What's new

Injustice Balance Suggestions

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
when do people counterpick in these fighting games?.. it's rare. What have you been keeping up with? Some people have a 2nd pocket character to deal with their characters bad match ups, but even that is rare.

Poongko: Seth
Dieminion: guile
Chris G: Sakura
J Wong: Rufus
Ricky Ortiz: Rufus
Infiltration: Akuma when he's serious
Daigo: Ryu
Xian: Gen
Vaingief: Zangief

MK more than the rest
Marvel there is rarely counterpicking
Tekken is pretty much nonexistent
Rarely in DOA
VF5 gimme a break. Do you know how long it takes to lkearn one character?
KOF very rare

Also, picking them up vs competent players doesn't prove whether they are brain dead or not or improve the neutral game.

Which of the aforementioned games requires less thinking than Injustice? What characters are easier to use effectively than the top 6?
I'm not giving MK an excuse for it's tier disaster but at least Kabal was harder to use than a lot of characters.

I'm just speaking the truth. I'm not even trying to argue with you.
Rarely means that counterpicking exists. That's enough.

You can't say any character besides top 6 are easier to pick up and be effective with when they're outside of top 6 for a reason.

I haven't seen Infiltration go full Akuma in almost any tournament.

Nerf killer frost :p, but serious just buff the low tiers and leave the top tiers alone (unless they had something like batgirls infinite etc) and buff the top tiers, cough Harley cough.
i would love to agree with this, but the top 6 are just kind of brain dead. You have to think with harley, so even if she got buffed the neutral game doesn't change. You would still have to think a lot more. That's why I say lower the top 6 see how that changes the game and then buff the rest who still can't compete.

You can't say any character besides top 6 are easier to pick up and be effective with when they're outside of top 6 for a reason.

Dude you must not watch a lot of SF if you haven't seen this. When he is practicing other characters it usually means he's learning that match up b/c he doesn't have the experience. He uses Akuma when it's real comp.

rarely, meaning not endangered species or near extinct rare.
There is a difference between Chris G counter picking vs. tier jumping to compete. I'm sure he would want to just use GA, but he know's against the top 6 it's near way too much of an uphill climb.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I would like my one and only "Balanced"-
Harley Quinn.

-Top 3 worst trait in game - utterly useless except for full screen (and can still be punished then as well) if trying to use it mid combo, after a combo, or anytime for that matter you get smashed worse than what the potential boon would be.. Even if you do happen to find a setup or situation to use it- it is completely random and again may hinder more than help.

- Only character to have a command dash (awesome!) this can only be canceled out by one move- her Tantrum Stance (ok)This Tantrum Stance has 3 options out of it (great), all three hit MID/LOW.. ALL 3...(WTF)... Not to mention the Command Dash, Tantrum Stance strike and follow ups can NOT be MB (WTF)..

- Her range pistols only do 4% damage on hit (many projectiles exceed this on block)..9% on hit w/MB..

- Has already suffered 2 nerfs (1 reported, 1 stealth)...

- Even with pistols in both hands has extremely short swinging normals, a very short throw range..

- slow overhead (25 su), no potential to overhead mid combo.. 1 string of F1,3 which the 3 hits OH, however the F1 hits high an is duckable/interruptible... Making it more gimmick/style then useable.

- Only "legit" pressure/mix-up frame trap was taken down to 0 on block rendering any possibilities of "good"pressure/mix-up options risky/negative or useless... If +10 on block like it was initially was to be believed okay, that seems extreme, how about bringing it down to +5 or +6.... But 0?

-A fully charged Pop Pop had a chance of misfiring and causing MAJOR disadvantage (only character in the game to have a jam/misfire/negative effect from a super move)

I understand she is a hybrid (Jack of all trades, master of none character), so not one thing should be stronger than any other. I understand her character is psychotic and a bit flakey/quirky so the misfire/random(useless) trait "fits" her character..but can we see some of this Injustice Balanced?

Batman is a jack of all trade character, he has a top trait and outstanding Rushdown due this perk..

Superman has good zoning capabilities as well as good pressure capabilities and can be played either way.. Also with a top perk..

I am not trying to bring top characters down, but can we at the bottom see some light first? Please? Anyone?

I am not screaming buff..Sure I have my wishes and dreams .. However this is not the time and place for that.. I am just a lowly peon informing people about a single character in a world that needs to be balanced....
I think that you should be able to choose whether Pop Pop misfires or not. The range pistols only doing 4% damage makes me rage also.

Edit: I on the other hand will scream BUFF BUFF BUFF!

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
The list if games x5 star has done anything in.....

Blow me up make me evolve to Salttime, not good for you bro

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Deathstroke by design isn't meant to be a zoner that keeps people out, he's meant to be one that forces people to come in, in which case he has an overhead/low/throw/J3 mixup to push them right back out again.
I do not think you understand Deathstroke's meta game. People need to have a reason to be forced to come in. If I have the ability to punish low shots at far ranges, why am I forced to come in when I can play footsies, make a good read, and come in safely? Not surprisingly, Deathstroke's best match ups are still against those characters who cannot punish low shots at far ranges because Deathstroke can then play the mix up game that you correctly described.

