What's new

Injustice 2 E3 Complete Breakdown By Pig of The Hut

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
So let's say I did a back 3 and they burst at the max distance backwards but read it and mb dashed in would I be able to punish them?

portent

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut I'm a bit concerned now about how meter dependent this game is. It may not be a bad thing, but I'm getting horrible flashbacks of MKDC days where a round 1 win equated to meter building in round 2 so your opponent goes into round 3 with no meter.

Do you think this is a possibility with IJ2? Is it possible that the winner of the 1st lifebar can sit back and build meter while his opponent struggles to get even on life and blows his meter in the process?

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
F2 is a high RIP. :(
OTG Divebombs tho!
And the color schemes are dope! Plz let me have a Red and Black Superman scheme so I can make a Red Lantern Superman!

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Thanks for the video Pig!

I'm still undecided about getting this game (I'm not too interested on the DC universe, just like a couple of characters) but the meter burn dash and air tech sound like really interesting mechanics that could lead to wonderful stuff.

Any combo list should be divided in fully grounded combos, meterless air combos (no resources lost) and meter air combos. The amount of damage a character can inflict before sending the opponent into the air (while keeping the damage scaling at a reasonable point) will be really important too.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Thanks for the video Pig!

I'm still undecided about getting this game (I'm not too interested on the DC universe, just like a couple of characters) but the meter burn dash and air tech sound like really interesting mechanics that could lead to wonderful stuff.

Any combo list should be divided in fully grounded combos, meterless air combos (no resources lost) and meter air combos. The amount of damage a character can inflict before sending the opponent into the air (while keeping the damage scaling at a reasonable point) will be really important too.
If this helps, a lot of people weren't interested in the DCU when IGAU came out, but they found a character they enjoyed playing and explored their lore. For example, Slips became a DeathStroke fan after playing him later in the game's life.

Lokheit

Noob
If this helps, a lot of people weren't interested in the DCU when IGAU came out, but they found a character they enjoyed playing and explored their lore. For example, Slips became a DeathStroke fan after playing him later in the game's life.
I know the lore more or less and I've read some stories, but I've always been more of a Marvel guy because I always felt that DC characters had the "Superman Syndrome": if Superman is so powerful, his teamates should be very powerful too or they would be outshined by him all the time and there wouldn't be a reason to team up if Supes does all the job. The problem with very powerful guys is that interesting stories IMO need the protagonist to have weaknesses (real ones, not green rocks that apparently you can buy anywhere).

The exception for me (and most characters I like belong in this group) is the gallery of Batman villains and allies (though Batman and his "can beat anyone with his awesome plans" is starting to slip out of his own group), and stories where powerful characters lose their powers.

2 characters that could sell me the game would be Poison Ivy and Ra's Al Ghul that apparently could be the narrator during the trailer (screaming Ra's name have become an inner joke with some friends because of the Arrow version of the character). Of course DLC Sub-Zero (one of the best options for gear with cryo masks and armors) would help too.

Sorry for derailing the discussion a bit with this and it's not my intention to make people counter point why DC characters are cool or not, that's just my personal opinion and everyone's opinion is perfectly valid.

Anyway, the mechanics in this game as I said look really really interesting and you will need to plan a lot of stuff with resource management and gambles. Having at least 1 bar available all the time will be a neccesity to play mind games and the mechanics alone could be a selling point for me.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I have a feeling that Pig will end up with more backpocket characters than ever in this title. Grodd is a good fit for now, but we still haven't seen a pure blooded zoner yet. Things are gonna be interesting reaaaaaaaaal soon once we get more builds.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have a feeling that Pig will end up with more backpocket characters than ever in this title. Grodd is a good fit for now, but we still haven't seen a pure blooded zoner yet. Things are gonna be interesting reaaaaaaaaal soon once we get more builds.
I HAVE ZERO question about who i am maining in injustice 2 and any fighting game going forward I play for the rest of my life

1. top tier
2. dlc
3. Buffed Tier (after first patch)

I am NOT joking. Never again will I ever be loyal to a favorite character. If ZOD is in the game and he isnt top 1-10 on release or if he drops as DLC im 100% out from him.

I encourage all to do the same. Don't waste your time with your dreams, follow the tiers.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I HAVE ZERO question about who i am maining in injustice 2 and any fighting game going forward I play for the rest of my life

1. top tier
2. dlc
3. Buffed Tier (after first patch)

I am NOT joking. Never again will I ever be loyal to a favorite character. If ZOD is in the game and he isnt top 1-10 on release or if he drops as DLC im 100% out from him.

I encourage all to do the same. Don't waste your time with your dreams, follow the tiers.
Yeah, we all saw my love of Green Arrow prelaunch. Had to drop that guy in the Superman meta. Went to Hawkgirl and kept working on Bane, till he became a full on main for me. We warned em not to keep buffing with what we were finding lol.

If batgirl is back I can see some serious salt returning. That character never stopped being good. So many patches for her unintended stuff.

My only question is if you'll be making any more character suicide notes if someone gets nerfed like with Sinestro. That shit was hilarious :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@TopTierHarley can you explain what you mean by anime air techs and why it works? This air tech thing is probably the only new mechanic that worries me.

For example, if I'm going for my typical 37% BnB, what's to stop you from just air teching for 1 bar early in the combo? What's to stop me from doing the same when you hit me? How can you possibly predict or bait an air tech when I can do it at any point in the air, and even at far points that you can't hit at all? Then anyone with a couple of bars or a non meter dependent character would just air tech 9/10 times?

Asking because I don't wanna rush to any judgment, but I'm not understanding how this won't dominate once people learn when/how to use it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So in anime fighting games, there are combos that are burst, a combo breaker essentially, safe in which the risk reward is in favor of the attacker. There are also burst bait combos that ends abruptly making the opponent burst thinking they can escape but leaves them full combo punishable cause of the recovery.
@TopTierHarley can you explain what you mean by anime air techs and why it works? This air tech thing is probably the only new mechanic that worries me.

For example, if I'm going for my typical 37% BnB, what's to stop you from just air teching for 1 bar early in the combo? What's to stop me from doing the same when you hit me? How can you possibly predict or bait an air tech when I can do it at any point in the air, and even at far points that you can't hit at all? Then anyone with a couple of bars or a non meter dependent character would just air tech 9/10 times?

Asking because I don't wanna rush to any judgment, but I'm not understanding how this won't dominate once people learn when/how to use it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Some anime games have actual air teching independent of bursting as well though.
Some even work similar to the way injustice works and lets you chose the direction you tech.

I think one worry might be that it might be a lot harder to bait this in Injustice then a anime game because Injustice has such long startup and recovery on moves, making it a lot easier to read what your opponent is doing/going to do.

But honestly, it's so early you would need a lot of testing to really see where it ends up.