What's new

INJUSTICE at Tournaments: Should interactables be legal or illegal?

Do you foresee the "stage transitions/stage interactables" being an issue in tournament-play?

• No.

Votes: 54 26.6%
  • Possibly - too soon to say.

Votes: 79 38.9%
  • Yes.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I don't care... they are hype and need to be legal.

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Legal, unless it's proved along the time, as being something that impacts negatively in the final result of a match.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Legal, its not even a question.

Im actually pissed off the MK community is only coming forward now with their opinion on ''whats fair'' about high damage combos in injustice after 2 bullshit years of Cyrax and Smoke killing you with one bar.

I can't believe people will shit a brick about massive high damage combos in injustice after one fucking day, but not a thing was put forward as a rule to Cyrax and Smoke doing the same exact thing, infact the MK community recommend using them or otherwise ''you are not using the character to its fullest potential'' and ''a non resetting cyrax/smoke will never win offline at the highest level''.

You either agree with it full stop, or not, you can't pick an choose between games.

If you think Cyrax and Smoke 100% combos are legit, then die by sword in injustice, its every character has a fair crack at the whip now.

I've done my time of playing the characters I want, and losing to bull shit combos against lesser players, and now I have my chance with any character on the roster to land massive situational extra meter-less damage with the stages interactions, no more ''il just pick this character for a combo'' and lack all fundamentals of a fighting game, we will all have that advantage (no matter what character we choose to pick) and your fundamentals will only add to that threat.

If you take the stage interactions away, then the characters that depend on them for high damage now no longer have that threat, characters that come with stock B&B damage will trump that in selection. They will always have that advantage, then the idea of ''all characters being viable'' will go to shit.

Deal with it.

I say keep them, they are a big part of the aesthetic that will bring in new eyes to the game. The early combos we see with them on are extremely situational.

Yes, 98% is a lot however their is a huge difference between a live player who knows how to avoid these things and training dummy.
The other factor is the patches that may hit day 1.
oops...wrong fight ...;) (sarcasm ofc)

“The reasoning for this was a high damage Superman combo dealing 98% damage. That is one life-bar... gone. You get caught again in the same combo or similar, you can "Clash" to get out of it, but it's the principal here.”

There are 100% combos in Marvel that kill entire characters, but no one (anymore) is asking to ban X-Factor in Marvel.

Sizes of stages and ringouts in Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur impact gameplay tremendously to the point it can cause 100% death (in the case of ringouts), but no one is asking to ban those important aspects of the game.

I miss the days of the arcades where players were forced to adapt to learning new game mechanics. You didn’t have a choice to play pad or stick (or twin sticks for that matter). You didn’t have a choice which button layout you wanted to use. You didn’t have a choice to have a block button or hold back to block.

You didn’t have a choice.

But with those restrictions, players learned that fighting games can be more than just carbon copies of Street Fighter, or other popular Capcom games in general (and there were many Street Fighter copies back in the day that aren’t around today). They were exposed to block buttons, stages being a factor in a fight and the multitude of games that brought a different spin with fighting games.

Most importantly, those restrictions allowed developers to exercise creativity in their games, to show that there are many ways to make a fighting game.

Virtua Fighter is different from KOF.

KOF is different from Virtual On.

Virtua On is different from Street Fighter.

Street Fighter is different from Mortal Kombat.

Injustice is yet another fighting game with a different game mechanic that is showing another way to enjoy a fighting game.

Let’s stick with it.

Just because one or a few broken elements are found in the game, it doesn’t mean the game mechanic is broken totally. Adjustments are, and are often in every fighting game out there, continuously made to improve the game. Fighting games, especially a new IP, need time to mature. Adjustments, either through patches, hotfixes, sequels, upgrades and etc. will be made to make it better.

Capcom had since the first Street Fighter almost 30 years ago to perfect the game mechanics in just those series of games.

Why can’t Injustice have at least a month to just understand the game?

Seapeople

This one's for you
Also some of the people who voted Yes or No may have read it wrong because the question is a little misleading. The title says "Should interactables be legal or illegal" but the question itself says "Will interactables be an issue".

