tell if its even worse.

I'd also say she is one of BA's few bad MU's. she can counter dive kick to high hell. I welcome dive kicks when using Raven. She can punish lightning or MB lightning from almost anywhere and from full screen on read when in stance for 40% or a reset. BA has an incredibly hard time in her strong range. With Frost and Sinestro this MU feels MUCH more difficult than with Raven.

Raven utterly dominates GL. 7-3. Talking with a player of your skill level this needs no breakdown.

She seems 5-5 against top tiers like Aquaman and Sinestro, and I think over time people will see she 6-4's Batman.

Scorpion, DD, and Supes might be her worst MU's. Nightwing is bad. WW is bad.

She destroys GL, Hawkgirl, Bane, Harley, Lobo, Joker, Lex, by at least 7-3.

Overall I agree with most of your placements on the updated list. Might make a couple of tweaks here and there but overall the most accurate list by far I've seen. Just throwing in my 2 cents on Raven.
Gl vs raven 7 3 her? got to give that 5 5, and we can definitely discuss this, also you can watch my bros match vs forever kings's raven @ufgt9, that showed a good example two high lvl reps for the characters early on.

How many C. Vipers were winning SF4 when it first came out? It's a legit question cause I'm curious. I get what you're trying to say and what he is. The fact is characters with higher execution take longer to figure out, but that doesn't make them bad. Lets be honest, there are alot of supermans out there b/c F23 breath is easy as fuck to do, and it's an 8 frame or whatever advancing mid... it's not that hard to pick up superman and do well just learning basics like that....

Or take deathstroke, who you can literally win just knowing how to do 2-4 special moves, and zero combos or whatever. I want to point out I'm not complaining that these characters are overpowered, just that they are some of the easiest to use effectively... I would say it's like comparing C.Viper to a character like Ken or Ryu.
good analysis on the situation, yes indeed. When I look at someone like cammy, she isn't hard to play and is very effective. Now gen is solid, but he takes a longer period of time to get down to a high lvl, but once you do then he is deadly (Xian for example has beaten many top names such as mago an daigo going all gen, even won a major (Canada cup 2012). usually the ones that take long become the ones that are the most annoying and dangerous.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Gl vs raven 7 3 her? got to give that 5 5, and we can definitely discuss this, also you can watch my bros match vs forever kings's raven @ufgt9, that showed a good example two high lvl reps for the characters early on.
Lol why would Raven ever have a 7-3 advantage?

Lol why would Raven ever have a 7-3 advantage?
she 7 3s lex luthor tho haha, nd maybe someone else. But besides that, nope. And I am very positive that matchup is even. Her spacing and keep out game is pretty good, but nothing that GL can't deal with, and once he is in, her wakeups won't be saving her from his 50/50s and etc. Also if he corners her, bad news haha.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
she 7 3s lex luthor tho haha, nd maybe someone else. But besides that, nope. And I am very positive that matchup is even. Her spacing and keep out game is pretty good, but nothing that GL can't deal with, and once he is in, her wakeups won't be saving her from his 50/50s and etc. Also if he corners her, bad news haha.
Agreed 100%.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I upplay Lex hella but I agree that's probably 7-3 lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Bane is top 5
KF is bottom 5
Superman is the worst character in the game'
Lobo beats all characters 8-2

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Can another Bane player tell me what bane has that makes him not Bottom 3, who he's better than and why.
Bane has a lot of tools. Really good strings, high power, easy access to armor, and an amazing dash. His lack of wakeup options are what is holding him back. Most of us true Bane mainers, can actually go even with much of the cast. Doombawkz might be able to explain some MU's better.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

None. I can tell you 1st hand on the scene Viper was "low tier" for what seemed like forever. I remember talking to JWong after some matches and he just going on about how trash she and Cammy were (lol). Little time later...

Same thing happened in Soul Cal with Hilde. She was literally F-tier for almost a year. The running joke was how balanced the game was except for "Hilde tier". Then it happened. IT happened. And when it happened she went from "lolz Hilde tier garbage char" to "omg Hilde is dominating the entire cast with these set ups" to her literally being banned from all future tourneys for the rest of the games life.

I agree some chars may seem crappy right now, I'll even say myself that Joker sucks. It's fun to discuss sometimes and gives you ideas about the past and current state of the game. But you always have to remember that's only right now and after everyone is fully thawed out can we truly say who's better than who.

So until then if someone thinks their "garbage low tier char" is much better than what's being said they should stay with them and unlock their potential because you never know.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the Raven post since Raven, Frost, and Sinestro are literally the only chars I've played since day 1.

With more and more MU experience I've found the Batgirl MU a hell of a lot easier. Raven is one of the few chars that can force Batgirl into taking extra risk outside her comfort zone and maintaining proper spacing for punishing into combos works wonders. If played right she can dominate the range game and make her fear throwing out a teleport. I'm borderline from calling this 5-5 at worst.

WW MU is def in WW's favor. Any Raven player saying this is 5-5 has not played a strong WW. 4-6 at best. Time will tell if its even worse.

I'd also say she is one of BA's few bad MU's. she can counter dive kick to high hell. I welcome dive kicks when using Raven. She can punish lightning or MB lightning from almost anywhere and from full screen on read when in stance for 40% or a reset. BA has an incredibly hard time in her strong range. With Frost and Sinestro this MU feels MUCH more difficult than with Raven.

Raven utterly dominates GL. 7-3. Talking with a player of your skill level this needs no breakdown.

She seems 5-5 against top tiers like Aquaman and Sinestro, and I think over time people will see she 6-4's Batman.

Scorpion, DD, and Supes might be her worst MU's. Nightwing is bad. WW is bad.

She destroys GL, Hawkgirl, Bane, Harley, Lobo, Joker, Lex, by at least 7-3.

Overall I agree with most of your placements on the updated list. Might make a couple of tweaks here and there but overall the most accurate list by far I've seen. Just throwing in my 2 cents on Raven.
Thanks man

And great post, I agree with everything you said :)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Thanks man

We have an amazing Raven here. I'll have you play against him at Evo. He makes a lot of what salt shaker said look like contradictions. I am guessing he relies heavily on her zoning which is great but everyone is seriously under rating her up close presence.. She has a huge variety of tricks and unfortunately isn't receiving the recognition she deserves yet.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Thanks man

We have an amazing Raven here. I'll have you play against him at Evo. He makes a lot of what salt shaker said look like contradictions. I am guessing he relies heavily on her zoning which is great but everyone is seriously under rating her up close presence.. She has a huge variety of tricks and unfortunately isn't receiving the recognition she deserves yet.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Forever King is def good, I'm gonna check those matches out. Maybe I'm judging a little more off of my personal experiences than I should, but I've never felt like it was even vs a GL at my level. Where as with Frost it def seems tougher in that MU.

What I've noticed for the Raven/GL MU is that they both excel at controlling space at certain ranges, with Raven's a little bit outside of his. GL has to commit to something 1st which plays right into Raven's danger zone. Raven really has no reason to ever jump in this MU taking away some of his Lift's value, he has no safe way to get in, and his strongest area is also bad for him in the MU. A push block from either char always feels like advantage for Raven, same with a clash. Of the top tiers from my experience GL is by far the easiest to push out once he gets in also. In demon stance from a distance he's damn near vulnerable to everything with his mobility issues.

Not saying you're wrong with your assessment as I'm sure you have more experience with MU's than I do in this game, but I would like to hear why you think it's 5-5. Maybe I haven't fought the right GL and could've missed something along the way.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea man I must agree you are correct. I only play 3 chars and two are Raven and Sinestro, both of which I feel are extremely underrated. Hell if Pig and Wound weren't bringing out Sinestro the way they are (and loading me with glorious tech for mine) then I'd bet the bank he'd be called "low tier" right now.

With Raven you hit it right on the head. I play a very defensive Raven. Not so much "zoning" per say, but a very counter heavy patient Raven. Depending on the MU depends on how much rushdown I incorporate. The problem I've run into is that it feels like her best way to be played is defensive, and up close and personal gets me slaughtered against certain chars.

Say a good WW player, I can hold my own if I play patient, wait for the right moments to strike and pace the game a little slower than WW would like. But the second she gets too close or manages to up the tempo of the match its GG. I do think she has a lot of undiscovered dirt but I wouldn't have guessed it to be the way you are saying. Great to hear and I'm looking forward to adding that to my game when it starts to be brought to light.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yea man I must agree you are correct. I only play 3 chars and two are Raven and Sinestro, both of which I feel are extremely underrated. Hell if Pig and Wound weren't bringing out Sinestro the way they are (and loading me with glorious tech for mine) then I'd bet the bank he'd be called "low tier" right now.

