What's new

In case you missed this...CLASH SYSTEM CHANGES

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yooooooooooooo...if meter can be spent to cancel things to stay safe on strings and to cancel moves so that they can combo into other stuff I am STOKED! Sounds a lot like HD gauge drive cancels in KOF and THAT is a good thing. Actually the DOUBLE KO is identical to KOF13. Not many people have ever seen one happen, but when they happen it is the hypest shit you have ever witnessed. Double KO and then BOOM! suddenly yhou got a sliver of life and its time to man up. It. Is. AWESOME.

Can't wait to hear more about rapid cancels. I abuse them in Chou Climax Heroes though because they let you do them for stupid cheap meter given the meter gain in that game. KOF did them right. If they get the meter cost vs reward balanced right on this it will be HUGE and addictive for players jumping in on it. Turns everyone into a sandbox like Dante in UMVC3.

Also props to Storms for adding to my OP while I was at work. We needed this thread and you adding all that makes it perfect for mechanics talk. Game is looking GOOD on mechanics right now.

shaowebb

Added the rapid cancels Cheatcc quote to the OP too since so many of us had missed that. BTW I am gonna rapid cancel the shit out of Green Arrow's bow spin. Im wondering just how BS I can make his arrows with this. Likely not very, but it'd be really fun to slip a canceled extra shot in at another angle sometime to make Grundy cry.

trufenix

bye felicia
we've already seen enough meter burn examples to get the concept, though now that they've explained the cancels its way easier to tell whats a Meter Burn move and whats a Meter Cancel in the trailer. Rewatching this one now gets me really hard.

I just hope they make some better effects to distinguish the different meter uses. That generic pro-move sound happens for like all 4 major meter uses, and the only difference appears to be wether a green or white orb pops off the character. That and unless this game has like, Vanilla MvC3 meter gain we are never ever going to see a super in real play.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I remember paulo tweeting about rapid cancels before, there not a universal system, but instead there the meter burn function on certain moves.

I remember paulo tweeting about rapid cancels before, there not a universal system, but instead there the meter burn function on certain moves.
Meter burn and rapid cancels are two entirely different things. I remember seeing the move list screen and at the bottom of the list there were two types of cancels listed: one of them was called push away cancel and the other I believe was launch cancel. I'm looking around to see if I can find it, but it wasn't from one the character move list screen shots posted. I believe it was a video featuring the flash.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Meter burn and rapid cancels are two entirely different things. I remember seeing the move list screen and at the bottom of the list there were two types of cancels listed: one of them was called push away cancel and the other I believe was launch cancel. I'm looking around to see if I can find it, but it wasn't from one the character move list screen shots posted. I believe it was a video featuring the flash.
Those are different things. Combo cancel thing, where you can cancel any string at the cost of 2 bars into a wall bounce or ground bounce, they are universal.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Rapid cancel and combo cancel are the same thing.
No there not. A rapid cancel is a term for a mechanic in blazblue, it started in guilty gear and it was called a roman cancel, its also in persona 4 arena called a one more cancel. This mechanic basically cancels most actions and puts you in neutral, so you can do stuff like use a special with a longer recovery and cancel it and continue a combo with another special or normal, or can use it to make a move safe.

Street fighter 4 has a very weird ghetto version of this called FADC, I'm sure most of you know what that is.

A combo cancel in Injustice is canceling a string into a ground bounce or a wall bounce, and only these two things, the wall bounce also doubles as a stage transition.

However some moves in Injustice have a rapid cancel type mechanic built into them as there meter burn function, so they can dash cancel the move to make it safe, or to continue a combo.

we've already seen enough meter burn examples to get the concept, though now that they've explained the cancels its way easier to tell whats a Meter Burn move and whats a Meter Cancel in the trailer. Rewatching this one now gets me really hard.

I just hope they make some better effects to distinguish the different meter uses. That generic pro-move sound happens for like all 4 major meter uses, and the only difference appears to be wether a green or white orb pops off the character. That and unless this game has like, Vanilla MvC3 meter gain we are never ever going to see a super in real play.
This is good. You clearly see a couple instances of both. I clearly saw batman rapid cancel after a special then dash over to continue combo.

#IamMuffinMuggers

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I see yellow (wonder woman shield smash), red(harley quinn extended gun juggle), green (grundy's knife swing ground bounce), and then white is on bats, nightwing, and cyborg. I was going to infer that maybe some are based on whether meter is used for specials or normals, but there doesn't seem to be a clear difference between the colors. Perhaps its just character color coordinated? I'm new to the extended meter burn stuff, but I imagine it won't take long to figure it out as I've played many other fighting games, just not those anime ones.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Double KO's are gonna be like oldschool "Mercy's" except both players have "danger" health? Hype! I don't see it happening very often as most double KO's in FG's are pretty rare, but glad they went in this direction.

MAAAAAN! I just want to play this game already. But also, my obligation to mention MM in an Injustice post compels me to say, REVEAL MARTIAN MANHUNTER ALREADY!!

Double KO's are gonna be like oldschool "Mercy's" except both players have "danger" health? Hype! I don't see it happening very often as most double KO's in FG's are pretty rare, but glad they went in this direction.

MAAAAAN! I just want to play this game already. But also, my obligation to mention MM in an Injustice post compels me to say, REVEAL MARTIAN MANHUNTER ALREADY!!
https://twitter.com/NinjaBoy66/status/295327907470000130

shaowebb

Awesome!

Your sig though...:C
Man...when Green Arrow gets ganked in this game its gonna look so nasty knowing not only does he have no powers, but next to no armor too. So help me the match with him getting eaten up by stage transition digging the tunnel with a threshing tank plus this finisher in one match would be a real disheartening experience.

I can't wait :)