What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am throwing my hat into the Nightwing Brigade as well. Before release I clamored for Red Robin or Robin. It is inevitable that we get a Robin skin for Dick.

I hit training this morning and here are some that I found.

JI2 F213~EX DF2 B3 Ji3 F21~Grayson Splat (the overhead kick I forget the name) does like 40%

Some Meterless combos = F213~DF2 F3 F21~Overhead kick (this may be incorrect just going from memory)

Going to have some fun tonight :)

ROBIN RULES!

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
Man, i'm really loving playing as Nightwing. But what do you guys do when you are being rushed? his AA game seems weak. I've been using b11 df2 to try and counter getting rushed.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Man, i'm really loving playing as Nightwing. But what do you guys do when you are being rushed? his AA game seems weak. I've been using b11 df2 to try and counter getting rushed.
Back Dash and AA with DB3
Meter burn B3 or F3
jump back 3
Push Block jDB1

The game has a multitude of options, some cost meter, but I'd rather take a loss of meter than give my opponent free pressure.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Do you think standing 3 would also be a good AA since it moves him forward a little?
You can try it but unless it stuffs air attacks free I wouldn't risk it. Escrima s3 doesn't seem like it strikes high enough, Staff s3 has entirely too much start up.

Staff j3 is pretty solid on winning air exchanges, but then I'd rather MB F3 to get a ground bounce combo anyways.

All of the options I listed are more or less guaranteed ways of dealing with jump ins. They're safe, they're simple, and don't really require specific timing.

W E S T N I N E 9

Currently hijacking the planet
Here's a few I came up with.
Haven't seen them around.

32% meterless escrima to staff (to escrima).
f2 1 3xxEscrimaForce(cancel after 1 hit of 3) f3 j2 2 4xxxStaffSpin(xxx4 if you wish to revert back to escrima)

Very easy reset crossup setup (works very often).
1 1 3 -dash under- j2

Another ambiguous crossup setup
1 1 2xxxGroundSpark(hold) -foward dash- j2

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, I am assuming that depending on where we are on the screen we should be ending combos in his overhead flip (for the hard knockdown) or a staff cancel into flying grayson (for the hard knockdown).

Staff for corner shenanigans, overhead flip for midscreen rush.

Does this sound correct or am I barking up the wrong tree? (Theory crafting at work again lol)

Saitsu

Noob
Well, at least in my opinion, staff combos are wonkier in the corner so I always like to stay Escrima if possible and just manage with pressure, with a switch every so often into MB Ground Blast and such.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
What combo are you guys using to AA? I know AA aren't that strong, but in Escrima I use d2 b2 Escrima Fury j3 wingdings.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Most likely you're not special canceling the Stance Switch.
Well I too have the same issue, I will do 1,f1, stance cancel, kali fury but when I stance cancel the kali fury does not come out most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.