What's new

Il be the first to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Here is my final stance on the matter. We should give this more time. Until at least evo. See what everybody does to try and fight scorpion there, if tech to beat this shit is going to emerge, it will be there. If scorpion wins evo, he wins evo, no matter how stupid it looks. Will it look bad for the game? Yes. But so did this:

The scene will recover. What we will not recover from is if we start banning things prematurely and end up with a community who just wants to ban shit instead of getting better.

EDIT: before some starts trash talking me for not giving PL credit or something, i am just talking about the 24low hat loop thing. Obviously PL won evo, not kung lao, if that makes any sense.
There is no tech in this game to stop him from being able to teleport, or to J3.
Even if there is, it will be character specific, so you'll end up with fish characters again that are only there to get bent over and ass rammed the shit out of.

You know what that means?

It'll be Kenshi Kabal Kung Lao all over again.
Ban Scorpion and open up the possibilities of making everybody tournament viable.
Keep Scorpion and remove a vast amount of characters from being viable, because whether or not you like it, ALOT of characters get shat on by him, and people WILL play him.

Yes, I was, I support the game still for the sheer fact that I respect NRS as developers, but, I do not like how the game turned out, when hearing about cross ups and such, I would think it'd behave like your traditional FGs, but, Injustice plays like a weird hybrid that doesn't work IMO.

Things dislike about IGAU game --

Strings
Hitbox Collision Issues (this is only exclusive to NRS games), it's a byproduct of string system and hitboxes, you collide at weird angles, and do weird animations if your mid string and a opponent happens to avoid it it'll whiff all awkardly or hit behind you or 1 or 2 hits whiff and it'll hit on the others, etc etc.
Stupid Priority on Jump Ins
Interactibles are dumb the way they work, tracking, damage, and you get hit by debris even if you avoid it...
I wish their was recoverable life for B3/F3 MB
Slight increase in walk speed
Maybe a normal (Lobo's 3)/D2 should be able to anti-air.

Just thoughts of changes to discuss no solid testing has been done.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
We should give this more time. Until at least evo. See what everybody does to try and fight scorpion there
So you want to give it a literal world stage to showcase how effed up he is, how he was detrimentally shoehorned into the game, and solidify the damage on the games reputation? It was recognizable from day one he was borked - it won't change in a handful of weeks.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So you want to give it a literal world stage to showcase how effed up he is, how he was detrimentally shoehorned into the game, and solidify the damage on the games reputation? It was recognizable from day one he was borked - it won't change in a handful of weeks.
Dude how do you know? How do you know something will not be found? That is all I am saying.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
There is no tech in this game to stop him from being able to teleport, or to J3.
Even if there is, it will be character specific, so you'll end up with fish characters again that are only there to get bent over and ass rammed the shit out of.

You know what that means?

It'll be Kenshi Kabal Kung Lao all over again.
Ban Scorpion and open up the possibilities of making everybody tournament viable.
Keep Scorpion and remove a vast amount of characters from being viable, because whether or not you like it, ALOT of characters get shat on by him, and people WILL play him.
If you feel that there is nothing to be found, I respect your opinion. I believe that there is a chance that something will be.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Really? I didn't read the whole thread. I don't really want to read a dozen pages of salt. No doubt Scorpion is annoying. But at the same time if that is your only reason for quitting the game that is ridiculous. I can't say that I don't feel the same way though. I don't really feel like taking the game too seriously myself. If that one MU bugs you that much that is fine. To be honest you are not the first to say it. A lot of people dropped the game once Scorpion hit. :)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I don't know if scorpion should be banned but he definitely needs more "normalizations"

- slow down teleport
- less priority on teleport (smaller hit box)
- make regular teleport hit mid again so that it can be blocked and punished with :d
- make the second hit of EX teleport NOT come out on whiff (this is the biggest one)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If you feel that there is nothing to be found, I respect your opinion. I believe that there is a chance that something will be.
Ok then, but by that logic there is also the possibility of something being found that will make Scorpion even more stupid, opposed to easier to deal with. Which personally I think is the more likely outcome considering how little of his moveset can destroy so much.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Ok then, but by that logic there is also the possibility of something being found that will make Scorpion even more stupid, opposed to easier to deal with. Which personally I think is the more likely outcome considering how little of his moveset can destroy so much.
I agree that this is a tough situation that could end up really terrible either way. I guess I don't have aproblem if he is nerfed or banned or not. It is honestly irrelevant to me as an aquaman player.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Describe the gl scorp mu
Scorp destroys GL in neutral game because there is no neutral game. Whenever scorp wants EX teleport and he's in and GL loses up close.

GL cannot use interactables so a stage with few (like batcave) helps a lot

GL is forced to try and stay on the move at all times and out-manuever scorp which is hard because GL's mobility is ass. Instant Air turbines are actually a pretty good help to achieve this. He has to do that because when scorp gets in he has nothing to stop cross up j1/j3 all day and you'll eventually get opened up by something.

GL is forced to throw around what are essentially random lifts to try and stop just jumping shenanigans. This can be bad because scorp can punish lift on block clean at any distance (with spear). Trying to lift later on reaction to a jump can be extremely risky because the start-up and hit box of scorps j1 can beat lift before it becomes active.

Once you catch scorpion, that's when you have a chance. you have to smother him and make all the right reads on wake-up

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Scorp destroys GL in neutral game because there is no neutral game. Whenever scorp wants EX teleport and he's in and GL loses up close.

GL cannot use interactables so a stage with few (like batcave) helps a lot

GL is forced to try and stay on the move at all times and out-manuever scorp which is hard because GL's mobility is ass. Instant Air turbines are actually a pretty good help to achieve this. He has to do that because when scorp gets in he has nothing to stop cross up j1/j3 all day and you'll eventually get opened up by something.

GL is forced to throw around what are essentially random lifts to try and stop just jumping shenanigans. This can be bad because scorp can punish lift on block clean at any distance (with spear).

Once you catch scorpion, that's when you have a chance. you have to smother him and make all the right reads on wake-up
Erik Warda would body Scorpion

We need him

Status
Not open for further replies.