What's new

Il be the first to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
in related news tech to be released soon on how to punish max range kenshi SC with every character on block
Great so Johnny cage only loses 7-3 now????? Lol. I mean I guess I cannot argue with you guys, if you are playing reo and pl and saying there are no options, the only experience I have is in the aqua matchup versus OZZYGUITAR who is probably garbage anyway lol.

Mojo

Noob
Damn I want to see how this one plays out. I'm not going to pretend as if I'm qualified to say if scorpion should be banned or not. What I will say is that any character who can constantly jump like this, while destroying some characters who even attempt to move does nothing but make the game look like hot garbage.

Matix218

Get over here!
As much as I can't believe I'm saying this after seeing reo on stream yesterday I agree that scorpion has to be banned in tournament.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Her Soul Crush, Singularity and Pillars stop anyone in the game from jumping like a frog anywhere on the screen.
Can the teleport punish the soul crush? I know for sure WW can jump around on Raven, so whats stopping Scorpion, all he's gotta do is knock her down too.

Deathstroke is fine where he's at now. I don't agree with giving back his old guns for some obvious reasons concerning online and offline play as a whole.

Now then, about this scorpion business, yes, he does need a fix. However I'd like to see how NRS is gonna fix this. I'm new to this forum but i've picked up the point that NRS is incompetent concerning balances and changes. I only hope for the better future of this game, and Joker buffs.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
why is it 7 frames off instant j1? I must be missing something here
Its been tested that scorpions teleport leaves the first side of the screen in 5-7 frames. It only takes 23 or whatever for it to actually impact.

This means he can teleport out of things that most people can only backdash to avoid. Ex- Black adam does b23 (+3 on block) into d1. Most characters have to backdash to avoid. Scorpion can teleport. His tele basically acts as a crossing up parry/backdash.

Its been tested that scorpions teleport leaves the first side of the screen in 5-7 frames. It only takes 23 or whatever for it to actually impact.

This means he can teleport out of things that most people can only backdash to avoid. Ex- Black adam does b23 (+3 on block) into d1. Most characters have to backdash to avoid. Scorpion can teleport. His tele basically acts as a crossing up parry.

well that changed my mind a lot about scorpion... so it actually is ridiculously fast. Imo even if scorpion was low tier it would be stupid to design a character around one special move, its not like his normals or the rest of his specials are that great.

prospic

Noob
Injustice is a Boring game ...dont care if the game is perfectly balance. Balance does not make a fun game and most of you guys cry beause you losing money for not winning tournaments. Tournaments do not make you rich and yall just need a job. Most people attending these tournaments do not Enjoy playing this game...is more of doing it for MONEY. Let the game die and play what you enjoy playing. I can cry about kabal beating me, but i at least enjoy playing the game. On the other hand, injustice whole gameplay mechanic does not make someone enjoy it or make it fun. Why people making excuses that scorpion is the problem now? When yall agreed injustice was getting BORING. Grow up pussies

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Can the teleport punish the soul crush? I know for sure WW can jump around on Raven, so whats stopping Scorpion, all he's gotta do is knock her down too.
Soul Crush is -20 on block so I doubt it does; haven't tested it but not even Aquaman's trident on reversal does.

Wonderwoman (and Superman) have a slighty higher jump arc plus an airdash to keep them at that height. Scorpion's jump is nowhere like WW's.

I don't know if Raven wins or loses the MU but she does force Scorpion to play differently.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
If the majority of the community feels this way about Scorpion being banned. Why haven't you guys made it so? Let the TOs know that's how you feel. IF most of the community decides it's broken just simply let TOs know the ruleset.

There's a lot things this community needs to do as far as standards because literally there is 2 things right now the community wants to do but has not done.

1. How stage selects get handed out.

Battle circuit it's random, then loser picks. The Break it was random/random. At the Big E tournies (Bar Battles), it was 50/50, Loser picks. (the best choice imo). We as a community need to decide how we should roll with this to prevent faulty communication and something TOs will be able to follow.

