What's new

Injustice Balance Suggestions

What I want to see more than anything from the next balance patch is primarily a HUGE rebalance of stages.

I want all stages to be looked at thoroughly, I want cooldown times to be adjusted, damage %'s to be adjusted, etc.

They should have enough data collected by now (the online system shows us that they are collecting data on practically everything). It should be obvious by this data that things like:

- Metropolis Rooftop (Airbots)
- Gotham Alley (Trash Can)
- Watchtower (Air Drones)

Are doing too much in this game. It's cool when I get hit by one chuckable interactible. But when I have to eat 2 or 3 to get in on someone, that is a little bit discouraging.

I think they have a good thing going with the interactibles and the life of their stages, but this is where I would like to see a lot the emphasis going towards with the next patch/balance changes.

Aside from this; Scorpion is silly right now. Buff low-tiers.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Not everyone's backdash is good, and he can cloud punish backdash on reaction

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
And if he waits to see if you backdash then you can attack back. Oh dear you have to make a read or block a move that does 2% chip and spaces.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol ufgt didn't have any superman or black Adam players, didn't you just see what happened to Chris g once superman was in the equation

And did you see how a Black Adam handled that Superman?

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
Injustices life spam is hanging on by a thread. We see superman is every Grand finals and its not going to stop. Unless your using the top 5 characters your not winning a tournament.

Injustice's life span is not hanging on by a thread. It's very much so alive and just because NWM doesn't have as much entrants doesn't mean anything. And Superman wasn't in Grand Finals at ECT or UFGT.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Lol ufgt didn't have any superman or black Adam players, didn't you just see what happened to Chris g once superman was in the equation

I agree that there were few superman players. However there was a multitude of top black adam players in top 32. King Godspeed (both in top 8) Myself, Han, Awesomeo, Gruntypants, Master D (would have made top 32 if it werent for me beating him in 2 mirrors).

At CEO you will see Rico Myself Godspeed Awesomeo and possibly Dragongod. Is that enough good black adams for you?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Scorpion - His teleport recovery is ridiculous , the second he touches the ground hes safe. Not everyone in the cast has AA or Uppercut combos that will hit hard. A F'ing throw isnt enough to punish a tele at this calibur

He has recovery frames when he lands.. I ignored M2Dave's thread about this because he komplains about every anti-zoning tool, but yeah. It's not super easy but it's possible.

I still think having more recovery frames on it when he lands is a good idea though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Black Adam's divekick as a whole is CSZ's done 100% right. I wouldn't touch it whatsoever. They kept the concept of a terrible hitbox, but actually made the move good otherwise.
In a game where the majority of characters have questionable anti aerial attacks, safe dive kicks are not a "good move otherwise". They are one of the best moves in the game. They allow Black Adam to punish fireballs, mess with your AA game, and escape corners almost risk free. This downplaying has to stop.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
One "normalization" that I was contemplating was that Aquaman should not be able to tech grabs during his trait. This makes it that he can't just use it on his wake up to prevent characters that have knockdown 50"50 pressure from getting any offense going. Let me know what you guys think of it.

THTB

In a game where the majority of characters have questionable anti aerial attacks, safe dive kicks are not a "good move otherwise". They are one of the best moves in the game. They allow Black Adam to punish fireballs, mess with your AA game, and escape corners almost risk free. This downplaying has to stop.
You couldn't even reliably anti-air divekicks on reaction in MK9 (in fact, only CSZ had a divekick that could be reliably a2a'd, KL couldn't be a2a'd at all), and they could be made as safe as Black Adam's (especially CSZ's).

No one is downplaying anything. We're just playing the game and learning. Like I said, they have terrible hitboxes, just like CSZ's. And his air normals have serviceable hitboxes, which isn't enough on some characters.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
How about making wake-ups 100% invincible upon start-up? What is the point of being able to use a wake-up when almost any normal attack wins out?

Repair simply issues like this and most characters can be left alone...for a while.

THTB

No last I saw it was a superman mirror in gf lol

Are you seriously talking about the ONE tournament today??? When I just listed a number of other tournaments where this did not occur???

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If you want balance suggestions why not lobby for less priority on air normals or better walk/dash speeds. Dont just try to go to the top and say "hey these characters might be bullshit, we should change that" when the game is only a few months old.

m2dave you train with Master D. He was blowing me up for trying to divekick on him at UFGT. Why can you not do the same? He obviously knows how so just ask him. Im sorry that a few characters in a game can have a counter zoning tool. It happens.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Inb4 kf nerfs.
According to NRS logic, every character's best special move ought to be "normalized" by 10 frames, which is precisely what was done to Deathstroke's low shots. So...

Black Adam's dive kicks from -7 to -17 on block
Killer Frost's slide from -4 to -14 on block
Scorpion teleport start up from 23 to 33 frames

And so on.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
How about making wake-ups 100% invincible upon start-up? What is the point of being able to use a wake-up when almost any normal attack wins out?

Repair simply issues like this and most characters can be left alone...for a while.
Depends on the wake up you use.

Personally I'd rather go back to the old wake up system, adds a bit more skill to it, + the latest changes to wake ups didnt really affect me cause I could already do them fine :p

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Mess your AA game? At the height where they're punishable by every character? Reminds me of a certain blonde female in some game we used to play before injustice, just without a meterless combo and a great hitbox.
Boo-hoo, a counterzone can punish fireballs, big deal.

Escape corners almost free if you're playing someone with sub-par knowledge of the ways to deal with divekick.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Mess your AA game? At the height where they're punishable by every character? Reminds me of a certain blonde female in some game we used to play before injustice, just without a meterless combo and a great hitbox.
Boo-hoo, a counterzone can punish fireballs, big deal.

Escape corners almost free if you're playing someone with sub-par knowledge of the ways to deal with divekick.
Yea if i escape a corner with divekick i obviously just pulled a houdini on someones ass.