What's new

Injustice - Alternate costumes will be unlocked via game's "experience system"

hellbly

Noob
Oh I gotcha. Well what I meant by different properties wasn't improvements or costumes with better properties; I meant exactly like the tradeoffs you have between Cyrax and Cyblax. Anything that adds more depth.
That's good, I'm not familiar with MK but I get it: the important thing is to give the same means to all the players.

Not fighting games though. Seriously they need to add cheats so the lazy gamers who don't want to work for it can just unlock everything (plus it'd help tournys) while guys like me can earn our stuff the fun way.
Or like the WWE games, where pay $1.00 dollar to unlock all content. It's worth it for me. Time is money, so I'll spend the dollar to save time. All fighting games should adopt this. I'd rather dedicate my time to leveling up, than climbing the tower. This also makes tourneys easier.

Anyone played Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for the Gamecube and X-box? You could unlock things the old fashion way or input cheat codes. The cheat codes helped made tourneys more easy to pull off.

I don't get why more fighting games don't have cheats? I mean adding it isn't gonna make people who want to unlock stuff just use the cheat and the people who only have limited free time or just don't wanna work for stuff will be kept happy.

....I bring up Godzilla a lot. NRS, Godzilla game next. Make it happen.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Anyone played Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for the Gamecube and X-box? You could unlock things the old fashion way or input cheat codes. The cheat codes helped made tourneys more easy to pull off.

I don't get why more fighting games don't have cheats? I mean adding it isn't gonna make people who want to unlock stuff just use the cheat and the people who only have limited free time or just don't wanna work for stuff will be kept happy.

dear god I loved that game so much

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Would love it if there was some color customization like in SFxT, or costume customization in general. And I'm glad the alts are unlocked via in game, seems NRS has been listening in that regard as well.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I actually like finding unlockables in games. It just has to be done right.

I need to be able to get this xp in any mode, even versus and online though.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is one key reason why I enjoy/feel NRS>>>>Capcom fighting games.

Why charge for extra content that you can originally put into the game to begin with?

Of course I'm sure they'll have DLC, but how cool would it be if the only DLC were more characters and their skins or perhaps new stages? Yet, the rest of the alternates are already in the game!!

The color customization and KAK in a game like this means little to personally, to have 3 or 4 alternates in the game besides the initial costume alone is epic!

The XP system I trust won't be "too difficult" like in COD or other games, this is a fighting game afterall I'm sure it'll be good.

I thought Save the Earth was better. That one contained the awesome might of Jet Jaguar.

I agree with the cheats thing. There is this one fighting game called Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. Good game, recommend it. It's an 3-D fighting game with Marvel super heroes and 7 characters the devs pulled out of their asses. Most of them rip offs of other characters like Electro, Nightcrawler, Human Torch (Who is actually in the game) and even Lex Luthor!

That was one of the fighting games where you had to unlock most of the characters and stages. It didn't have any cheats. Real pain in the ass.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
At the end of the Black Adam Vs. Raven fight that Hector did commentary for we can see you get XP for a lot of stuff: perfect match, winning the round, using supers, winning/performing a clash, stage transition and interactions.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Anyone that reads comics and has read KnightFall....I would seriously play Batman if they gave him this as an alternate costume or straight up had THIS batman as an actual character...
Eh, if you're going to have an Azrael, go for Michael Lane, not Jean-Paul Valley. Even his costume is better: