What's new

Injustice - Alternate costumes will be unlocked via game's "experience system"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With some alternate costumes already being known and even more being shown in game-play in the latest Battle Arena, a twitter fan asked Boon just how these will be unlocked in Injustice. According to Ed Boon, the game will have an "experience system" or "XP system" to determine when you gain the achievements such as alternate costumes and probably much more than this.

Injustice has been said to include even more content than Mortal Kombat 9 so, there's no telling how big of a role this system will play in one month!

supalt.png

xp.jpg

Source: noobde
Credit: EventHubs

Attachments

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Hmm, I see. Probably linked with titles and icons and such too, if I recall the sort of things achievements were for correctly.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
It's not really important to the FGC, but this will def. help add replay value to the game for the more casual audience. Most shooters offer similar XP systems, because it gives players reasons to keep playing. Goal/reward system will definitely help. Sounds good.
I'm glad that, in this case, such systems don't reward you with things that affect gameplay. I'm not at all for progession-based shooters/games of other genres that give players an advantage for having played more.

OG FROST HAZE

Wouldn't have thought of putting this in a fighting game but the more I check out the achievements and get to know the XP system this looks like it will work really well! Good job Netherrealm.

I like the experience system for titles and icons.

Even casual players and those who will play for the DC characters then move on will want alt skins so I'm guessing they made those a little easier... you can probably get enough experience to unlock some of these alts by just playing through the story mode.

OG FROST HAZE

It'll probably be like RPG style where each character you use gets exp for a fight. More exp for higher difficulty maybe? More exp for perfect, super used, time etc.
Sounds great!
Wow if they did isolate a separate XP system for each fighter that would be insane like at level 25 you unlock alternate skins for your character but looking at the achievements I think its an overall ranking system.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-gods-among-us-in-game-achievements-revealed.28302/page-2

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Wow if they did isolate a separate XP system for each fighter that would be insane like at level 25 you unlock alternate skins for your character but looking at the achievements I think its an overall ranking system.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-gods-among-us-in-game-achievements-revealed.28302/page-2
It would give a ton of replay value and incentive to learn multiple characters though :). Whatever they do with it I'm sure itll work just fine (I'm just happy that an achievement like "My Kung Fu is Stronger" isn't in here ;_; lol)

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Fuck man I hate grinding XP, hopefully its like Marvel and you get points for doing training mode so I can just keep it on that all day

Meh, I'm not a fan of something like this, I guess.

I was hoping that on the 19th of April I could play through the entire story mode, earn enough points with that, search on Google for "Injustice Unlockables" and then hit the ... something ... and unlock there all alternate costumes ;-(

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Personally I was hoping to just either unlock everything through story mode or, alternatively, have this be the first fighter to remove the bullshit and just give me everything immediately right from the start so I don't have to devote the free time I do actually have to play this game towards pointless fucking busy work designed solely to put distance between me and actual fun.

Seriously. I would love to get one PvP game that just admits it's a PvP game and doesn't try to have some sort of single player experience to it. I just want to go to the store, pay them an extraordinary amount of money, put the disk in my console and have all the fun nonsense at the ready on minute one. I can't call it a game if I have to literally work for shit.

As long as it doesn't have no Krypt bullshit, it's all good.

First time that stupid scare prank thingy popped up i almost had damn heart attack. Thumbs up for programmers being assholes tho...
That's why everyone should have a Turtlebeach headset. I was in there, and had no clue about that thing, but I heard these footsteps and thought "Uh... something's coming?" then that thing was like "RAWR" and I'm sitting there like "well... that happened."

I hope they do it in the Hall of Justice basement or something, only with Manbat.

They missed off the end of the Tweet.

"EB: We gotta great XP system"

should have read,

"EB: We gotta great XP system we created Injustice on, although we'll be upgrading to Windows 7 soon."

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I hope the XP system is relative to online play and not the story mode like some of you are saying.

Lets be honest, as fun as some missions on the side and the story is, no one would want to grind that shit out alot to get XP. Whereas I think grinding by playing online like in Call Of Duty to get different colors for your guns seems like it's universally a really great idea.

Like someone said above, this will add alot of replayability because it will give people more incentive to play online. The mainstreamness of this game is just so delicious right now. I hope I'm right.

I hope the XP system is relative to online play and not the story mode like some of you are saying.

Lets be honest, as fun as some missions on the side and the story is, no one would want to grind that shit out alot to get XP. Whereas I think grinding by playing online like in Call Of Duty to get different colors for your guns seems like it's universally a really great idea.

Like someone said above, this will add alot of replayability because it will give people more incentive to play online. The mainstreamness of this game is just so delicious right now. I hope I'm right.
It'll probably (should) be both. Colonial Marines has a similar system.

It could (and should) also incorporate the mission mode as another means to gain XP.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong

imo, it should give you xp for just about every mode outside of Story mode, since you can't really control who you're playing there. It'd be nice if grinding it out in local versus had some rewards, just so that eventually even the tournament setups would have access to alts :p Not necessary, but I'm sure there'll be people that appreciate the option when it's available.

Unlocking? In todays games? YES! I miss earning my stuff. Hell I even got a little giddy over unlocking CSZ and Quan in MK9 even though they are pretty much it for unlcokable (fighters wise).

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Reminds me of Soul Calibur and the XP system that unlocked parts, weapons and movesets in the game. I'm down with this. I always liked that setup. Better than the spend coins earned on stuff from MVC2. Of course you largely couldn't even guarantee store items appearing or a regular price for them in that game though.