What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I am definitely maining batman whether he is Jade tier or Kabal tier in this game. Probably one of my favorite characters of all time.

Anyway... as for fighting styles? ... Sektor? hell no, that's too clunky and slow for batman.

That's actually a pretty damn good idea haha.

I pretty much agree with all of this, but Aquaman is going to be in it and he is going to be the best. Sorry, I'm calling it.

Possible Aquaman special moves are starfish toss(similar to magikarp's splash in Pokemon), fish call, and swim away (similar to smoke away but no forward version).

As hilarious as that would be NRS doesnt make unpopular characters good in their games
LBSH...NRS takes the iconic characters of their games and make them shit. IE. Scorpion, Sub-Zero.
But if Aquaman ended up being top tier in IGAU I wouldn't know what to think. I don't know much about how he's evolved in the comics but from what I assume...he talks to fish...

I'm hoping Batman is just a little above Mid-tier. That's the sweet spot. :)
I want to main Batman and hope he's good so I can. But I look at him, and think of a mix between Jade and Scorpion. Based on that, I have low hopes. But we'll see. If he's good, I'm Batman all the way.

Lets see the takedown they gave to scorpion and the batarang they gave to jade so I'm sure they'll be back. I always loved that sky drop move he had, pure BATMAN!

Things I'd like to see added to his move list.

Make the grappling hook like scorpions spear except with better recovery.
Give him a smoke bomb teleport (throws on the ground, poof nows hes behind you CAUSE HES THE GOD DAMN BATMAM).
AA Sticky bomb grab
Air throw/takedown
8 frame uppercut
EX Sticky bomb batarang (think cyrax sticky bomb)
fast normals.
This

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
any news on if NRS is sticking with that rediculous fight stance?
...still using him anyway...I hope he's good...I'd settle for A or A+ tier...

Spletty

Grandmaster
I hope he's a zoner with good mobility with his grappling hook. Or has absurd, Johnny cage style pressure with one button lol.

xQUANTUMx

I think people are going to be surprised as to how much of a defensive character Batman is going to be and honestly I hope he is defensive, it fits the personality of the character.
ugh....already main one....let's hope he can hit back accordingly in this game....

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
ugh....already main one....let's hope he can hit back accordingly in this game....
I'm not saying he won't have the capability to rush down, he looks pretty fast from what I've seen, idk about damage. However if you look at all of his specials capabilities and his super it looks that way.

xQUANTUMx

I think I saw in one of his demos his 7 hit grappling hook combo only does 17% :-/ (I know its a demo, so dont take it too seriously, but that's low AF...)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think I saw in one of his demos his 7 hit grappling hook combo only does 17% :-/ (I know its a demo, so dont take it too seriously, but that's low AF...)
Also, I doubt any of the people shown in the demos really know any good combos as they probably haven't gotten much time with the game.

Character Biography --
Bruce Wayne was just a young boy when he watched his parents get gunned down during a mugging in Gotham City. The crime would define his life, as he dedicated himself to becoming the world's greatest weapon against crime -- Batman. Read More >
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!