What's new

Injustice Complete Character Tier List + With Rumored Patch Updated 6-17-13

Flagg

Noob
Hey guys, CSZ parry was one of my favourite moves in the whole of MK 9, very efficient at stopping the Cage, KL and Kabal upclose onslaught.

I hear a few characters have parry in this game? Surely not at 1 frame start ups though?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Bane has a lot of tools. Really good strings, high power, easy access to armor, and an amazing dash. His lack of wakeup options are what is holding him back. Most of us true Bane mainers, can actually go even with much of the cast. Doombawkz might be able to explain some MU's better.
what on earth are you talking about?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Scorpion, DD, and Supes might be her worst MU's. Nightwing is bad. WW is bad.

She destroys GL, Hawkgirl, Bane, Harley, Lobo, Joker, Lex, by at least 7-3.
Wait, how does she destroy Hawkgirl? I'm seeing it as even and very based on who gets the life lead.

Also what about Grundy? that MU is fuckin awful for Raven ~__~ worse than NW, DD and WW for sure.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait, how does she destroy Hawkgirl? I'm seeing it as even and very based on who gets the life lead.

Also what about Grundy? that MU is fuckin awful for Raven ~__~ worse than NW, DD and WW for sure.
I was waiting for a Hawkgirl to come at me for saying that. I'm almost about to be at work so I'll respond properly later today and quote you so you can see my response.

As far as Grundy, you are 100% correct. Always feels like climbing uphill. I play against an excellent Grundy user almost daily so he slipped my mind as I'm a little used to the MU more than most Raven users. I've passed the complaining about the MU stage and entered acceptance. However, the MU itself is hella one-sided I agree.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
To all those who say "if KF is so top tier then why is no one playing her?" Has it ever occurred to you that she is probably the least popular DC character in this game or people simply don't have an interest in her? I mean honestly that is one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard for someone not being good. That's like saying "if John petrucci is one of the best known guitarists, why doesn't everyone listen to his music?" Simply speaking, It's called preference.

Not everyone plays top tier like you do for the sake of playing top tier. Some people play the characters they consider their favorite comic book characters (like me with green lantern and sinestro. Started playing them day one because GL is my fave DC comic) or just play the characters with the most interesting game mechanics such as nightwing and WW with stance changes or how easy a character is to pick up and win with from the start with superman doomsday or batman. They could even pick a character based on the play styles they have in other games. A zoner from mk9 will probably be more interested in zoners in this game. It's a simple concept really...

In case that wasn't enough of a good reason. If I was a tourney player and already played green lantern and heard that killer frost was now regarded as better, I wouldn't switch to her. I'd have to learn new combos, new tech, new frame data, new matchups, new everything and then be comfortable enough to apply all these in a highly competitive setting in a relatively short amount of time. All of this for a character I don't even really like and then I'm expected to main her because she's better? I don't think so, man. Tier lists are speculation and theory just as much as they are based on results, especially early on in a games lifespan.

TL;DR: fuck you, read my shit.
I agree for the most part. I am not a huge DC fan and KF was one of the characters I was the most excited to play because she was more obscure. I wanted to play one of the females at least to troll with, but KF ended up being really good. I am also a huge Batman fan and play him out of loyalty. Regardless there are several reasons why people pick the characters they pick to play, and in the end a good player should pick a character that compliments their play style. I agree that in a game with a lot of well-known hero's, people picking obscure characters is likely to be the minority.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I was waiting for a Hawkgirl to come at me for saying that. I'm almost about to be at work so I'll respond properly later today and quote you so you can see my response.

As far as Grundy, you are 100% correct. Always feels like climbing uphill. I play against an excellent Grundy user almost daily so I'm a little used to the MU more than most Raven users. However, the MU itself is hella one-sided I agree.
Lol alright, coz I've yet to lose to a Raven on either console or offline so I'm interested in seeing why you think she wins the MU.

And yeah the Grundy MU is why I'm glad I have hawkgirl.. that shit SUCKS for Raven <__>

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol alright, coz I've yet to lose to a Raven on either console or offline so I'm interested in seeing why you think she wins the MU.

And yeah the Grundy MU is why I'm glad I have hawkgirl.. that shit SUCKS for Raven <__>
Cool def. Will enjoy the discussion.

Yea when I play him i normally try to fight uphill, lose about 10 of 15 matches feeling like i could've won more, and switch to Frost or Sinestro in anger. Lol

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
I love playing a game as much as I love watching progamers playing. And there is nothing more frustating for me (and most of my friends) than seing all time the same char in tournaments (resets or not ^^). I'll keep playing Flash because he is fun and at my casual level he is still viable (my secondary is BA anyway lol), but it is sad that I won't be able to see any of them in a major that I can watch with popcorn (and I'm not blaming top players because they do have sponsors and cashprice etc..).

Now that I'm thinking about, I'm agree with you but in the opposite way. Some top char can be worse just finding new tech to counter them. I have in mind the reptile/ermac domination when the game came out. Same about Jax when cdjr was dominating. But overwise, a bottom char rarely becomes good just like that because he is already fucked up on his fondamental moves compare to the other.

