What's new

Injustice 2: "New Character Reveal" on February 13th!

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
We already have the list. It was leaked. The only thing we don't know is which are DLC.
John, RF and PG are dlc skin. Mr freeze is definitely a premium skin for Captain Cold and I believe it ll
be unlockable via story mode. Cheetah and Catwoman are probably different characters. They honestly don't have much in common other than being cat themed character. Cheetah has more in common with Flash, Alien and Mileena than Catwoman.

Reactions: GAV

Lokheit

Noob
The one character that I'm not sure is making it from the "leak" is Mr Freeze as a skin swap for Captain Cold.

I'm not too versed on DC lore (Marvel guy), but I liked Mr Freeze a bit when I was a kid and recently I was investigating about him and for what I gathered it would be more realistic to make Batgirl or Supergirl skin swaps of their male counterparts in regards of their movesets than making Mr Freeze a skin swap of Captain Cold as beyond the fact that both use cold related attacks, there are no similarities.

First, the weaponry is very different, Mr Freeze gun is huge and he uses a heavy suit, making him more durable than Cold but also slower, he also is physically stronger than Cold and is actually frozen. Cold on the other hand is a much better shooter, more agile and his weapon despite being smaller, is way more powerful than Freeze's as it's capable of creating auras cold enough to make even the Flash visible by slowing molecules, while Mr Freeze gun just freezes people and his field of expertise is actually medicine, with the whole cryo thing being designed to keep his girl alive and collaterally being quite useful for combat.

Also, for what I've seen, Cold recently got actual ice powers and doesn't even need the gun (I could be wrong here).

That's why I don't think it would be "reasonable" to make them skin swaps. John Stewart lantern, Powergirl or Reverse Flash make a lot of sense because they're basically either alternate versions of the originals or their powerset is the same. Mr Freeze having Captain Cold moveset would feel weird and at the very least would require the animations redesigned (unless they want to make him hold his huge gun like a pistol).

And I also doubt he would be a standalone character, not only because there are many Batman villains already, but because with Captain Cold, DLC Sub-Zero and both Supes having freeze attacks, the ice theme would be too repetitive.

Reactions: GAV

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I was thinking. Do we now know all the base "heroes" for the game? 28 characters, half hero, half villains. if you add Green Arrow and Cyborg ( Which there is no way the game will be without) That only leaves one slot left right?

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
The one character that I'm not sure is making it from the "leak" is Mr Freeze as a skin swap for Captain Cold.

I'm not too versed on DC lore (Marvel guy), but I liked Mr Freeze a bit when I was a kid and recently I was investigating about him and for what I gathered it would be more realistic to make Batgirl or Supergirl skin swaps of their male counterparts in regards of their movesets than making Mr Freeze a skin swap of Captain Cold as beyond the fact that both use cold related attacks, there are no similarities.

First, the weaponry is very different, Mr Freeze gun is huge and he uses a heavy suit, making him more durable than Cold but also slower, he also is physically stronger than Cold and is actually frozen. Cold on the other hand is a much better shooter, more agile and his weapon despite being smaller, is way more powerful than Freeze's as it's capable of creating auras cold enough to make even the Flash visible by slowing molecules, while Mr Freeze gun just freezes people and his field of expertise is actually medicine, with the whole cryo thing being designed to keep his girl alive and collaterally being quite useful for combat.

Also, for what I've seen, Cold recently got actual ice powers and doesn't even need the gun (I could be wrong here).

That's why I don't think it would be "reasonable" to make them skin swaps. John Stewart lantern, Powergirl or Reverse Flash make a lot of sense because they're basically either alternate versions of the originals or their powerset is the same. Mr Freeze having Captain Cold moveset would feel weird and at the very least would require the animations redesigned (unless they want to make him hold his huge gun like a pistol).

And I also doubt he would be a standalone character, not only because there are many Batman villains already, but because with Captain Cold, DLC Sub-Zero and both Supes having freeze attacks, the ice theme would be too repetitive.
Look at Mr. Freeze from Batman: The Animated Series (which is the cornerstone of how we know him today). He had a freeze pistol there. The big freeze gun was popularized in Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin *shudder*
I could easily seem him translating to Captain Cold without much trouble, or at least without any betrayal to the characters via playstyle.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual

Mr freeze has used pistol before and power levels are for story mode, they don't mean anything in vs mode. It's all about visuals of move and frame data. Captain atom and Dr manhattan have similar abilities, though Dr is on higher level.

Think of Captain Cold as Zod in injutice 1 and Me Freeze as MoS skin for Zod.

Honestly, with the avatar to the left I'm sure I don't need to repeat what I've already said what feels like a thousand times by this point.

That said, there hasn't been a character reveal I've been outright disappointed with in and of itself yet, so to quote Margaret Thatcher: "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end"

trufenix

bye felicia
I was thinking. Do we now know all the base "heroes" for the game? 28 characters, half hero, half villains. if you add Green Arrow and Cyborg ( Which there is no way the game will be without) That only leaves one slot left right?
None of the leak lists take into consideration the fact that several of those characters are only costumes so, there's no way to know. You can do the math if you want, you just have to subtract two to heroes for power girl and john stewart, and 1 villain for reverse. If Cold and Cheetah are costumes, that's two more villains.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
None of the leak lists take into consideration the fact that several of those characters are only costumes so, there's no way to know. You can do the math if you want, you just have to subtract two to heroes for power girl and john stewart, and 1 villain for reverse. If Cold and Cheetah are costumes, that's two more villains.
So, one won't be a costume. There's still few surprises left. Its hard to be excited about reveals we already knew.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

I disagree, but good post.

They both have freeze guns. Health, mobility, and appearance are certainly interchangeable through the gear system.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Spa Wn? What is that some special spa for wingnutts?
..........You making fun of Lord Spawn? Huh boi!?! Listen here youngin'...Your character..wack. The Green...wack. Your avatar...wack. His mixups...wack. His block pressure...wack. His wakeups...wack. His DP...wack. His d3...wack. His f113...wack. His swag...wack. His name...wack. His gear...wack. Poison Ivy...wack but better then him. His purpose to the story...wack.

Spawn...HE'S TIGHT AS FUUUCK!!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
..........You making fun of Lord Spawn? Huh boi!?! Listen here youngin'...Your character..wack. The Green...wack. Your avatar...wack. His mixups...wack. His block pressure...wack. His wakeups...wack. His DP...wack. His d3...wack. His f113...wack. His swag...wack. His name...wack. His gear...wack. Poison Ivy...wack but better then him. His purpose to the story...wack.

Spawn...HE'S TIGHT AS FUUUCK!!
SPAWN HAS LITERALLY 0 RELEVANCE IN THE STORY, BISH. Secondly, I like Spawn but you're trying to tell me that Edge Lord Incarnate is cooler than Swamp Thing? Gtfo m8! THE GREEN HAS NO ROOM FOR SUCH WEAKNESS.