What's new

Il be the first to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see SEA Majors 2013 Grand Finals? Winner won 5-0 scorpion, the audience was giving him dirty looks and a lot had left midway through. :D

As a total noob it's simultaneously comforting and troubling that players who are actually good face the same problems I do when I play against Scorpion. For a character with weakish projectile game he sure does exert an astounding amount of control over the rounds.

Flagg

Noob
If players like S THTB, M REO, A Brady, R UFG, G Pig and myself are all consistent on the idea that Scorpion is fucked up, I'd think its fair to say he's fucked up. It's not like we're the players that don't look for answers. ASM
So he is worse than Cyrax and Kabal?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
KF is ok though, she doesn't have anything game breaking.
I've only had this game 3 days and havent even played anyone yet.

Im sure there are much more experienced, informed people playing the game...how long has Scorpion been out for? Is it perhaps a little early to demand the ban hammer just yet? Considering we come from a game where bullshit like Cyrax, Kenshi and Kabal exists, it seems a bit much that people are reacting like this. Is Injustice Scorpion really that much worse than MK Kabal, Kenshi and Cyrax?

Maybe he is complete bullshit, but the game is in its infancy and scorpion is even younger.

If players like S THTB, M REO, A Brady, R UFG, G Pig and myself are all consistent on the idea that Scorpion is fucked up, I'd think its fair to say he's fucked up. It's not like we're the players that don't look for answers. ASM
LBSH I say kabal kenshi is 5-5, I look for answers

Also you're a Genius at S M A R G lol

Smar G DO

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
He's right though, his gameplan is the exact same regardless of the opponent, and he doesn't need to know the opponents options, because they're ALWAYS forced to play his game. You can't justify the way Scorpion is in this game.
Okay he is correct, but it isn't hell fire that's a problem. However, I agree with you that besides a few exceptions (probably only aquaman as far as I can tell) scorion just plays his game seperate from the rest of Injustice. It is kind of stupid.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
So he is worse than Cyrax and Kabal?
Not as bad as Cyrax, maybe on Kabal level, no matter what character you picked against Kabal, you were always playing at Kabals pace, and Kabal only lost due to the players mistakes, not because of a weakness in his game. The same thing could be said about Scorpion.

But Scorpions mistakes cost more than Kabals did.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is ridiculous. In case you haven't noticed, this game is filled to the brim with characters that "don't play the game" or "don't follow the mechanics of the game".

A character makes me stop doing what I want and play at his pace, BAN HIM! All from people who kept spamming the forums with "adapt, bro. no nerfs, no buffs, just adapt".

In my opinion, there are several chars better than Scorp. Is the reason he should be banned and not the other, better chars who also "don't follow the mechanics of the game" just because he makes you play his style? I feel like many people are making fools of themselves thinking Scorp is ban-worthy. He doesn't even have any game breaking glitches like Freddy in MK9 when he was first released.

Pig Of The Hut

Anyone else see SEA Majors 2013 Grand Finals? Winner won 5-0 scorpion, the audience was giving him dirty looks and a lot had left midway through. :D

As a total noob it's simultaneously comforting and troubling that players who are actually good face the same problems I do when I play against Scorpion. For a character with weakish projectile game he sure does exert an astounding amount of control over the rounds.
Link?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So you agree with Pig but not with me, even though we're saying the same thing?
I was just talking about hellfire with you. I didn't see that pig was complaining about hell fire. I agree that scorpion si a fucked up character, however, I am still unsure of what to do with that.

Pig Of The Hut

This is ridiculous. In case you haven't noticed, this game is filled to the brim with characters that "don't play the game" or "don't follow the mechanics of the game".

A character makes me stop doing what I want and play at his pace, BAN HIM! All from people who kept spamming the forums with "adapt, bro. no nerfs, no buffs, just adapt".

In my opinion, there are several chars better than Scorp. Is the reason he should be banned and not the other, better chars who also "don't follow the mechanics of the game" just because he makes you play his style? I feel like many people are making fools of themselves thinking Scorp is ban-worthy. He doesn't even have any game breaking glitches like Freddy in MK9 when he was first released.
I think having a 7 frame tele off instant ji1 hitting face level is ridiculous.

Flagg

Noob
Not as bad as Cyrax, maybe on Kabal level, no matter what character you picked against Kabal, you were always playing at Kabals pace, and Kabal only lost due to the players mistakes, not because of a weakness in his game. The same thing could be said about Scorpion.

But Scorpions mistakes cost more than Kabals did.
But that's it mate, Kabal was iagb x 1 million with some saws thrown in, and IF you caught him, it was 2 ndc stuff. Arguably if Cage or Skarlet get you up close, it's frame trap city....they are then making you play at their pace. Cyrax is a beast from most places on the screen, again he can force a player to play at his pace. If Freddy or Kenshi got you full screen, you had to play at their pace, and so on..

I'm just trying to play devils advocate. I have no idea how Scorpion is, I just wonder if its a bit of a knee jerk reaction for a character that hasn't been out long at all.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
But that's it mate, Kabal was iagb x 1 million with some saws thrown in, and IF you caught him, it was 2 ndc stuff. Arguably if Cage or Skarlet get you up close, it's frame trap city....they are then making you play at their pace. Cyrax is a beast from most places on the screen, again he can force a player to play at his pace. If Freddy or Kenshi got you full screen, you had to play at their pace, and so on..

I'm just trying to play devils advocate. I have no idea how Scorpion is, I just wonder if its a bit of a knee jerk reaction for a character that hasn't been out long at all.
It's not a knee jerk reaction at all.

I've played hundreds of games against both REO and PLs Scorpion, and come to the conclusion that neither of them have to do anything other than J3 and randomly teleport to win.

It's the same shit, the only reason I can compete is because my character is fortunate enough to have a semi-decent anti air.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
DuskAlloy
dude are you bored? why are you here? do you make any contribution to the TYM board besides of offtopic BS?
2013 tym members <- facepalm
Damn someones pissy, no I don't really play injustice anymore and when I post I usually post a lot because it's when I have an hour or so free

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Here is my final stance on the matter. We should give this more time. Until at least evo. See what everybody does to try and fight scorpion there, if tech to beat this shit is going to emerge, it will be there. If scorpion wins evo, he wins evo, no matter how stupid it looks. Will it look bad for the game? Yes. But so did this:

The scene will recover. What we will not recover from is if we start banning things prematurely and end up with a community who just wants to ban shit instead of getting better.

EDIT: before some starts trash talking me for not giving PL credit or something, i am just talking about the 24low hat loop thing. Obviously PL won evo, not kung lao, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.