What's new

INJUSTICE at Tournaments: Should interactables be legal or illegal?

Do you foresee the "stage transitions/stage interactables" being an issue in tournament-play?

• No.

Votes: 54 26.6%
  • Possibly - too soon to say.

Votes: 79 38.9%
  • Yes.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I don't care... they are hype and need to be legal.

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Too soon to say. Give it time and if the interactables really muddle and dumb down the game, then we can make the call as a community at that time. Until then, let it rock.

tazzmission

Banned
so wait because someone did a 98 combo people are bitching on wether or not its fare?

:sigh: i swear people bitch about the stupidest things. not everyone does tournaments so why do we have to suffer from you winey little girls?

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
They should not be banned until they're proven to be a TRUE problem. Some guy online does a 98 percent Supes combo in an extremely situational setting: Supes needs to be at the very beginning of the trait, the interactable has to be multiple "bounce offs" to work (only seen it in Fortress so far), opponent literally has to stand there and take it as the interactable is pretty slow and can be hit out of.

Come on, people getting scared off nothing right now.
This.

Seriously, the great thing about interactable combos is that they're extremely situational, and even if you're in the situation, I highly doubt that you'll remember you can do them, with all the stages in the game.

Also, I read the poll wrong, and voted yes, because I thought it meant that they should be legal. Lol.

nualphaJPN

Toriko
I personally think that after watching numerous videos of players using the interactables, I would definitely say it's legal to keep. It's not like they create any serious form of danger.

compared to the likes of say an unblockable, which many people complained about with AE, having the interactables would add more flare to the game.

making it illegal would only make it a bland fighter without having the ability to use the game to the fullest extent.

Its like taking away breakers from MK

BGMD

Noob
Something to note is that interactables aren't always free damage, you can easily get blown up with MB for using them just on a whim. I'm not gonna just stand there like a dummy and wait for someone to hit me with Superman's spaceship, there is more than enough time to react.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I say keep them in until something gamebreaking is found with them on a much simpler scale. Much like DOA, the game was built around using the interactive arenas, and taking that feature away would only result in butchering the game's unique design.

That being said, there does seem to be a few balancing issues that need tweaked (coming from the demo). Power characters being able to throw a near unavoidable, unblockable projectile for 25% of your health seems a bit much, and like Check has shown, resets making use of the interactables' OTG setups are already being discovered.

I want the game to thrive in whatever way possible, however, I don't want it to become, "that game with the broken stage stuff." So while still too early to tell, we should be putting the competitive life of the game first in future decisions.

I have been doing combos like this using the 2x interactable on fortress since before ppl even thought about pirating the game. This is NOTHING to over react to.
typical tom brady has to make it all about himself... fishin for props gonna be free when people ketchup.

Justice

Noob
The only problem I see with banning them outright is that some of the faster characters may need them as part of their gameplay to escape pressure or something. Besides, out of all the amazing kombo vids out there, how many show "realistic" kombos that can be done in tourney play?

I think it's too early to pass judgement.

JLG

Noob
I can't believe people will shit a brick about massive high damage combos in injustice after one fucking day, but not a thing was put forward as a rule to Cyrax and Smoke doing the same exact thing, infact the MK community recommend using them or otherwise ''you are not using the character to its fullest potential'' and ''a non resetting cyrax/smoke will never win offline at the highest level''.

You either agree with it full stop, or not, you can't pick an choose between games.
That argument is a logical fallacy. Specifically, it's an appeal to tradition, AKA "We've always done it this way, so we have to keep doing it this way."

As for the interactables, it will be interesting to see how this affects stage selection and even character selection (e.g. counter picking characters based on what they can do [or not] on certain stages). The only downside I see clearly right now is, as someone mentioned earlier, the stages are not designed symmetrically, so which side you start on (i.e. P1 or P2) can affect the outcome of the battle. What if the P1 side has more of an advantage, do the players flip a coin to see who gets to start there?