What's new

INJUSTICE at Tournaments: Should interactables be legal or illegal?

Do you foresee the "stage transitions/stage interactables" being an issue in tournament-play?

• No.

Votes: 54 26.6%
  • Possibly - too soon to say.

Votes: 79 38.9%
  • Yes.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I don't care... they are hype and need to be legal.

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Solo

Shadow Priest
If interactables get banned wouldn't that take the point of Injustice away. IMO.. it wouldn't feel like it's own game anymore.

This is what they wanted Injustice to be known for. 90% of the trailers is showing off some kind of interactables.

Edit: Imagine being beat by a dumpster? So embarrassing.. :(

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Given what it takes to get someone into this combo, I think the damage is pretty fair.

Like, you deserve to get one combo'd if you get hit with that shit.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Look let's wait how it goes and dont ban them.IF they are SO utterly broken I will main a character I dont like for you guys!

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I haven't watched too much gameplay but I know that it's too early to tell. I think it's best if we try and work with the interactions and let NRS patch what needs to be patched. Like the poll said, it adds hype to the game.

No they shouldn't be banned. Something shouldn't be banned just because there's a knee jerk reaction from the community saying otherwise. It reminds me when REO was doing IGFB on hitbox, and the question on whether or not Kabal should be banned sprang up. Give it time.

Plus, the combo looks pretty situational. I don't know the level of difficulty for that, but seeing it's TONY-T, it's probably pretty difficult to pull off.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think they'll be fine in the long run. I think they should be changed to not be guaranteed OTGs in certain situations, and maybe slightly tone down the damage since they do like 20% or so by themselves. Other than that, they seem easy enough to avoid and will definitely make matches more interesting.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
jesus christ,people pissing there pants about stuff on day -3.
even from that combo in the vid,the spaceship thing looks to be smashing not making it a loopable deal.
and it seems like it could only be done on that stage from that position, thats a dumb reason to ban them altogether.
if your against superman in that excact position shouldnt your thoughts be "hmmm he can do 98% here,im going to mbf3 that spaceship and fuck his shit up"
and like been mentioned loads of chars can prob do this shit in same or different stages, it part of the game.

until 200% unescapable combos come with them all theres not reason to ban all them out right,
if some super broken loopable stuff is found, just ban that stage like what weve done with stages in mk9

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
jesus christ,people pissing there pants about stuff on day -3.
even from that combo in the vid,the spaceship thing looks to be smashing not making it a loopable deal.
and it seems like it could only be done on that stage from that position, thats a dumb reason to ban them altogether.
if your against superman in that excact position shouldnt your thoughts be "hmmm he can do 98% here,im going to mbf3 that spaceship and fuck his shit up"
and like been mentioned loads of chars can prob do this shit in same or different stages, it part of the game.

until 200% unescapable combos come with them all theres not reason to ban all them out right,
if some super broken loopable stuff is found, just ban that stage like what weve done with stages in mk9
People should listen to 1man more. Lol who you interested in in injustice?

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
There's no need to ban them. Every stage doesn't allow a combo like that superman one, situational or not. you can't do that combo on the gotham stage, or in either arkham asylum. without the bg stuff this game loses a lot, might as well play marvel vs capcom or persona. I believe that for tournament play the bg should be left on until something really super one sided shows up and stage select should be 50/50 as is (both players select a stage and the game chooses) IMO. It's what makes the game, not the dc characters involved. It's a completely different game when the stage aspect is nullified. If damage is that much of an issue make it 3/5 matches go by fast in this game. Just my two cents, I hope someone reads it and actually considerrs it instead of everybody fighting like in most these opinion threads

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
The game doesn't need to be perfectly balanced. Situational things are excited to watch when pulled off, and it's just more game to learn. Keep interactables.

Think about shang tsung or sektor landing an up missle. When it happens in a competitive match everyone thinks "big damage incoming" and it get's people hyped.
Now, imagine Superman has his trait up and lands that interactable: shit just got real.

As long as 80% combos don't become the BnB's, I don't think anyone will consider it lame or broken.

1man3letters

People should listen to 1man more. Lol who you interested in in injustice?
lol thank ya sir.
well grundy going to be my main.
will use harley quinn aswell.
thought i will have a look at ares/killer frost in training when i get the game.they look interesting to me.
yourself?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
lol thank ya sir.
well grundy going to be my main.
will use harley quinn aswell.
thought i will have a look at ares/killer frost in training when i get the game.they look interesting to me.
yourself?
Grundy
Deathstroke
Harley

Kind of funny we seem to want to play similar chars lol.

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
It's not the situational combos that bother me about interactables, it's the asymmetry of the stages. I feel like it could lead to subtle advantages based start position. For example, there could be easy combos into stage transitions possible from the start of the match from the player one side that are more effective than combos without the stage transition from the player two side. There would certainly be counter-strategies for this sort of thing, and the advantage would disappear as players moved around the field and switched positions. But I feel like at the start of the round, players should be on fairly equal footing.
However, I will still use them until major tournament organizers decided on what to allow.

1man3letters

Grundy
Deathstroke
Harley

Kind of funny we seem to want to play similar chars lol.
yea that a bit strange alright lol
i can see a few tarkatans heading doomsday way aswell

according to art on his stream harley has a strong corner game when she gets you in it with some traps she has so interesting how that will plan out.