What's new

In case you missed this...CLASH SYSTEM CHANGES

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
New Info?

THE CLASH SYSTEM

1. after your first life bar is gone you can clash, which can break almost any combo (sans supers some meter burned specials ect). then during the clash you can use your meter to do damage if you were clashed or to regain regain health if you started it

2. you can only clash once you still can spend meter in to deal/heal damage

DOUBLE KO

1. double ko is awesome you get back up both on danger

2. there is no double ko maxter you get back up with 10% health when it happens then 5% then 1% or something like that

Other notes:
  • there are no EX moves, most specials you can burn meter to modify them - something like promoves in MKDC but way more general, more useful and cost meter
  • it's a 6 button game, you hit the motion and then the meter button - like Batman's BF2 to toss batarang, then you hit the meter button after it's to blow it up for a bar
  • controls are light, medium, hard, character, background and meter
  • there are macros that also cost meter like 1+2+3
  • There are some very exciting in-game options that haven't been announced yet
Meter can also be spent to rapid cancel attacks and strings, allowing you to keep yourself safe in the middle of your pressure and opening up new combo opportunities.

Apparently revealed during a stream. Didn't want it buried in General Discussion and word needs to spread on this to other forums. It sounds good and usable now. Credit goes to DeathAndHealing for bringing it up.

Don't front page it, it's unofficial, and Pako can get in trouble. I think he was just doing it to be nice, because we got jack shit from the Lex Luthor trailer, and he was wondering why is everyone angry about the trailer.

He even said he says some shady shit sometimes that's why he doesn't want any statements linked to him or says much.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Its a bit better, but It still needs to be speed up some.

I do like that you only get one, and only after you lose a round, I hope they consider that for how breakers work in MK10.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Before clashes were rampant and could be done multiple times per match. They were damned interruptive. No mention of the cinematic and if it has been shortened or anything but a one chance gamble to recover life and break a single combo is a BIG change from rampant interruptions and breakers that seperated the players for 2 bars or so. This means you got one gamble only and you will try to hold off on using it till you have good meter to maximize health recovery because if you pop it at a meter disadvantage the opponent can just toss a cheap shot at you and nerf your health gain.

Like before dudes who rely on EX meter as the backbone of their offensive starter will take the biggest gambles as they will either blow their offensive options on the sucker punch or blow it all for health. Guys like that will really be the ones I see sometimes choosing to break a combo and not spend a lot of meter for healing afterwards. That or guys with TOD ex combos who would rather keep that on deck.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Yeah, I can imagine that a player with like half health with full meter, could bait a 40-50% combo and recover all of his health with Clash.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Glad clash is getting nerfed. Man I hate comeback mechanics especially random ones.
Come back mechanics are the new "thing" for all fighting games in my eyes. I hated the street fighter IV system and now I see more and more fighting games adding it. I guess its good for some people who are casual players but Honestly i hate it. Don't want to knock this game till i try it but i deff. am not feeling this part much.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I didn't know Clashes could be used a infinite amount of times before. Never heard that confirmed. Are we just assuming?

What is the difference between a (1) meter clash, (2) meter clash and (3) meter clash?

What happens if you wager 3 meters and your opponent wagers 1? Is it different than if you wagered 3 meters and the opponent wagered 2 meters?

Do both players lose the meters that they've wagered in the Clash scenario?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i wonder is it you can only clash at the moment of the 1st health bar going or can u clash halfway through your 2nd bar instead??
even what the input for clash even is

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
What is the difference between a (1) meter clash, (2) meter clash and (3) meter clash?

What happens if you wager 3 meters and your opponent wagers 1? Is it different than if you wagered 3 meters and the opponent wagered 2 meters?

Do both players lose the meters that they've wagered in the Clash scenario?
Person who uses the clashes uses two bars just like a combo breaker, this is not counted for the wager.
Then people can start the wager, the person who started it can only ever wager 2 bars, but the other person can wager 3.

Depending on the amount of bars you win by, you either do more damage, or heal more heath.

If person a bets 3 bars, and person b bets 1 bar, person A wins and does an extra 20 percent damage on top of the combo.

At least, that's how it was way back when, at least I think that's how it was. Something like that anyway.

I didn't know Clashes could be used a infinite amount of times before. Never heard that confirmed. Are we just assuming?
it seems to me if you watch the videos of that small tournament they had way back with like 6 characters in the game there was A LOT of them in the matches, the one where the finals were both flashes

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
it seems to me if you watch the videos of that small tournament they had way back with like 6 characters in the game there was A LOT of them in the matches, the one where the finals were both flashes
what tournament? I must of missed out on something.

they had a tournmant at some gameshow in like Germany or something? with an early build of the game, i dont know how many ppl were in it but it came down to two flashes, its kind of crappy quality

that's not oldskool. That's being reasonable. Oldskool is saying "i hate dashes," but really what do random comeback mechanics add to games? they take away a lot of the skill necessary and cater to people that arent going to take the game seriously.
I stopped playing SF4 because of that bs.

You get a separate meter gauge for an Ultra that you will always have. It makes MU harder in some cases. The casuals still get beat regardless lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
they had a tournmant at some gameshow in like Germany or something? with an early build of the game, i dont know how many ppl were in it but it came down to two flashes, its kind of crappy quality
I found it. The game looked a little stiff lol. I'm sure a lot has changed.