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
From reading the comments here and everyone else you can clearly see the majority saids "Legal" why is it even in debate. their turning this new born into a still born that they seen prematurely

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
also isnt 100% the most you'll get going by the half way animation , its fine stop bitching both players can use interactables . if your that worried get a cheap knockdown and destroy them

coolwhip

Noob
The interactibles are part of what makes the game different. Unless they prove to be a major nuisance (which we'd only be able to determine in time), they should be legal. So yeah, until proven otherwise, they should be allowed. See how the game plays out first then start banning shit. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have been doing combos like this using the 2x interactable on fortress since before ppl even thought about pirating the game. This is NOTHING to over react to.
Tom Brady is the new Check everyone.

In all serious though I see this as being hype as hell. Plus you can only take 1 bar down. Its situational unlike Cyrax which could cost yopu the match with 2 mistakes ANYWHERE. At least with this you have top set yourself up for it.

Reactions: RYX

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
i think they should stay legal, but they do however need a serious tweak. make them blockable, but have them do alot of damage on chip still, so 20-25 on hit if you get caught jumping or in the middle of a move, and if you see it coming and can block have it only do like 5-10% with push back, this will make them feel less cheap since the only way to get away from them at full screen currently is to time the back dash through them (thats what cpu does XD) which is frustrating imo. itll stop resets too, have them otg so that they will pick you up off the ground, essentially making them standing resets but you cant continue combos off of them if theyre blockable.

that super man combo seems like they just poorly decided to have two bounces right next to each other allowing easy combos involving both, coupled with supes trait making some serious damage. just an oversite on nrs's part.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i think they should stay legal, but they do however need a serious tweak. make them blockable, but have them do alot of damage on chip still, so 20-25 on hit if you get caught jumping or in the middle of a move, and if you see it coming and can block have it only do like 5-10% with push back, this will make them feel less cheap since the only way to get away from them at full screen currently is to time the back dash through them (thats what cpu does XD) which is frustrating imo. itll stop resets too, have them otg so that they will pick you up off the ground, essentially making them standing resets but you cant continue combos off of them if theyre blockable.

that super man combo seems like they just poorly decided to have two bounces right next to each other allowing easy combos involving both, coupled with supes trait making some serious damage. just an oversite on nrs's part.
you can get around and punish them with armored bounce cancels. You still eat the damage but most characters will punish harder than the damage that a naked interactible will do. You can avoid most of them too or even hit characters out of trying to throw them at you.

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
98% with superman? ***looks up a Cyrax Combo***

Nah, its all good. Leave them. Unless its broken, all characters have access to it. And Pro-players can avoid that with proper defense.

LEAVE IT LEGAL

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
Once the game fully releases then we can tell. We're going to have to learn to adapt. If you want everything easy in the first moment you put hands on the game, you might as well drop the game and play some other easy game.

Hey as long as both players can take advantage of the interactables then I don't see a problem.

Now a baby deer that has to go up against a hunter in camo gear that is using a scope....that should be a illegal!

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Everything should be allowed- nothing removed. "Tournament" victory should be granted to those that earn it, by playing the game as it lies.. ALL elements involved.

If I won a tournament victory with anything disabled, it would not feel complete to me...

Everything should be allowed- nothing removed. "Tournament" victory should be granted to those that earn it, by playing the game as it lies.. ALL elements involved.

If I won a tournament victory with anything disabled, it would not feel complete to me...
I feel the same way. Personally, that's why I prefer Smash Bros. with items on.

Shady

Noob
By that logic, nothing in UMvC3 should be legal either. Bane with Venom on does a truck full of damage and then some. I think his trait shouldn't be legal either, because hey, that's too much damage.

Can we play the game first? Please? That combo, the 98% is cool and all, but from the way the interactibles work, it only can be done on that stage (from what I can see because of the two consecutive environment bounces in specific spots). So realistically, unless the Superman main keeps picking that stage, and trying to get you to that corner, they won't have other opportunities to land it. It also takes additional meter, which is situational.

People need to relax, this is the kind of bullshit that led to MK being overpatched last time.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
People need to relax, this is the kind of bullshit that led to MK being overpatched last time.
Not just MK.. Any game where people cry for the NERF hammer right out of the gate instead of letting the meta game establish itself.