What's new

Injustice 2 Patch (TODAY) Notes including Wi-Fi indicators and more

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
@Pig Of The Hut is a fucking savage and the outright backhands of judgement to Wi-Fi users was/is wonderful. It brightened up my day so thank you.

I'm not a competitive player but I'll be damned that I take anorther L because the other user is on wifi. It is what it is. And what it is is match declined.

We have 2 cables running 1 for my Xbox & the other one for my wife's andriod box with open ports and it connects directly to my modem. No. Wifi.

The netcode in inj2 isn't too bad. It's good very good. It's even better now that I can and WILL refuse matches with that wifi icon underneath their gt.

So thanks @Pig Of The Hut for regulating these guys. Wi-Fi is trash. Good for your phone or labtop or shopping in the mall looking at sportsnet & TSN but it ain't good for gaming.

Period.

Now on a side note. They didn't give a single buff to WW or make competitive mode default in player match. I hope that's would be mentioned on Wednesday and coming out in a patch with red hood.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Yo
No one is buying the horse shit your selling. It's a video game, no one Cares enough about another individual to actually do anything to change their gameplay experience.
You just described the reason for NRS implementing this change. It did not only improve my opponent's experience but mine as well. No excuses still holds true. Be gone filthy wifi peon!

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Actually, this is the very reason I went wired back in Injustice 1. @_xFriction asked me to get wired so we could play and I went out and bought a cable. Even offered to pay for it himself. So yes, people do care enough. Playing in lag or having any sort of lag spikes isn't fun for anyone.
As I have qualified many times to me it doesn't matter I'm hard wired. But 1 exception does not make the rule my friend. That's like saying all hardwired connections are perfect with no lag......

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Honestly I don't care if you're on wifi. If the connection is good I'll play you, especially friends of mine. If the connection is bad I'll leave. Then again I don't really play random people through player matches and etc so I probably don't experience a lot of the nonsense you guys run into.

If you're on wifi and really bothered that certain people won't play you, you can just deal with it or get a wired connection. There's really not much to argue about.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Yo

You just described the reason for NRS implementing this change. It did not only improve my opponent's experience but mine as well. No excuses still holds true. Be gone filthy wifi peon!
It actually doesn't improve anything on its own. It's not a fundamental system change just enhances what was already there. People shitty connection still have shitty connections you could make the argument that since you guys are not gonna que with Wi-Fi players that the quality of the game might be higher but good luck finding them. Since like 75%of us house holds that have internet use Wi-Fi.
Cheers wired pheasant

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
If you went to an offline gathering at somebody's house with multiple setups.... would you play the guy that's on the 2006 60" plasma tv or would you play the guys on the Asus monitors?

Cause the guy on the plasma lands all of his combos, no problem. It's not a big deal. Don't make him feel like a peon.
You beat me to the monitor comparison.

But in a situation like that, he plays on the plasma, lands his combos, he's fine playing that way. Assuming you play on monitor, you switch to plasma, all the sudden you can't land any of your combos and everything you do feels inconsistent. No one likes having what they feel like should be in their control, being taken away from them, whether its input buffers, monitor lag, or wifi lag.

That said, I understand your main point about not making them feel like a peon, unfortunately when it comes to online communities, especially in gaming, when something frustrates you or you disagree with someone, you have to put them down. Because ego or something.

Actually, this is the very reason I went wired back in Injustice 1. @_xFriction asked me to get wired so we could play and I went out and bought a cable. Even offered to pay for it himself. So yes, people do care enough. Playing in lag or having any sort of lag spikes isn't fun for anyone.
i mean, id be glad to go install cables for folks. most of 'em just want an excuse to not wire up

Somea2V

Thread Referee
i mean, id be glad to go install cables for folks. most of 'em just want an excuse to not wire up
I'd say it's more like people don't understand the necessity. Let's stop pretending that people don't wire up only because they're lazy or they want "cheap" wins.

