What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
O.M.G. Count me in bat friends, imma hit the ground running with bats, that's been the plan all along. Glad we' re already planning potential tech. Lets break the shit out of batman and make him a force to reckon with (hopefully he's not shit tier)

O.M.G. Count me in bat friends, imma hit the ground running with bats, that's been the plan all along. Glad we' re already planning potential tech. Lets break the shit out of batman and make him a force to reckon with (hopefully he's not shit tier)
All the other characters would have to be god tier for batman to be shit at this point lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
yea, from what I can tell Batman has a lot of tools so far. Characters like Grundy look slow and lack a lot of the same tools, so I doubt ol' Wayne will be that bad lol.

xQUANTUMx

I see him probably have to change his game plan a bit with the grapplers
But he looks like he can have some pretty strong LK esque zoning and using glide for whiff punishing as previously discussed

What about his Batarangs haven't heard much about them. I would guess they would act just like Jades Boomerang and if that's true Ex Batarang could potentially be another combo extender along with his flying bots. Bat is definitely gonna have some unique combos across differnt players.And sorry I couldnt join the convo early I'm not that familiar with SF
I think the batarangs are decent. We really haven't seen that much of them. Also someone mentioned the ex version explode, but I thought that was only when using the background interactions to make the car explode from a far range.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think the batarangs are decent. We really haven't seen that much of them. Also someone mentioned the ex version explode, but I thought that was only when using the background interactions to make the car explode from a far range.
How the EX batarangs work is pretty cool. You can throw and decide to make it explode or not by pressing a button while it's headed toward your opponent. I think it's neat.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Yeah It seem like hitting the car caused the explosion, not the actual batarang but it would make sense if the Ex version did explode, but could that act Like cyrax's Ex bomb where it sticks to you and causes a pop up.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yeah It seem like hitting the car caused the explosion, not the actual batarang but it would make sense if the Ex version did explode, but could that act Like cyrax's Ex bomb where it sticks to you and causes a pop up.
I read it somewhere from one of the NRS guys. They said you can release a batarang and decide to detonate it after it's airborne. I hope they can juggle. That would be sweet!

xQUANTUMx

Yo that threat of cape parry etc might make him an epic mother f@&;ker in the corner...(yea yea, corner trap but different...can you blame me? Lol) although push block will make that hard so nvm

Yo that threat of cape parry etc might make him an epic mother f@&;ker in the corner...(yea yea, corner trap but different...can you blame me? Lol) although push block will make that hard so nvm
Judging from his current tools Batman will be able to compete at any part of the screen. We still don't know his weaknesses yet.

i noticed 2 things I didn't like about Grundy in the vids posted. His dash (hop) is terrible and whats up with that 3 hit string where the last hits knocks the opponent full screen distance. Why would a grappler that slow have such a string? Makes no sense to me.

you can see the string at 1:36.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Also, I'm not too clear on how the controls work. Everyone is talking like in MK you press down, then forward to execute certain moves. Well I've always used qc motions in MK, so I don't understand what the significant difference in controls will be.
Imagine you play Mileena and you want to dash backwards and then poke with D4. Because you'd press B, B, D4 you'd technically get Roll because of the B, D+4 input. This is very frustrating. Similarly if you have a character that has a fireball that's D, F+1 and you duck a normal and attempt to whiff punish or initiate pressure with a F+1 string -- you'd have pressed "D" to duck and then F1, resulting in a fireball instead. These accidental specials are the kind of thing that can cost you a match.

With the Capcom inputs this happens less because it's easy to press D, F+1 without pressing Down, Down-Forward, Forward+1. These down-forward and down-back inputs make the specials require more precision and thus prevent accidental specials from coming out. This is a pretty cool change that I'll likely be using myself.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Phase 3 that makes sense. I understood the neutral thing, but couldn't really figure it out until you used Mileena as a example. I guess I never noticed those little details in MK compared to some of the other fighters. Thanks.