What's new

Injustice 2 E3 Complete Breakdown By Pig of The Hut

thesacrifist

Too old for this
NRS should hire Pig to do their marketing. I'm hype as fuck now.

Edit: Marketing to this type of crowd that is; guys like me who are nowhere near pro-players but like to follow the scene and can hold my own against button mashers, as well as actual pro-players. Tyler and Derek do a brilliant job for the great masses

SinkFla

Noob
Awesome job, Pig! Thanks so much for being so passionate about the game and giving us all the important details. This was more entertaining and informative than pretty much every other video about Injustice 2 out there. I know you mentioned that gear changes stats but I heard Boon in another interview mentioning unlockable specials as you level up. Did you notice any gear drops that seemed to have augmented properties on special moves or the addition of new specials altogether? Thank you again and great job on the video.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I know it's way waaay waaaaay to early to even begin to ask this question, but I still kinda want to.

How did the overall blockstun, hitstun, and recovery on moves feel?

I have always felt that stuff was cranked up way to high on a lot of moves in past games.
From what I played it was silo molar to Inj 1 maybe a a little more smooth

But better than MKX by a good shot

GGA Max

Regarding changes, I think superman's scoop now requires meter to combo...

Interesting. I wonder how these will impact the characters' strength.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
It's all timing really. That's nowhere near a just frame link btw, you have plenty of time to confirm that. I don't even play batman but if you want I can upload a video of me getting it consistently. 5minutes in training mode and sussing out the timing is all it takes.

@Pig Of The Hut
The set looks good, but so did the other one. For me it doesn't matter too much anyways because I tend to listen to your longer videos as more of a podcast in the background.

Some follow up questions (if it's ok with you)
- how was general safety? Things still relatively safe?
- can you special cancel d2s? (I'm assuming yes)
- in the video you mentioned pressing up and mb to air tech but then somewhere else mentioned you can tech in different directions. How does this work? Does it make the punish different or will simply reading a tech and dropping your combo allow you to punish any option regardless of which direction they take?
I'm sure Pig will explain better but I give my take on the first 1 and answer the 2nd can't answer the third

It's very early so frame data will change but things feel more punishable such as special move launchers and shit

And yes you can cancel D2 from the build I played

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
its ok , or maybe its actually really my fault im just bad even though i play mkx and injustice almost everyday since a year and half but something is preventing me to be consistent with the combos.

same goes for everyone i know
Are you playing on a tv or a monitor? This would make a huge difference

JDM

Noob
its ok , or maybe its actually really my fault im just bad even though i play mkx and injustice almost everyday since a year and half but something is preventing me to be consistent with the combos.

same goes for everyone i know
Practice lol. NRS games are not hard execution wise. I'd say overall Injustice combos are harder than MKX mainly cause there's a lot of setups and stuff you can do, or very tight optimal combos unlike in MKX, but compared to other tough games they are relatively easy. Practice makes perfect.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Awesome job, Pig! Thanks so much for being so passionate about the game and giving us all the important details. This was more entertaining and informative than pretty much every other video about Injustice 2 out there. I know you mentioned that gear changes stats but I heard Boon in another interview mentioning unlockable specials as you level up. Did you notice any gear drops that seemed to have augmented properties on special moves or the addition of new specials altogether? Thank you again and great job on the video.
Hey thanks for your post and compliments

After every match I noticed gear drops and each had specific stats but no "new moves"

Most were helmets and foot pieces

portent

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut first thing is first, outstanding video!

"Shut Up Tom" Loved it.

Lastly, and I'm just nitpicking here, the word archetype is pronounced ark-eh-type. Outstanding work! Keep it up!

Pig Of The Hut

If they air burst in a combo, can I just lift them and get another combo?
Eh depends they can air tech any direction so against GL depends on if you're in "I'm hitting you" animation or if you did a b3 and I tech out max distance away from u

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Eh depends they can air tech any direction so against GL depends on if you're in "I'm hitting you" animation or if you did a b3 and I tech out max distance away from u
Does this mean that you have to read not only when/if they'll tech, but also the direction they're going to tech in order to get a punish? Ot if I drop my combo early on a read should I pretty much always be able to bait the tech and punish regardless of direction?

Again, I understand it's early build, just curious how it currently is.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't have a question because this isn't the first video game I've ever watched being made, I just wanted to say shoutouts to @Pig Of The Hut for not only reporting back but doing it mad organized and thorough

Pig Of The Hut

Does this mean that you have to read not only when/if they'll tech, but also the direction they're going to tech in order to get a punish? Ot if I drop my combo early on a read should I pretty much always be able to bait the tech and punish regardless of direction?

Again, I understand it's early build, just curious how it currently is.
Yes currently

The man w a lifelead and 4 bars of meter is a POWERFUL MAN