Do I know wired is better? Yes. Is it easy for me to do in my current residence with my roommates? No. Will I do it anyway because I may want to compete? Yes, now that I see it's such a taboo topic. For years, I've played fighting games with friends and rarely had any issues, much less any consistent lag spikes. Wi-Fi increases the chance of issues, sure, but it doesn't guarantee. That's how chance works. Do I park next to the cart return space at the grocery store? Sure, there's a better chance for my car to get scratched. But has it happened? No.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Now on a side note. They didn't give a single buff to WW or make competitive mode default in player match. I hope that's would be mentioned on Wednesday and coming out in a patch with red hood.
Why would they do that? Player Match is for gear. If what you want is a first to 2 mode in Ranked, then ask them for that -- you're more likely to get that. Casual players want to use the gear in Player Match.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
To all the wifi users. Stop complaining that NRS is exiling you or looking down on you. A ethernet cable cost five bucks, ya cheap bastards. With that being said, it seems like 85% of people online are wireless, disgusting. Even that bigger youtuber BruskPoet, i was shocked. Still played him tho, he played a scrubby bladam at 500ms ping!

trufenix

bye felicia
And what about those people without financial income? The young or perhaps unemployed? You would suggest they just go out and buy something they, in all honesty, don't need?
They put together the 600+ dollars it took to get this far out of "need", but proper internet connection is asking too much?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Yes, they are ten dollars. And when you have no income... look, this isn't a difficult concept.
Considering that they likely got the console from someone, they can likely ask for 10 dollars. Hell, I'm 16, I have literally no form of income myself, I asked my mum if I could get the wire which was only about £4, and here I am today. Unless a family literally never has money to spare(in which case how do they even have a console and online subscription to begin with), there's absolutely no reason not to be able to buy one.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
They put together the 600+ dollars it took to get this far out of "need", but proper internet connection is asking too much?
As in the two groups I mentioned, the young may have foot no money and received the console and game as a gift. As to the unemployed, buying the game a couple of months ago and a console a couple of years ago doesn't exactly indicate you have spare cash to expend now when it's a hot button topic.

And yes, I understand it's a very niche, "what if" argument. But I'm just trying to offer an outlook here that I don't think you people have considered.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Isn't the tagline for this site something like "Number 1 home for competitive Mortal Kombat/NRS games" with the key word here being competitive? I assume most people here care enough about the game that they want to get better at it and I think that's what Pig is getting at. This isn't about alienating wifi people as much as it is competitive players just trying to get the most value out of online play as possible. After all, practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. Sorry if you don't want to hear it but if you want to be competitive at a fighting game and you practice by playing online then you should be playing on a wired connection. That's pretty much the bottom line and if tournament players don't want to play with wifi connections, can you really blame them? They want the environment to feel as close to offline as possible and that's what a wired connection gets the closest to achieving. And if you think your wifi connection is fine because you barely have issues with it, this kind of reminds me of people who think playing a game at 60 FPS is fine when they haven't tried 250+ FPS. Like yea, wifi is fine if you don't care, but if you are serious about this game, and again I assume most people here are, then you should not be handicapping yourself by playing on wifi. And if you are serious but can't play on wired, then you should be training offline and can't really be offended when top players don't want to play with you. Again, this is meant for serious competitive players. If you don't play seriously and top players don't want to play with you, what are you even complaining about? This literally has zero impact on you
And if that was all this thread was about, then that would be one thing. However, there has been numerous instances rhetoric perpetuating the idea that Wi-Fi users are casuals, lazy, cheap, cheesing victories, etc. There are people who want to get better and play seriously/competitively on Wi-Fi. If this thread were just informing them of the virtues of LAN vs Wi-Fi, that would be fine (like that other thread that laid it out pretty clearly). However, this isn't.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
So what now this is about hurt feelings on the internet? Lol. And like I said, if you really want to be competitive at any fighting game you should be playing on wired. Yea you can get better by playing on wireless, but anyone doing so is handicapping themselves and one of those handicaps in this game is top players potentially choosing not to play with you and you not getting better as a result
Oy vey. Never mind. This is clearly all about hurt feelings and not about the possibility someone has been "handicapping" themselves either intentionally for valid reasons or unintentionally due to ignorance.