What's new

Injustice - Boon tweets, "if all goes to plan HUGE character reveal and gameplay coming tomorrow"

I don't get the whole big deal about ever character in the game having a counter part character
I think it's more of a "the main Justice Leaguers need a rogue" thing. Not everyone is going to have a counterpart. Hell, you can't tell me Hawkgirl is going to have a villain. Grundy technically has gone against most of the hero side. Deathstroke has been an antagonist to the Teen Titans and to Green Arrow, and even to Nightwing after the Titans had gone their separate ways(Bludhaven ring any bells?).

Courtney

Burn in my Light
I think it's more of a "the main Justice Leaguers need a rogue" thing. Not everyone is going to have a counterpart. Hell, you can't tell me Hawkgirl is going to have a villain. Grundy technically has gone against most of the hero side. Deathstroke has been an antagonist to the Teen Titans and to Green Arrow, and even to Nightwing after the Titans had gone their separate ways(Bludhaven ring any bells?).
I definitely agree with the main ones getting a villain, but for example Killer Frost shouldnt be in if Firestorm isn't makes no sense(I think CC would be the better choice) why should you throw an a guy who isn't well known just because its not like these character are only allowed to fight their personal villains so people like Black Canary or Zatanna shouldnt be in unless we give them a villain, I just think thats a really bad argument against any character not being in

MoldMan

Noob
I definitely agree with the main ones getting a villain, but for example Killer Frost shouldnt be in if Firestorm isn't makes no sense(I think CC would be the better choice) why should you throw an a guy who isn't well known just because its not like these character are only allowed to fight their personal villains so people like Black Canary or Zatanna shouldnt be in unless we give them a villain, I just think thats a really bad argument against any character not being in
Oh yea other than the jlers it doesn't matter

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
I'm talking specifically in Frost's case, she doesn't add much as a character, especially not without Firestorm. Some villains would be perfectly fine without their hero counterpart, but Frost really isn't that strong of a character on her own.

Reactions: SLy

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Hey, wasn't Killer Frost in that old "Justice League Heroes" game as one of the main villains? And she appeared on her own, without Firestorm making any appearance. I think Killer Frost might be at least a teeny bit more popular than people think and has a strong enough character (or at least concept) to make a solo appearance without needing to tag along with someone else.

Even then, I wouldn't mind if the mystery woman in the leaked achievement pic turned out to be Circe instead of Killer Frost. I'd be perfectly satisfied with either of those characters, as long as we are getting a woman. I realize that is probably a shallow reason, but whatever.

EDIT:
I'm talking specifically in Frost's case, she doesn't add much as a character,
She adds ice and boobs. A compelling combination.

Imagine its something completely left field that no one saw comming, like SCARECROW! Yea right I know, it's not him, too far fetched. But one can dream.........

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I swear before this - i never knew that Scarecrow and Captain Cold have so many fans... nice!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I swear before this - i never knew that Scarecrow and Captain Cold have so many fans... nice!
Man, scarecrow is pretty awesome. A broken figment of a man who uses his enemies' emotional state against them and forges weapons out of their worst nightmares.. It's hard to get much cooler than that :D

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I think Batman is one of the only heroes that has serious psychos as villains who could totally happen in real life lol

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I think it's Doomsday...

The whole "if it all goes to plan" might refer to the Gamestop meter reaches it's mark, which it did.

I'm kinda confused by all the time-difference between you and me, and also the 5 pages of comments ...
Does these news mean that the reveal be today (from now on), or tomorrow?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm kinda confused by all the time-difference between you and me, and also the 5 pages of comments ...
Does these news mean that the reveal be today (from now on), or tomorrow?
Depends where you are, from what I gather, announcements usually occur around midday in America, which means by tomorrow morning for me the announcement will be there. Whereas for Americans, the announcement would be 'today'

I'm pretty sure i'm sick of how badly this is being handled all the sudden :(
How do you mean? The Gamestop cock up or something else?

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Depends where you are, from what I gather, announcements usually occur around midday in America, which means by tomorrow morning for me the announcement will be there. Whereas for Americans, the announcement would be 'today'
ya in about 2 hours or so

It's either going to be Ares because of the comic(annoying because Raven was shown in the comic first but what can you do), the helmet in the XBox Marketplace, and the God of War junk, or it's going to be Doomsday's reveal from Gamestop's fucked up promotion.

We aren't getting the opening cinematic so everyone can put that out of their minds. An opening cinematic isn't a gameplay video.