What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Bojutsu In Case You Were Wondering Who Beats Bojutsu Kung Jin...

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Disclaimer: I have not played the best player of each character, yet. I will admit that. That being said, it is obvious to see what kills Bojustu Kung Jin. I believe it's pretty simple to understand who he has a problem with. Rest of the match-ups are near even or he wins, probably.

You can't outzone Kung Jin, he gets in.
You can't outfootsie Kung Jin, he has the range and mix-ups.
You can't outjump him, his nj2 is 2nd best in game.

So how do you beat him?

You have to maintain pressure, be able to close gaps, and have better zoning tools. There are only 2 characters that have these tools:
Jax and Reptile.

I am confident that Jax and Reptile, both, beat Kung Jin.

Jax's Superman Punch and Reptile's Slide punish Kung Jin jump badly.
Their constant in-your-face pressure is hard for Kung Jin to deal with...I know what you're saying "mb wake-up tho or block"...have you tried blocking a good Jax's corner pressure or a good Reptile's ball setups? lol good luck.
They both have better zoning options than Kung Jin, as Jax's mb pink shit hits low and Reptile's balls' speed can be controlled.

All Kung Jin can do is try to punish (hard cuz Jax is safe on a lot of his shit apparently) and then rely on 11 pressure.

Another reason why Reptile and Jax are so good vs Kung Jin is in order for a Kung Jin to control the match, he has to dictate the pace and the spacing...which is easy for him to do. Rep and Jax, both, have start-up strings that advance really really well, literally taking away Kung Jin's control over spacing. Not to mention their fast moving slide and superman punch can punish Kung Jin for trying to maintain the spacing.

Obviously, it's not going to be a free win for Reptile and Jax players, I'm just saying there is a good chance that Kung Jin loses to these characters. Reptile variation doesn't matter, Jax has better chance with Wrestler.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I honestly think Ninjutsu Scorpion and A-List Johnny Cage and Spec-Ops Cassie can fight it even, but i won't talk out of the ass, next days i will grind this MU more, i know i've been a bit salty about the range control, but i think i've found my Mc Hammer Sanctuary with these characters.

IaNJP can be easily punished by these 3 characters, all his specials can too, though there is some advantages and disadvantages in each one.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I wanna try my hand against a good kung jin one day, i wanna know exactly how the Mileena vs Kung Jin match works.

Also, doesn't spec ops cass give him a hard time?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This Ninjutsu Scorpion shit needs to stop. Went from being kinda overlooked and maybe a bit underrated to massively overrated.
The Ninjutsu Scorpion is what i think, you're free to have your opinion, i have mine based on what i've been grinding and what weakness of mine i think that variation cover, i'm not saying you should take ninjutsu scorpion to fight Kung Jin

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
I honestly think Ninjutsu Scorpion and A-List Johnny Cage and Spec-Ops Cassie can fight it even, but i won't talk out of the ass, next days i will grind this MU more, i know i've been a bit salty about the range control, but i think i've found my Mc Hammer Sanctuary with these characters.

IaNJP can be easily punished by these 3 characters, all his specials can too, though there is some advantages and disadvantages in each one.
As a day one A-list main who literally (actually using this word correctly) changed to Jax this morning.....Johnny vs KJ is F**king terrible. JC pokes? Eat a dive kick combo, JC uses a special? KJ blocks or crouches and blows you up for 40%. JC gets his nutshot off? Bait the wake up and TRY to poke and continue pressure/eat armoured wake up for 40%. JC uses his "amazing" cancelable pressure? KJ just crouch blocks and blows you the f*ck up, while you try all the while to maintain pressure and annoy him with enough D4 that the F2 connects.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As a day one A-list main who literally (actually using this word correctly) changed to Jax this morning.....Johnny vs KJ is F**king terrible. JC pokes? Eat a dive kick combo, JC uses a special? KJ blocks or crouches and blows you up for 40%. JC gets his nutshot off? Bait the wake up and TRY to poke and continue pressure/eat armoured wake up for 40%. JC uses his "amazing" cancelable pressure? KJ just crouch blocks and blows you the f*ck up, while you try all the while to maintain pressure and annoy him with enough D4 that the F2 connects.
That is not how you spot strenghts in matchups.

Anyway i will grind on my own and work fundamentals from there.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This Ninjutsu Scorpion shit needs to stop. Went from being kinda overlooked and maybe a bit underrated to massively overrated.
Who's pumping up ninjitsu? I'm legit curious, it has its uses in certain match ups but I havne t seen any scorp mains praise it over his other two.

Jin still out ranges scorp in bojutsu as well.

I personally prefer hellfire or inferno for kung jin.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I'll also give a nod to Inferno Scorpion, I think he does a good job at counter poking, with a mixture of awkward zoning, to Jin's long reaching safe normals.

EOTL

Spec Ops Cassie Cage and Summoner Quan Chi are both great choices against Kung Jin.

Buzz Lao is also massively underrated atm and definitely a top tier threat. Watch foxy and understand how great Lao still is

kupo360

Noob
I believe Quan Chi can keep him out fairly easily. From full screen he can force him to jump with frequent fireballs and runes and once he is in the air it's easy to either (a) mind control from full screen or (b) ex-teleport on reaction to beat the njp or divekick from mid-screen.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I dont think there's anyone that really beats him as such. I think Dragon Fire Liu Kang falls into this category too though. Legit the only character to give me issues but still too early to tell IMO.

Spec Ops Cassie Cage and Summoner Quan Chi are both great choices against Kung Jin.

Buzz Lao is also massively underrated atm and definitely a top tier threat. Watch foxy and understand how great Lao still is
I play f0xy all the time, Kung Lao is only a problem for Kung Jin at this point if the opponent is a better player than you.

Admittedly, I have been having a lot of success with Reptile against Kung Jin. Given though, I've only really played online randoms in ranked and player match so someone with actual skill would probably destroy me.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

i died inside