With Raven you hit it right on the head. I play a very defensive Raven. Not so much "zoning" per say, but a very counter heavy patient Raven. Depending on the MU depends on how much rushdown I incorporate. The problem I've run into is that it feels like her best way to be played is defensive, and up close and personal gets me slaughtered against certain chars.

Say a good WW player, I can hold my own if I play patient, wait for the right moments to strike and pace the game a little slower than WW would like. But the second she gets too close or manages to up the tempo of the match its GG. I do think she has a lot of undiscovered dirt but I wouldn't have guessed it to be the way you are saying. Great to hear and I'm looking forward to adding that to my game when it starts to be brought to light.
I'll just try to explain how I feel when I play him since I am literally retarded when it comes to Raven's specials/strings. She has the 222? spin thing which is plus 6 (you can dash out of the 3rd part). But thats the mind game. he wants you to show him you know how to escape the frame trap pressure. If you don't he will run it on you all day into whatever extra crap she does (lol). If you show him you know the answer then its 22 xx grab combo.

In the corner she has a lot of nj ambiguous mixups based off how raven decides to time it. That layered into combos that end with grabs and I believe hard kd's and more 50/50 mix ups.

You begin to fear throwing interactables without meter of course. Because she full combo punishes you if you don't meter burn it.

And she isn't very meter dependent which means she gets the ability to destroy you if you clash or regain a bunch of health.

Theres a lot more, I just cant think of a lot right now. And even if I could I don't want to ruin his debut at Evo and explain all his tricks...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'll just try to explain how I feel when I play him since I am literally retarded when it comes to Raven's specials/strings. She has the 222? spin thing which is plus 6 (you can dash out of the 3rd part). But thats the mind game. he wants you to show him you know how to escape the frame trap pressure. If you don't he will run it on you all day into whatever extra crap she does (lol). If you show him you know the answer then its 22 xx grab combo.
I also use this when I can. It works well but can also cost you. Very dependent on how ready your opponent is to react and what char they are using. Using it sparingly is the best way as it almost always can work one way or the other when least expected.

In the corner she has a lot of nj ambiguous mixups based off how raven decides to time it. That layered into combos that end with grabs and I believe hard kd's and more 50/50 mix ups.
Something I never hear mentioned when talking about Raven. She has some of the best jump ins/cross ups in the game. Top 3 imo.

You begin to fear throwing interactables without meter of course. Because she full combo punishes you if you don't meter burn it.
I agree 100%.

And she isn't very meter dependent which means she gets the ability to destroy you if you clash or regain a bunch of health.
This I don't agree with. I find myself burning hella meter when playing Raven as opposed to my other two chars (Sinestro/Frost). Raven's BnB 1 bar combo's are some of the best, hitting 40-46% depending on the combo, I'll give you that. Depending on the match pace and opponent though you may want to use 2 bar combos if you catch them in certain situations or setups. Her combo into reset requires two bars minimum to damage heavy. Pillars into reset is 2 bars. MB Projectile parry+dash+combo is 2 bars minimum for good damage. Sing, Crush, projectile parry, and her demon stance moves should all be MB for maximum effectiveness of the char. Not sure if I've ever had 4 bars with Raven, not in a long time at least. Frost on the other hand... I don't think she burns the most meter in the game, but she's up there.

Theres a lot more, I just cant think of a lot right now. And even if I could I don't want to ruin his debut at Evo and explain all his tricks...
Haha nah man don't. Let him bust out the underused Raven and surprise some people. Hope he does well, I'll be stealing all his notes for my Raven! Hopefully he doesn't do TOO well and get my lady nerfed.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

she is meter dependent, aint nobody got the doomsday balls to soul crush a 223 backdash if they wont get a combo into a setup out of it

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
she is meter dependent, aint nobody got the doomsday balls to soul crush a 223 backdash if they wont get a combo into a setup out of it
Well I guess I mean she builds a lot more meter than most characters. Shes the one character that I end up spending the full alloted time fighting against because she feels very difficult to brute force.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well I guess I mean she builds a lot more meter than most characters. Shes the one character that I end up spending the full alloted time fighting against because she feels very difficult to brute force.
thats something people didnt realise with ermac. this kind of character will always require full attention and 99% of the time is as good as the player using him/her