These Black Adam and Killer Frost players have the audacity to cry about a possible couple of frames on dive kick and slide respectively. Deathstroke's best move has been "normalized" and has twice as many recovery frames as it used to, so these fools need to shut up and stop crying.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Not to mention they made standing gunshots 11 frame startup bc ppl bitch, but they don't touch Adam or supes

Also Supes delayed MB eye lasers are dumb. If you block the early part and then dash, he can MB and lock on to your position. It then knocks you away full screen. If Bane rhino charges and Supes delays his MB he shoots the MB backwards through his own brain, skull, and everything at Bane, who is now on the other side of him. WTF is that.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Also Supes delayed MB eye lasers are dumb. If you block the early part and then dash, he can MB and lock on to your position. It then knocks you away full screen. If Bane rhino charges and Supes delays his MB he shoots the MB backwards through his own brain, skull, and everything at Bane, who is now on the other side of him. WTF is that.
Super?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
yeah do a level 1 or 2 venom rhino charge and delay jumping MB eye lasers with super man. Allow the jumping eye lasers to hit him while running and dely MB when bane is on the opposite side. Supes will still track him.
Was saying.. That sounds "super" to me.. Would still be funny if Supes took damage himself from that :)

One "normalization" that I was contemplating was that Aquaman should not be able to tech grabs during his trait. This makes it that he can't just use it on his wake up to prevent characters that have knockdown 50"50 pressure from getting any offense going. Let me know what you guys think of it.
i never thought about that, but think he still gets it back too fast. The "nerf" was only .5 secs difference on when he can use it. I don't think the problem is the duration. I think the problem is how long does he have to wait before he could do it again. .5 sec is hardly a nerf. it should have been 3 solid secs. That's a nerf. And maybe only break one hit during that time if it is not that way yet.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
My prediction is this game won't last half as long as Mk9 so no need to complain. Just let it die slow. Once everyone at Evo sees how retarded Scorpion is, this game will be put to rest for good.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
The black adam down play is ridiculous. Lol dive kick should be punishable on block. His mb still good. Its a overhead. Ppl who say air to air or jump back have not played a good black adam.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
so these fools need to shut up and stop crying.
Finally we agree about some of the DS mains on here.

While we're all talking buffs, I think Catwoman should steal WonderWomans golden rope and tie it into the end of hers so she can whip people at full screen.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
The ppl that are saying Adam is fine, play Adam of course they thinks he's not broke

Celerity

Lab Monster
There's no reason to nerf anyone, nothing in this game is too difficult to deal with.

Instead, you should be pulling for some of the low-tier characters to get some much deserved buffs. That way, maybe someday, somebody will make a terrible thread complaining about your favorite character too.

There's no reason to nerf anyone, nothing in this game is too difficult to deal with.

Instead, you should be pulling for some of the low-tier characters to get some much deserved buffs. That way, maybe someday, somebody will make a terrible thread complaining about your favorite character too.
i wish this were true, but the neutral game is suffering due to these abusable things. Even if everyone got buffs who needs them it would not help the neutral game. Superman's f2,3 breath would still be brain dead. BA dive kick back dash would still be brain dead. I do care about balance, but also a good neutral game so this game can survive. Aquaman getting a combo breaker ever 10.5 secs is still a problem. Batman using bats to force 50/50's and free pressure every few secs. KF, Scorpion, and Batgirl having the ability to use 50/50 loops the entire time. This game is not marvel. If everyone were brain dead like this... the game would diminish even faster than it's going to.

If they buff every one it will feel more like marvel, use your broken character tools better than the other other broken character tools. Marvel, however, has team synergy and assists to at least add layers. It could feel more like the level of Tekken if the top 6 were nerfed to normalized level. That's the GA, GL, WW, NW, SIN, DS level. These characters all have dirt, but it involves more thinking, and planning. I'm not asking for the deepest neutral game. It's not possible to be a VF, SC5, KOF or SF4... it's just not deep enough with the lack of a real footsies game.

If they are brought down it will bring some of the rest of the cast up. Then they can buff the rest from there if they are still that bad.

Showtime even suggested a buff to go with Supes nerf. This would at least make him a character who is still highly tourney winning quality, but you have to use more of his strings and mix up game, instead of f2,3 breath.

A lot of these same people were getting on m2dave when DS got nerfed, saying he needed it, but when we say their character the take up arms and fight. m2dave has a very valid argument. DS was not the best character in the game and he got a huge nerf while all of the rest of the top tier guys nearly remain the same. DS was normalized, but what about Supes, KF, BA, Aqua, and Bats. I'll let Batgirl and Scorps slide for now, but it's obvious they're really high as well.