What's new

INJUSTICE at Tournaments: Should interactables be legal or illegal?

Do you foresee the "stage transitions/stage interactables" being an issue in tournament-play?

• No.

Votes: 54 26.6%
  • Possibly - too soon to say.

Votes: 79 38.9%
  • Yes.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I don't care... they are hype and need to be legal.

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Is that not the whole point of stage interactables that extend combos to give scary damage, so you stay away from them?

The real question should Tony-T be legal or illegal haha that man should be banned hes a walking game breaking monster haha legend

turning off interactables would mean leaving out a trademark feature of the game which also adds some depth. so my vote goes to "legal" until further proof it ruins tournament play. btw that superman thing is maybe very situational and uses 1-time interactables?

holta

Noob
Actually making the stage interaction objects like the AC unit blockable could help in toning them down.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I say why not.
If it's in the game let's use it to it's best ability.
Banning it is like banning anything else, should supers be legal?
Should special moves be legal?
Should combo's be legal?
Let's face it, this game is going to be about not getting punish hard and i don't think we'll see massive damage output at tournies from Intractables that much anyway.
This has to be Legal...

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Personally, I think so. They can amp combos up to do insane damage, and if they're anything like they are in the demo, some of them are damn near impossible to dodge and are unblockable. I'd say ban them.

TheDufase19089

BriteNite19089> DarkDay 19088
Talking about this btw.
Tony being the man once again.
I HIGHLY doubt someone could pull that off in a match, Not to mention you have a push block option.

“The successful players [will be] the players that are going to incorporate the background elements into the match versus just trying to play it like a normal fighting game,” said NetherRealm Studios producer Hector Sanchez. “That’s why the arena choices are so important at the beginning of a [multiplayer] match. Do I want to play in a match where someone has the opportunity to keep throwing stuff at me, or do I want to play a match that’s more about positioning?”

The developers took note of several notable changes, though. Hardcore fighting players can turn off environmental damage if they prefer and can now use a part of their meter to push back any opponents who might be guard crushing them in a corner. Players can also opt to change all of the traditional four-direction moves into quarter-circle and half-circle inputs that are better suited on the arcade stick.

ive just watched that superman thing, its VEEERY situational. it works from ONE spot, uses trait, 3 bars and a one-time interactable has to be unused before and is so slow that its very likely to be dodged. this is so specific, we can be happy if we see it once in a tournament during injustices lifespan and that would be fricken hype. using this as ban reason would be ridiculous.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Yep, it should be illegal. I mean it's not like it plays a major role in the game's mechanic or anything, and it's not like there's 5% chance to have three bars, trait, and have to be in front of a stage hazard you can combo off.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It's how the game is meant to be played, and this is extremely situational. Leave 'em in. Some of them could be made blockable though.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Im sorry but LI Joe can't be this stupid. That 98% combo is:

1) Incredibly situational
2) 3 Bars
3)Uses trait plus Supes is at a disadvantage at the corner, he can easily be poked out of the animation.

That's like wanting to ban Bane for doing 80% with trait and super...it's too soon to say they should be banned but, it looks like they shouldn't. And i was one of the people who didn't want them, now that i played it, they're ok.

leave it in. mad props is someone could actually pull that off in an actual match. but still agree, very situational. the interactabiles along with everything else in Injustice have a lot of strategy in involved

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
they might just nerf the damage skaling ... since the stage interactions are a huge part of the game ... but yeah again, it's too soon to determine such thing.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
With 1 bar you can armor through the first hit (I think) and full punish. This game is gonna be pretty hype. I for one am looking forward to the awesome things to come.