2. Ban Scorpion?

Let's be real here. I'm in favor of banning him. When most of your top players in your scene (even some are playing scorp) are telling him he doesn't fit the mold. Even if he didn't fit. If most of your community are telling you that's it's time for a ban. Then Ban em. ST Akuma was banned for that very reason. Even though street fighter was going to live anyway, the game lasted 20+ years because of that fact that you weren't going to see Akuma mirrors. So please let the local TOs, Regional TOs, Major TOs know so we don't allow this to happen.

TOs LISTEN TO YOU! I go to Big E majors all the time and I can tell you for a fact he listens to the players. Larry aka ShinBlanka of Final Round will listen to you. EVO will listen to you if you make a big enough noise.

Edit: You know something is silly when you have marvel players like Chris G. laughing on how silly Scorpion literally spits on matches. and no I don't get that with BA, AQ, KF, Supes.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
This community talks much but at the end of the day never acts.

If you banned the KKK one year ago Mortal Kombat would probably have much more active players that now and the game would be more interesting. EVERYONE knows and says it is totally unbalanced, but nothing happens.

Banning Scorpion would surely make Injustice a better game, yet you will probably only talk and never do anything, as always.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Injustice is a Boring game ...dont care if the game is perfectly balance. Balance does not make a fun game and most of you guys cry beause you losing money for not winning tournaments. Tournaments do not make you rich and yall just need a job. Most people attending these tournaments do not Enjoy playing this game...is more of doing it for MONEY. Let the game die and play what you enjoy playing. I can cry about kabal beating me, but i at least enjoy playing the game. On the other hand, injustice whole gameplay mechanic does not make someone enjoy it or make it fun. Why people making excuses that scorpion is the problem now? When yall agreed injustice was getting BORING. Grow up pussies
No people are not pissed of that they arent winning money or trying to make a living off this game, cause thats pretty damn impossible. They are pissed that they are spending the money they actually worked for to go to these tournaments only to lose it and not even have fun. Being a competitor should be about having fun while competing to your fullest. At UFGT i had a great time cause i had fun and got everything i wanted pretty much. If i were to go to CEO and lose to scorpion, it would utterly ruin my trip and make me feel like i wasted a lot of money.

As I told PL this morning, Im willing to wait til after CEO to truly pass my final judgement. However, part of that means my drive to go to CEO has lessened and id rather sit back and wait since ill have more chances later at a possibly better time.

Saffa

Noob
Would making his teleport only work while he is standing be a good fix?
Then it becomes an option instead of the entire basis for his game.

Seems easy enough for them to do that.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
No need for the insults, and just cause you don't like the game doesn't mean everyone else should hate it.
And yes, I hate the game too, but I don't go around calling people pussies for liking it.

Stay positive! :)

I'll play Devil's advocate.

Why does Marvel community constantly keep traveling to Marvel tournaments only to get bodied by Morridoom and ChrisG for 2 years. Maybe the answer to why Capcom is more successful resides in your answer to that question ;).

(And Scorpion hasn't even won anything), and fun is relative stop using that argument. Playing competitive isn't playing for fun, it's playing to win, of course it's not fun losing.

Why can't this community suck it up and take it? Is MKC soft?

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
As a scorpion main i can say that he is ridiculous, and agree that banning him may be a viable option in our community. they can nerf him all that they want but ex teleport is going to either fucked up or useless imo, the only way to make it not broken is to literally take away every use that it has, he can get in for free and get out of certain pressure for free at the click of a button. the only way to fix it( that i can think of atm) is to make it negative of block, and then what will scorpion do to get out of pressure? back dash? ha! NO! he can try to poke but with characters like nightwing that have plus 1000000000000 d1s he is going to be screwed, completely. Unless somebody has a better suggestion on how to "normalize" this character, i say banning could be our only option. And keep in mind, I'm a diehard scorpion fan and I am always loyal to characters i like, but i do not want a kabal repeat, i think we can all agree that we dislike unbalanced games and that none of us want scorpion to win almost every single major. So, in my mind, we need a genius plan to nerf him, or we need to ban this bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.