Anyway, I should make a new thread about it but do you guys think a fighting game can be perfectly balanced ? I mean, a fighting game where every char would be top 8 viable. I heard tekken was kind of. The thing is, and that wasn't the case when I used to play starcraft 2, that making patch every months and for a long time isn't good/pleasant for IGAU/mk9 progamers. Yet it allows us to go the lab over and over (which is good for the game duration), always work on our characters, and balance the game as much as we possibly can to have more fun.
After 10 years, starcraft 1 was perfectly balanced and yet it's a RTS. But in fighting game it seems the time is missing.
True, majority of the cast in TTT2 is viable. DLC chars are meh, especially the clones except for Violet, Michelle, and Miharu.

Forever King is def good, I'm gonna check those matches out. Maybe I'm judging a little more off of my personal experiences than I should, but I've never felt like it was even vs a GL at my level. Where as with Frost it def seems tougher in that MU.

What I've noticed for the Raven/GL MU is that they both excel at controlling space at certain ranges, with Raven's a little bit outside of his. GL has to commit to something 1st which plays right into Raven's danger zone. Raven really has no reason to ever jump in this MU taking away some of his Lift's value, he has no safe way to get in, and his strongest area is also bad for him in the MU. A push block from either char always feels like advantage for Raven, same with a clash. Of the top tiers from my experience GL is by far the easiest to push out once he gets in also. In demon stance from a distance he's damn near vulnerable to everything with his mobility issues.

Not saying you're wrong with your assessment as I'm sure you have more experience with MU's than I do in this game, but I would like to hear why you think it's 5-5. Maybe I haven't fought the right GL and could've missed something along the way.
interesting take on this, well this is what I've noticed in the matchup (I've played it as raven as well to see how it goes as well). GL does have slow mobility, but if he blocks and moves his way in patiently, she'll eventually be in the corner. Once she is in the corner, he can set up his pressure by doing things like ending strings in minigun, doing jump 3 (which is like plus 11 on block), and etc. Once GL gets in the max distance for his lantern's might, raven has no choice but to not throw out any pushes or he can punish her since it is 10 frames on startup (and I believe her push is like -20, something like that haha). Than we got to head over to the footsies, his b1 definitely is going to beat out her normal when it comes to the footsies game, so she'll have to respect that. Now yes her trait definitely helps her for sure bcuz she has many great tools with it and it does her well if she needs to escape the corner or something like that, but I found out GL can actually punish the tele (it takes some practice but it is possible, I believe the ground one isn't as easy but you can just check her and prevent her from hitting). Overall, this matchup depends on the position the characters are in, if raven has him full screen it is hers. Midscreen it is fairly even, and up close GL will have the advantage. Which leads to me having it 5 5. I'd like to explore this matchup more for sure and get some other ravens and GL's input on it, it is quite the interesting one.

haketh

Noob
BigC Did I really just see that Bane has no good wakeup options, what the fuck? And your reasons aren't anything special, his strings are good except for the horrid startup on all of them *lol fasting hitting normal 9 frames and high*, alot of characters have high damage and good okizeme that's safer and has better rewards. And get this true Bane mainers garbage out of here.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
So honest to god, why is Lobo ranked so poorly? What is he lacking that makes him dead last? A cursory glance over his forums shows he has excellent damage, he's reasonably mobile, doesn't have glaring holes in his game that I'm aware of - unlike quite a few of the lower tier characters - has a ton of space control that is effectively safe against most characters, and good oki options given his command throw. What's he missing?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So honest to god, why is Lobo ranked so poorly? What is he lacking that makes him dead last? A cursory glance over his forums shows he has excellent damage, he's reasonably mobile, doesn't have glaring holes in his game that I'm aware of - unlike quite a few of the lower tier characters - has a ton of space control that is effectively safe against most characters, and good oki options given his command throw. What's he missing?
REO said he was bad.

REO said he was bad.
apparently if he says it, then that is just what it is haha. If he said something like "flash is top 3". people would automatically be like "well if he says it, it has to be true". Not saying he is wrong about lobo, no one even wants to play him in general, so he is looking to be right.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
apparently if he says it, then that is just what it is haha. If he said something like "flash is top 3". people would automatically be like "well if he says it, it has to be true". Not saying he is wrong about lobo, no one even wants to play him in general, so he is looking to be right.
Lobo is a high execution character. Once you get that execution down, he is insanely good.

Wait for a real lobo main to come out of the works, we will see how low tier he is then.

Lobo is a high execution character. Once you get that execution down, he is insanely good.

Wait for a real lobo main to come out of the works, we will see how low tier he is then.
heck then that'd be a blow up and then that'd mean he was wrong about lobo all along. I'm not even saying he has no chance of being good, bcuz crazier things have happened. I'd love to see a good lobo going to work on ppl, that'd be tight.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That's definitely an honest answer, but are we still stuck on that? I would have thought people would have worked past it by now. I'm trying to pick up Lobo now just to see if I can develop a real understanding of him.
I'm fully open minded and ready to be proven wrong but for now ill trust Reo

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
lol he got my ass. I didn't even notice, I was just salty and ready to put him on blast. But someone let me know that was REO, and then I was like "OHHHHHHHH" haha. Reo S tier in trolling.
why don't you put him on blast anyway? Just because he's reo you back down? for shame.