What's new

Injustice - Alternate costumes will be unlocked via game's "experience system"

Not fighting games though. Seriously they need to add cheats so the lazy gamers who don't want to work for it can just unlock everything (plus it'd help tournys) while guys like me can earn our stuff the fun way.
Ahh, nostalgia.

The Naruto Storm games' full rosters have to be unlocked. It's a fighting game, albeit one broken enough to make many consider it to not be a "true" fighter. It's just 1 game though and nobody pays attention to it anyways lol.

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
I wonder how they'll do this? Like will we unlock everything gradually as we level up, or will we spend earned XP in lieu of koins in the Archives in order to unlock stuff? This is very interesting, can't wait to see how it's implemented.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Not fighting games though. Seriously they need to add cheats so the lazy busy gamers who don't want to work for it can just unlock everything (plus it'd help tournys) while guys like me can earn our stuff the fun way.
Fixed.

And yeah. They should have a day one "UNLOCK EVERYTHING" download in the game's market place. Like BlazBlue had for Mu-12. Only this wouldn't inexplicably cost money.

I wonder how they'll do this? Like will we unlock everything gradually as we level up, or will we spend earned XP in lieu of koins in the Archives in order to unlock stuff? This is very interesting, can't wait to see how it's implemented.
The latter would actually be perfect. That way people with stuff going on would only have to work juuuuuust hard enough. If it's the former, fuck that. With my luck I won't be able to get the one thing I actually want, whatever it may be until the max level.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm not sure if they are still going with it, but in a interview awhile back with a dude who's name I forgot, he said that they were not going to do unlockable characters this time around, only other stuff.

If that holds true, I don't mind having to unlock costumes and weird things.

hellbly

Noob
I hope there are a lot of alternative costumes, and I hope some of them have different properties.
uhm... can't say I'd like that: 'different properties' sounds a lot like the gems in SFxT.
Not a bad thing per se, but prone to become a free to win system.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Maybe I wanted to just pick up a game day 1 and choose Slade's snazzy alternate, why do I have to grind n shit

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Don't a lot of the Capcom remakes (3SO, MvCO, DSR, etc.) have an XP system tied to their Challenges?

If Injustice's XP system is anything similar to Capcom's, there shouldn't really be anything to worry about -- most of the Challenges are completed while playing the game normally.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Sorry to use this game as a comparison

But maybe it will work like COD

Offline and online ranking systems are the same but you can only play it in the game mode you unlocked it

So if you unlock supes costume offline you can use it offline till you unlock it online

Same as TTT2 ranking systems,

hellbly

Noob
Cyblax has different properties and he is definitely not free to win.
sorry, I meant 'pay' to win system: you buy costumes with buffs and beat me because I don't have them, or you win because you play more and unlocked best equipment before me...

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I hate buff/gem systems. It was sort of the same if you played the buff mode in Soul Calibur, whoever had more/better equipment won.

Fighters should be (to me at least) relatively equal. Of course some charcters will always be better than others. I'm really excited by the idea of unlocking costumes though, I hope there's more than 1 extra for each character..

hellbly

Noob
I hate buff/gem systems. It was sort of the same if you played the buff mode in Soul Calibur, whoever had more/better equipment won.

Fighters should be (to me at least) relatively equal. Of course some charcters will always be better than others. I'm really excited by the idea of unlocking costumes though, I hope there's more than 1 extra for each character..
characters tiers are part of this kind of games, it's still equal (as you said) because I could use the same character as you; buff/gem, bought or unlocked, make skills less important. I think.

I'd say, and hope, at least 3 costumes for each character.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
sorry, I meant 'pay' to win system: you buy costumes with buffs and beat me because I don't have them, or you win because you play more and unlocked best equipment before me...
Oh I gotcha. Well what I meant by different properties wasn't improvements or costumes with better properties; I meant exactly like the tradeoffs you have between Cyrax and Cyblax. Anything that adds more depth.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Well Call of Duty has shown us tons of different ways an XP system could work for unlockables like guns, gun colors, and titles. There really is a whole bunch of ways this could work.

Could this be why in the Achievements there are no crazy ones like "win by getting a perfect" or something like that? Are they saving these challenges for the XP system unlockables like Call of Duty's challenges?