What's new

Injustice Complete Character Tier List + With Rumored Patch Updated 6-17-13

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She's the only character he can't consistently AA (j2)

Cat Dash crumple counts as airborne so it ignores trait.

CW F1 is actually considerably longer than Aquaman's normals.

His wakeups are so bad that he totally has to respect her on a knockdown.

Cats > Fish it is known.

He can anti-air jump 2 with preemptive jump attacks.

Ok but his trait blows up cat claws which is her safe launcher. Is she supposed to commit to the launch punishable d+1~cat dash, b+1~cat dash and f+~cat dash? Her best conditioning tool and 50/50 become full combo punishable because of his trait.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Cant she matrix his projectiles with her dodge and just use her dash attack to stay out of harm's way with his low trident? Plus she really mixes up dudes trying to wakeup if she does that claw dash thing of hers that goes left then right.

Its not as farfetched as it sounds. Plus ....whip.

Aquaman's projectile sucks no one uses it.

Cat Dash is punishable when people know the MU.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
She's the only character he can't consistently AA (j2)

Cat Dash crumple counts as airborne so it ignores trait.

CW F1 is actually considerably longer than Aquaman's normals.

His wakeups are so bad that he totally has to respect her on a knockdown.

Cats > Fish it is known.
That is such a one sided way of looking at the matchup.

He can consistently AA her if she is within AA range. If not blocking J2 does absolutely nothing for catwoman, you just have to respect it. And i have been AA'd by From the deep while trying to j2 before, which isnt much but still damage+knockdown.

You should know that at about 1/2 dash range her only real option is F11, her b3 has pretty short reach. That means you should be pushblocking f11 most of the time. The only time she can safely set up the 50/50 is off of 1f2 or a knockdown. Her mixups are all fine and dandy but do not mean much when one hit from Aquaman leads to 40-50%. Her wakeups are not fine and dandy either so she has to take pressure off of every knockdown as well. He can also trait the 50/50 combos which means half the time she cant even get great damage off of mixups.

He can also zone her effectively with From the Deep. Just dont get too predictable with it because she can EX catdash on a read(not reaction). Evade is useless in the MU, and her low whip is easily reactable and can be punished for a full combo. after any blocked cat claws Aqua can b12 to make sure she doesnt do anything after.

After playing the MU a lot I have been convinced that it is winnable, but it is in no way shape or form her favor. It is a HARD 4-6 and the only way to beat Aqua as Cat is if you simply outplay your opponent significantly.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
He can anti-air jump 2 with preemptive jump attacks.

Ok but his trait blows up cat claws which is her safe launcher. Is she supposed to commit to the launch punishable d+1~cat dash, b+1~cat dash and f+~cat dash? Her best conditioning tool and 50/50 become full combo punishable because of his trait.
you don't have to commit to those things

do F112 and if they trait early just do nothing, if they trait late you can do f11 xx cat dash

same with b1 string

air to airing with aquaman is hard because his air normals are really slow, however j2 has a lot of range. Of course Catwoman has j1 which will win if they jump close to eachother at the same time, and j2 which does what his j2 does but better.

Zoidberg747

do F112 and if they trait early just do nothing, if they trait late you can do f11 xx cat dash

same with b1 string

air to airing with aquaman is hard because his air normals are really slow, however j2 has a lot of range. Of course Catwoman has j1 which will win if they jump close to eachother at the same time, and j2 which does what his j2 does but better.
If you block the f112 you can just pushblock then backdash. Voila, she is out again. The only time you would use trait is if she canceled into cat claws, which is her only safe way off comboing off of it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

That is such a one sided way of looking at the matchup.

He can consistently AA her if she is within AA range. If not blocking J2 does absolutely nothing for catwoman, you just have to respect it. And i have been AA'd by From the deep while trying to j2 before, which isnt much but still damage+knockdown.
on block she can potentially get a 50/50

You should know that at about 1/2 dash range her only real option is F11, her b3 has pretty short reach. That means you should be pushblocking f11 most of the time. The only time she can safely set up the 50/50 is off of 1f2 or a knockdown.
Do you mean her B1 has short range? B3 is pretty far, so I assume you mean B1.

You can't just pushblock EVERY time she touches you, that's a lot of meter.

Also off of pretty much any knockdown she can jump at Aqua on wakeup and he has to respect it.

Her mixups are all fine and dandy but do not mean much when one hit from Aquaman leads to 40-50%.
Actually Catwoman does more damage than Aquaman as far as BnBs. Also hers are unclashable.

Her wakeups are not fine and dandy either so she has to take pressure off of every knockdown as well.
Her wakeups are amazing. Cat Claw is a safe launching wakeup, Cat Dash MB catches people jumping at you on wakeup, and Trait is just really safe. All that Aqua has is Scoop which has a huge deadzone and is super punishable.

He can also trait the 50/50 combos which means half the time she cant even get great damage off of mixups.
I talked about that a post up.

He can also zone her effectively with From the Deep. Just dont get too predictable with it because she can EX catdash on a read(not reaction).
That is SUPER scary though. She gets a lot of damage off of that read and he gets low damage if he hits her with it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

If you block the f112 you can just pushblock then backdash. Voila, she is out again. The only time you would use trait is if she canceled into cat claws, which is her only safe way off comboing off of it.
What Aquaman are you fighting that has infinite meter? I want to know that cheat code.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

same with b1 string

Wait, Aquaman doesnt even need to jump against CW. Also cant he just out zone her ? Even when in mid screen which is CW's favorite space its still hard to deal against Aquaman's low scoop and his overhead, both have more range than anything CW has, low scoop is high crush i think, which means whip is out of the question, the range of his overhead is ridiculous and if she decides to jump from that distance Aquaman's d2 will blow her up. What does CW have against Aquaman in that distance ? Also up close doesnt Aquaman have frame trap strings ?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Wait, Aquaman doesnt even need to jump against CW. Also he cant he just out zone her ? Even when in mid screen which is CW's favorite space its still hard to deal against Aquaman's low scoop and his overhead, both have more range than anything CW has, low scoop is high crush i think, which means whip is out of the question and the range of his overhead is ridiculous and if she decides to jump from that distance Aquaman's d2 will blow her up. What does CW have against Aquaman in that distance ?
16 Bit said that to AA catwoman he should go air to air against her.

Zoning her is scary, if she makes the read he's eating a lot of damge from MB Cat Dash or a J2 from far range.

Low Scoop and overhead are both full combo punishable =[

Also F1 is about the same range as those moves plus faster! It's a very good normal.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

same with b1 string

Why is "just do nothing" acceptable? That sucks.

If she's doing jump 1 you can start anti-airing her with d+2.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
16 Bit said that to AA catwoman he should go air to air against her.

Zoning her is scary, if she makes the read he's eating a lot of damge from MB Cat Dash or a J2 from far range.

Low Scoop and overhead are both full combo punishable =[

Also F1 is about the same range as those moves plus faster! It's a very good normal.
MB cat dash doesnt have instant armor, only the second part of the dash has armor. Which means you cant do it on reaction against a projectile that has zero travelling time like Aquaman's. Low scoop and overhead are full combo punishable when in sweep range and they have more range than that i believe ( unless those moves are veeeeery punishable on block, sorry but i dont remember Aquaman's frame data, its been a long time since i used him. )

Cw's F1 is sick, i fully agree with you on that one, but still i dont think its enough to turn the MU in her favor. J2's range is just outside sweep range, not full screen and even then, i dont think a good Aquaman will use a projectile when he is not at full screen. All in all i believe the particular MU is winnable for CW, but imo Aquaman has a slight advantage.

Zoidberg747

on block she can potentially get a 50/50

And? You can trait the 50/50 if CW tries to combo off of it

Do you mean her B1 has short range? B3 is pretty far, so I assume you mean B1.

Durrrr. Yeah thats my bad. I meant b1.

You can't just pushblock EVERY time she touches you, that's a lot of meter.

Aquaman builds a lot of meter. Besides, making her way in is the difficult part, letting her stay in and go ham is a terrible idea

Also off of pretty much any knockdown she can jump at Aqua on wakeup and he has to respect it.

And if he knocks her down she has to essentially take a 50/50. Goes both ways.

Actually Catwoman does more damage than Aquaman as far as BnBs. Also hers are unclashable.

They are not unclashable. Her only unclashable moves are B3, f3, and super, the unclashable Bnb does 29%(43% is with super,only used to end games). Her normal BnBs do around 30-40%, although Krayzie does some pretty high damage combos, i will give you that.

Her wakeups are amazing. Cat Claw is a safe launching wakeup, Cat Dash MB catches people jumping at you on wakeup, and Trait is just really safe. All that Aqua has is Scoop which has a huge deadzone and is super punishable.

Cat claw can be blocked and checked with b12, Cat dash can be blown up, and trait is good but you will rarely have it due to evade being unviable in the MU.

I talked about that a post up.

That is SUPER scary though. She gets a lot of damage off of that read and he gets low damage if he hits her with it.
It really isnt super scary. If you are too afraid to do from the deep at 2/3rds to fullscreen range, then you are making it way to easy on catwoman. My best advice is to do 1, bait a catdash, and if she doesnt wait until she walks up and do another one. If she dashes forward she has to block one.

Or a sign that the players dont use the character?
Again, a bad indicator for that character. Assuming the players are trying to maximize their chances to win, no one choosing a character at a tourament with a decent turnout shows that, when push comes to shove, people won't bet their money on that character.

People keep switching to Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam. People are only complaining about KF. That should raise an eyebrow.

EGP Wonder_Chef

MB cat dash doesnt have instant armor, only the second part of the dash has armor. Which means you cant do it on reaction against a projectile that has zero travelling time like Aquaman's.
Yeah that's why I said on a read. Still she gets like 40% off of it while he gets 20% for a bar.

Low scoop and overhead are full combo punishable when in sweep range and they have more range than that i believe ( unless those moves are veeeeery punishable on block, sorry but i dont remember Aquaman's frame data, its been a long time since i used him. )
Scoop is suuuuuper punishable now. The overhead might be okay from max range, but her F1 has as much range and is considerably faster.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Weird, other than Shazam and DS I actually agree with the current one and also Batgirl is top 5. Meterless vortex too stronk.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Aquaman's projectile sucks no one uses it.

Cat Dash is punishable when people know the MU.
Cool. That Cat Dash blew me up good online, but like you said I dont really see her a lot so I'm by far anything but an expert on her. Her tools and pressure seem pretty good though. She doesn't do insane damage though so Trait abusive Aquaman players could really frustrate her as she needed those long combos for her damage.

I'll keep a watch on her and try to learn the matchup a bit more.