What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Bojutsu In Case You Were Wondering Who Beats Bojutsu Kung Jin...

Eijiken

Noob
How does bojitsu KJ fight grandmaster SZ? Genuinely curious.
Learn to d+b4, respect slides and don't let SZ corner you. Oh, and stay calm, SZ lives off of frustration. Its one of the only MU that I've found spacing with arrows works hilariously well, stay out of SZ's f2 range but close enough to tag a f2 or swing, and jump ins are the worst thing you could do.

After that I don't know, I have no idea, I literally eat a bag of d*** against a good SZ

Kotal Khan gets zoned? With some of the fastest walk speed in the game? With his far reaching down 3 and 4. With his footsies for dummies F1? His "probably" farthest reaching in the game jump punches? Unblockable and Unblockable feint to mess up your opponents timing? A sun pillar that either forces his opponent to move out of the way of or lets Kotal turtle inside of and gain health? A blocked thrown macuixochtl ex (or even regular if your ballsy) is a free get in everytime. I don't know if ANYONE gets hardcore zoned out in this game, but I'm know for damn sure Kotal isn't one of them, and it's not by Kung Jin that's for sure.

Kung can blow up a ton of strings that end in the macuixochtl low overhead because of the gaps, with ex db1 but Kotal Can also blow up alot of the KJ 11 221 pressure with his armored stuff as well, for 30-40% in a lot of situations. Kotal as soley a punish character is a bill not the other way around. His pressure is magnificent as well. His buttons are excellent. His ability to go high low low high in this variation and armor through things is big time. Nevermind that skies aren't free or friendly against kotal. F2 catches jump backs, jump forwards, neutral jumps. Aforementioned killer jump punch range, a decent NJP himself and great down 2. Kotal's able to low profile KJ's instant NJP with down 3 and 4 for free punishes on landing (which I think a ton of the cast can)

All that being said I still think the match is even or probably even slightly in KJ's favor cuz KJ, but the idea that War God Kotal is some lame duck bill character not worth his salt is absolute horse shit. I've played the match up, I know what that character has and doesn't have (and it's not much) Maybe y'all need to re-learn and/or re-evaluate
Ask @KDZ or Coach Steve or @DarthArma if that character gets zoned, or loses to safe pressure and is mainly punish oriented.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Is there footage of this? I thought he used Kung Jin.
I meant reo's Kung Jin, my b pnut. Not footage you want to see unless you really like to see jax's pokes get armored through for 40%, but you don't want that. I don't want that, not again. Nobody wants that

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Martians overhead was not +4 on block and couldn't cancel into either an overhead or low knockdown. So even if you can react, you don't get rewarded.
Umm no.. You fuzzy guard the b1 or f2. And the ender is not fuzzyable but the low launcher is unsafe and the ivehead does not launch and you have to use meter so it's not really a problem

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Scorpion can handle Kung jin in any variation. Even turok Kung jin doesn't win.

Seriously though it's kinda even.

Specifically with hellfire scorpion. He has a very strong air to air game and has the option of activating flame aura to pull KJ out of the air. He has insane block pressure that can deal around 16% chip while leaving him +, builds insane meter and leads to 50/50. On top of that flame aura eats armor so you can actually stuff his wake ups a lot of the time.

Ninjitsu can punish the shit out of any of his whiffs, especially nj2. It blows up his wake ups makes throws free.

All variations have teleport obviously which is another great tool which can't be stuffed on wake up by f3. As well as a sick air to air game.

I don't have much knowledge on jax but reptile? I don't know about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
so how the fuck you fuzzy guarding if he delays his low for a few frames for example?
Fuzzy guard is possible, but reacting to the overhead is easier...offline is totally doable really.
The friend of mine I always play with is able to block the 50-50 90% of the time

Fuzzy guard is possible, but reacting to the overhead is easier...offline is totally doable really.
The friend of mine I always play with is able to block the 50-50 90% of the time
its just that i can't understand it. so you try blocking low and then standing up, but what if Kung Jin delays his low, and it hits you when you stand?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
its just that i can't understand it. so you try blocking low and then standing up, but what if Kung Jin delays his low, and it hits you when you stand?
Obviously fuzzy guard only works if Kung Jin attacks with a standard timing.
Kung Jin should not usually delay the low btw....if he does that it also means that you had the time to do something and could interrupt him. It becomes mind game.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

This is viable and makes fuzzy guard a lot harder. Getting him to stop and delay his mixup though can open up other options.

Scoot Magee

People bitch about Kung Jin doing so much damage but Scorpion does about 32 - 35% into about 16% chip that leaves him at advantage at the cost of 1 bar but he builds a bar while chipping. Kung jins combo's end in a knockdown while Scorpion leaves you standing and can go for a safe 50/50. One option leads to knockdown and the other is a full combo.

People are seeing so much kung jin early in the game because he's easy to grasp but other characters have some really scary shit as well. Give it time.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd like to note that in this thread someone said Kotal Kahn has footsies for dummies

kinda salty about that

Eijiken

Noob
People bitch about Kung Jin doing so much damage but Scorpion does about 32 - 35% into about 16% chip that leaves him at advantage at the cost of 1 bar but he builds a bar while chipping. Kung jins combo's end in a knockdown while Scorpion leaves you standing and can go for a safe 50/50. One option leads to knockdown and the other is a full combo.

People are seeing so much kung jin early in the game because he's easy to grasp but other characters have some really scary shit as well. Give it time.
Well people bitch because KJ will do 32-36% from a good read with NO bar. Where scorp leaves you standing for a 50/50, KJ knocks down for pressure/Meaty setups. Considering that so much of his shit is hit confirmable...

One of those is free willy

I will say that Hellfire scorp is damn good against KJ because of all the tools at his disposal to keep KJ out.

Scoot Magee

Well people bitch because KJ will do 32-36% from a good read with NO bar. Where scorp leaves you standing for a 50/50, KJ knocks down for pressure/Meaty setups. Considering that so much of his shit is hit confirmable...

One of those is free willy

I will say that Hellfire scorp is damn good against KJ because of all the tools at his disposal to keep KJ out.
I would argue that doing about 35% into about 10 to 16% chip into a standing reset is better than raw damage into knockdown pressure.

Kung jins f3 does not beat all wake ups and delayed wake up is a very viable option to punish f3. It's not like you can just throw that out for free.