What's new

Injustice 2 Patch Notes - July Update

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
  • Black Canary - Canary Cry character power attacks no longer interacts with projectile affecting special moves
Can someone explain this one to me? I didn't think her trait counted as a projectile in the first place, you would take damage when you hit Cold with it while he had his armor up

TKB

Noob
  • Black Canary - Canary Cry character power attacks no longer interacts with projectile affecting special moves
Can someone explain this one to me? I didn't think her trait counted as a projectile in the first place, you would take damage when you hit Cold with it while he had his armor up
For example, as Atrocitus, if I have shield up, level 3 canary cry gets absorbed by my shield. I had a feeling it was going to be changed lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Pretty tame changes which is good. Comboing during throws was lame so i'm glad they removed it, although Fate probably is most effected by the change. The best part is that they fixed the input window though. That is freaking huge.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The hell does this 'does not apply to competitive/tournament play' crap mean? Why are there so many changes gear abilities? Why are they wasting time tweaking casual play instead of competitive? Hopefully this means they're planning on adding some gear ability moves to competitive play (Which I doubt).

Also...Atroc damage normalization after vomit doesn't apply to competitive play, but applies in casual? Lmao.

Does this also mean Captain Cold still randomly gains character trait power from getting transitioned while traiting? In competitive play? Double lmao.

Some of the quality of life stuff is appreciated but meh. Not getting my hopes up that CC's MB Wall move has been fixed.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
So is it going to be better to play with input shortcuts on or off now? Which one won't make me press things I didn't press?

Icefyre

Shadows
  • Red Hood - Hammer Fury (Hard, Hard, Medium while Electric Hammers is active) starts up 1 frame later
What's the deal with this? Just to add an additional frame to the gap when canceling into 4332 from strings?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Nice, I am happy they fixed the insane buffer windows. For somebody with less than great execution it is quite a pain. I can't wait to try it out in a bit.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just to be clear, Darkseid (with Explosive Parademon) and Dr. Fate (with trait in the corner) can still combo after throws. I think these changes only affect what was never intended to work.
Now that I reread it the wording is weird. Do they mean that you could use trait/ankhs when YOU were being thrown? Or are they talking about the throw tech combos?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
input problem just ss bad, even with shortcuts off
record aquaman doing b12scoop and block low,high,low, punish with fates f2

fate cant combo of his throw midscreen with anhs now which is kind of balls

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Now that I reread it the wording is weird. Do they mean that you could use trait/ankhs when YOU were being thrown? Or are they talking about the throw tech combos?
Batman's throw tech combo has been removed. The same is true for Dr. Fate. Atrocitus' throw (with trait in the corner) has been removed. Everything else is still in the game, including Joker's throw tech combos, apparently.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Batman's throw tech combo has been removed. The same is true for Dr. Fate. Atrocitus' throw (with trait in the corner) has been removed. Everything else is still in the game, including Joker's throw tech combos, apparently.
Fate got rekt losing his ankh after trait throw combos

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Nice, I am happy they fixed the insane buffer windows. For somebody with less than great execution it is quite a pain. I can't wait to try it out in a bit.
I'm not sure if they fixed the buffer window as much as they tightened the required precision with regard to directional inputs.

Certain cancels and special moves seem a little strict right now without input shortcuts on, although maybe I have simply become overly reliant on input shortcuts over the years.

Heat Zap immediately after IA backdash with Superman feels like it requires an excessive degree of precision with input shortcuts off now.

That said, I would rather have to deal with being more precise than getting df2's instead of f2's every time I try to capitalize on the hit advantage from my d1.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
So have the input issues been fixed for them most part? Been reading some conflicted answers about it.