What's new

In case you missed this...CLASH SYSTEM CHANGES

yea I just remembered seeing a lot of clashes, but Im stoned a lot so sometimes my memory makes things up, I didnt wanna watch it again cus its kind of brutal to watch haha

Injustice for best 2D fighter behind KOF this generation. Calling it.

Btw, keep this under wraps.
Damn, you really seem to like this game a lot! Everywhere I see you post, I see that you have great confident in this game being a legit competitive fighter.

My worries are that Injustice has no fanbase, it's relying on FGC/Capcom and MK community to back it up.

MK survived because, when FGC/Capcom stopped playing it, there were still MK players, what if, people drop this game for stupid reasons?

And I see a lot of "MK" only stubborn players not wanting to play it because "it has a back to block" or "it doesn't play like MK" -.-.

It's going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

What are your thoughts on Injustice, and what I just said.

Damn, you really seem to like this game a lot! Everywhere I see you post, I see that you have great confident in this game being a legit competitive fighter.

My worries are that Injustice has no fanbase, it's relying on FGC/Capcom and MK community to back it up.

MK survived because, when FGC/Capcom stopped playing it, there were still MK players, what if, people drop this game for stupid reasons?

And I see a lot of "MK" only stubborn players not wanting to play it because "it has a back to block" or "it doesn't play like MK" -.-.

It's going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

What are your thoughts on Injustice, and what I just said.
Not all of them >.>

I'm not playing this game simply because it's not MK. I have never bothered to care about DC, and no one really interests me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think Injustice will be massively successful and will generate its own specific fanbase on top of drawing in a lot of people. It has quite a few things going for it.

For sure the interactive environments is a really dangerous territory to approach, but from what we've seen, in no way has it been shown to be overbearing whatsoever. That could change over time, but I'd be surprised if they did a complete 180 and became the entire focus of the game, tbh. And it seems a ton of nuances that were born with MK9 are being taken care of. On top of this, there are a lot of traditional mechanics brought in that have a ton of MK flavor. Back to block is traditional, but the lack of proximity blocking is very much something we're used to as MK players. Crossups are traditional, but the jump-ins have a lot of MK properties.

It seems like Hec, Paulo and the crew have been doing their homework, from the little bits we've seen of the game. And this new piece of info is HUGE. Reducing the effectiveness of a comeback mechanic so that it doesn't completely take up the game is super, super smart on their part.

Rathalos

With the way its being described I actually think it (the clash) doesnt cost any meter at all now. What do you think of that? Is it whoever wins the wager gets extra damage/health recovery OR does spending 1 bar of meter increase damage by something like 10% and the defender gets health recover +20% for every bar spent. Either way allowing a guaranteed survival if the defender has a smart meter game.

Yea honestly the more info I've combed through it looks better and better to me I was skeptical at first now I'm hyped. Most of this started with the talk of real online.. that with some of the changes tied in with some of the MK mechanics and the DC fanbase, they could be poised to create a huge following. They're obviously trying to attract a larger fanbase, just hope the online isn't a bust..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Apparently revealed during a stream. Didn't want it buried in General Discussion and word needs to spread on this to other forums. It sounds good and usable now. Credit goes to DeathAndHealing for bringing it up.
Don't front page it, it's unofficial, and Pako can get in trouble. I think he was just doing it to be nice, because we got jack shit from the Lex Luthor trailer, and he was wondering why is everyone angry about the trailer.

He even said he says some shady shit sometimes that's why he doesn't want any statements linked to him or says much.
There's actually more of this than what you have.

EGP Wonder_Chef captured all of it. I'll see about adding it to the first post. But yeah, this is "hush-hush" info, so I may not.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm pretty hype for this game, especially the story. Just need some up to date gameplay vids for me to hit a new level.

Some of this is common information that I'll try to answer.

Meter Burn is extending a combo with a special move, during a combo you have a small frame window where you can input a command to extend your special so IIRC you can continue/extend the combo in situations you couldn't have, get more damage, etc, I am not sure if you can just throw out specials naked like MK9, STORMS?

Most notable example I can think of for Meter burn is MK9's DLC characters, that's where the concept started. NRS didn't intend for people in MK9 to initiate combos with pure specials, their design goal was for specials to extend a combo/use them in between. Think Street Fighter?

Example, for Kenshi, most of his EX moves can extend a combo, this was their first start at this design choice, Injustice is built upon it. No more spamming shit.

Not to sure about what Macros are referring to, and in game options might mean tournament mode for disabled environmental objects?

You'll all enjoy this game more, IF YOU DON'T EXPECT IT TO PLAY LIKE MK9 *obligatory disclaimer*

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Some of this is common information that I'll try to answer.

Meter Burn is extending a combo with a special move, during a combo you have a small frame window where you can input a command to extend your special so IIRC you can continue/extend the combo in situations you couldn't have, get more damage, etc, I am not sure if you can just throw out specials naked like MK9, STORMS?

Most notable example I can think of for Meter burn is MK9's DLC characters, that's where the concept started. NRS didn't intend for people in MK9 to initiate combos with pure specials, their design goal was for specials to extend a combo/use them in between. Think Street Fighter?

Example, for Kenshi, most of his EX moves can extend a combo, this was their first start at this design choice, Injustice is built upon it. No more spamming shit.
Few things on this:

Kenshi's moves extending combos isn't about the meter situation. In MK9 a lot of specials can extend combos if they have juggle properties. So Kenshi's regular rising karma can extend a combo, due to this. The difference between EX and regular in MK9 is usually focused around damage and armor.

Now Kenshi gains a special-based combo starter/extender in the corner with exsc, but its only because the opponent isn't pushed across the screen due to the corner being there.

I assume by meter burn you meant move enhancement; and in Injustice you use meter to enhance moves. This is not only for the purposes of lengthening combos -- turning a move into its enhanced version can have all sorts of diff. effects.

Also in MK9 a lot of specials actually were intended as combo starters. It's part of the design of the game. So I wouldn't expect that to change.

Few things on this:

Kenshi's moves extending combos isn't about the meter situation. In MK9 a lot of specials can extend combos if they have juggle properties. So Kenshi's regular rising karma can extend a combo, due to this. The difference between EX and regular in MK9 is usually focused around damage and armor.

Now Kenshi gains a special-based combo starter/extender in the corner with exsc, but its only because the opponent isn't pushed across the screen due to the corner being there.

I assume by meter burn you meant move enhancement; and in Injustice you use meter to enhance moves. This is not only for the purposes of lengthening combos -- turning a move into its enhanced version can have all sorts of diff. effects.
Well that's what I was told, that DLC characters are the closest example for meter burn.

Well that's what I was told, that DLC characters are the closest example for meter burn.
You can use specials in injustice just like in any fighting game. idk what you're talking about. After the special connects, you just hit the meter button and you enhance it for a bar. That's literally all there is to it :\

also YOOOOOOOOOOO shitty versions of FADCs are in injustice? That's sick