What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Bojutsu In Case You Were Wondering Who Beats Bojutsu Kung Jin...

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
At first I was on the "wtf Bojutsu is stupid" train, but as the game progresses and I see high level Raiden play or high level Scoprion play (a few other characters too), suddenly Bojutsu looks a little more grounded (I said a little). That specific variation is still more than likely top tier, but it looks pretty in line with other things that are perceived to be top tier now that the game is maturing more.

I guess we'll have to wait until the Major's start picking up in the next few months, but right now I can easily see top Raiden/Scoprion/Erron Black/Sub Zero (etc.) players making those characters look just as dominant.

Last edited:

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
"I don't know anything about tier lists, anything about match up numbers. All I know is what I can do, and that's body this mother fucker."

- Mile Tyson on facing Kung Jin.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
You need to get an xb1 man, there's a lot of good players. We miss you <3

I think I vaguely remember that haha. Sub does decently well against KJ but the more I play the matchup the less worried I am about him.
i think im about to get an XB1 if another ps4 controller breaks, ive never had anything against Xbox, i have owned every
PS console and that kinda makes you stick with them.

i did have the honor of playing on xbox 360 and the controllers felt huge to me, but where sturdy as fuck. im on tilt here...

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'd like to note that in this thread someone said Kotal Kahn has footsies for dummies

kinda salty about that
I get heated when I see Goro labeled as ass or really slow when people need to bolster their arguments for why the game is imbalanced

they don't know shit

omooba

fear the moobs
Disclaimer: I have not played the best player of each character, yet. I will admit that. That being said, it is obvious to see what kills Bojustu Kung Jin. I believe it's pretty simple to understand who he has a problem with. Rest of the match-ups are near even or he wins, probably.

You can't outzone Kung Jin, he gets in.
You can't outfootsie Kung Jin, he has the range and mix-ups.
You can't outjump him, his nj2 is 2nd best in game.

So how do you beat him?

You have to maintain pressure, be able to close gaps, and have better zoning tools. There are only 2 characters that have these tools:
Jax and Reptile.

I am confident that Jax and Reptile, both, beat Kung Jin.

Jax's Superman Punch and Reptile's Slide punish Kung Jin jump badly.
Their constant in-your-face pressure is hard for Kung Jin to deal with...I know what you're saying "mb wake-up tho or block"...have you tried blocking a good Jax's corner pressure or a good Reptile's ball setups? lol good luck.
They both have better zoning options than Kung Jin, as Jax's mb pink shit hits low and Reptile's balls' speed can be controlled.

All Kung Jin can do is try to punish (hard cuz Jax is safe on a lot of his shit apparently) and then rely on 11 pressure.

Another reason why Reptile and Jax are so good vs Kung Jin is in order for a Kung Jin to control the match, he has to dictate the pace and the spacing...which is easy for him to do. Rep and Jax, both, have start-up strings that advance really really well, literally taking away Kung Jin's control over spacing. Not to mention their fast moving slide and superman punch can punish Kung Jin for trying to maintain the spacing.

Obviously, it's not going to be a free win for Reptile and Jax players, I'm just saying there is a good chance that Kung Jin loses to these characters. Reptile variation doesn't matter, Jax has better chance with Wrestler.
for jax just armor. kung jin has a multi hitting armored move. lets not forget he can stuff both jax and reptile's wake up options. it's more of a 5/5. their pressure doesn't make it a bad match up, kung jin just has to deal wwith it the way most characters deal with it

I can see why people are salty about KJ, but it seems like more of a scrub issue. There are a lot of really strong characters in the game on a pro level, but KJ seems the easiest to get wins with while being a scrubby player... I think NJP is the easiest thing to land in fighting game history lol.... Also, idk how to quote, but as far as Xbox 360 controllers being "sturdy" ... Omg no! that is 90% of why I went ps4 (the other 10% being sf5 over KI)

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I'm pretty much convinced that Outlaw Erron loses on every level against Bojutsu Kung Jin. Mixups, range, NJP, zoning.

Looking for anything that I can do in this matchup.