What's new

Il be the first to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Noob
I'll play Devil's advocate.

Why does Marvel community constantly keep traveling to Marvel tournaments only to get bodied by Morridoom and ChrisG for 2 years. Maybe the answer to why Capcom is more successful resides in your answer to that question ;).

(And Scorpion hasn't even won anything), and fun is relative stop using that argument. Playing competitive isn't playing for fun, it's playing to win, of course it's not fun losing.

Why can't this community suck it up and take it? Is MKC soft?
I'll be the one to say it. The majority of marvel 3 players are horrible at fighting games and stick with that shit because they know they can get cheap wins. I'm reallt tired of seeing that game to be honest.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is I think Scorpion would actually be ok if the game didn't have any interactables. (still top though)

Like REO said, all the interactables of every stage only exist to serve Scorpion. In other words, it's like interactables are turned off for you but still turned on for Scorp so he always gets free damage here and there (even combo into 30% off an interactable) while you can't even use any. So that's pretty unfair.

So not only does Scorpion have a natural advantage because he doesn't respect the game's mechanics, he also always has stage counter pick advantage in every matchup and every stage. And that's what makes him too good as opposed to fine.

Without interactables he's still great, but not really that broken. Just Killer Frost annoying.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
You know, after the last patch in MK9, we put up with Kabal/Cyrax/Kenshi BS for what, a year and a half or so? There was never any REAL talk of banning. Sure, there were salt everywhere, but no tournament players were really crying for the banhammer.

Now, with Scorp in IGAU, tourney players are saying Ban Scorpion. Most people will say they're just QQ'ing, but I actually see that as an indication that Scorpion is really fucked up

I'll be the one to say it. The majority of marvel 3 players are horrible at fighting games and stick with that shit because they know they can get cheap wins. I'm reallt tired of seeing that game to be honest.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

They all get weeded out, it's always consistent top players in 8/16, everything else don't matter.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It's not a case of answering questions such as "is scorpion broken?", because yes, their are certain answers to the character in certain match ups, but that's not the point.

Arguing strategies against his gameplay just validates him, when he doesn't fit the meta game of injustice at all.

Look at the bigger picture.

ahahahahahaha this community reminds me so fucking much of soul calibur community around SC4

worrying about your reputation in the eyes of capcom players & stream monsters is going to kill you in the long run. just like when SC community banned algol & yoda but not the actual best character in 4 (with the exact same logic being used here for scorp), then made the game more boring by banning said best character and turning it into amyfest. they banned so much because they were afraid of their game looking like a joke to other communities, and it turned out that those "joke" elements were what those people liked the most!

lots of GOOD fgs have a top character who "doesnt have to play the game", and those characters are virtually never banned. i guarantee you there is NO FUCKING WAY scorpion will turn out to be as bad in the long run as ST Vega; in a game with some of the most beautiful footsies you'll ever see, the #1 character (with ZERO bad matchups) can completely bypass them and win a lot of matchups with nothing but walldives...AND he also has some of the strongest footsies himself to boot! although japanese players would get mad when someone picked him in casuals, there was never any serious discussion of banning him in tournaments. period.

one last thought: there is a legit argument for keeping "unfair" & "broken" things in a game, even when they clearly make a game worse. one of the standard arguments of pre-SF4 capcom community was that having to deal with total bullshit weeded out the mentally weak players, leaving those who were resilient and/or cheap enough to eventually beat japan. seems to me like injustice might be doing a bit of that as we speak...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is what I DONT get..

Why are people comparing Scorpion to KKK and cyrax? That's such a dumb analogy.

First off, those are two COMPLETELY different games. Yes, in MK, Kabal was undoubtedly the best and fucked up, but at least he followed the games engine. We didn't have to practically play a different game to fight him. Same with cyrax, kenshi, Lao etc. Those characters were indeed ridiculous, but they were manageable and did completely ruin the games design.

Scorpion on the other hand, defies all logic this game has to offer. To my understanding, his design is unbelievably fucked up, to the point that it ruins the games engine design. I may not be the smartest person in the world, but i damn sure know that this means he is broken. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that. The teleport was not built for a game like this. Its way too powerful. Couple that in with j1, j3, and interactions and we have a monster. Anybody with a brain can tell you that they have to nearly kill themselves to even hang with a high level scorp, while all the scorp player has to do is jump, tele and use interactions. Its dumb.

PLEASE stop comparing this game to MK and its characters. PlEASE stop faking as if scorpion isn't broken. PLEASE STOP BEING IDIOTS.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
ahahahahahaha this community reminds me so fucking much of soul calibur community around SC4

worrying about your reputation in the eyes of capcom players & stream monsters is going to kill you in the long run. just like when SC community banned algol & yoda but not the actual best character in 4 (with the exact same logic being used here for scorp), then made the game more boring by banning said best character and turning it into amyfest. they banned so much because they were afraid of their game looking like a joke to other communities, and it turned out that those "joke" elements were what those people liked the most!

lots of GOOD fgs have a top character who "doesnt have to play the game", and those characters are virtually never banned. i guarantee you there is NO FUCKING WAY scorpion will turn out to be as bad in the long run as ST Vega; in a game with some of the most beautiful footsies you'll ever see, the #1 character (with ZERO bad matchups) can completely bypass them and win a lot of matchups with nothing but walldives...AND he also has some of the strongest footsies himself to boot! although japanese players would get mad when someone picked him in casuals, there was never any serious discussion of banning him in tournaments. period.

one last thought: there is a legit argument for keeping "unfair" & "broken" things in a game, even when they clearly make a game worse. one of the standard arguments of pre-SF4 capcom community was that having to deal with total bullshit weeded out the mentally weak players, leaving those who were resilient and/or cheap enough to eventually beat japan. seems to me like injustice might be doing a bit of that as we speak...

Its more about that if we keep Scorpion, we kill about 3/4 of the cast
If we kill Scorpion, we save about 3/4 of the cast.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Why are pro le comparing Scorpion to KKK and cyrax? That's such a dumb analogy.

First off, those are two COMPLETELY different games. Yes, in MK, Kabal was undoubtedly the best and fucked up, but at least he followed the games engine. We didn't have to practically play a different game to fight him. Same with cyrax, kenshi, Lao etc. Those characters were indeed ridiculous, but they were manageable and did completely ruin the games design.

Scorpion on the other hand, defies all logic this game has to offer. To my understanding, his design is unbelievably fucked up, to the point that it ruins the games engine design. I may not be the smartest person in the world, but i damn sure know that this means he is broken. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that. The teleport was not built for a game like this. Its way too powerful. Couple that in with j1, j3, and interactions and we have a monster. Anybody with a brain can tell you that they have to nearly kill themselves to even hang with a high level scorp, while all the scorp player has to do is jump, tele and use interactions. Its dumb.

PLEASE stop comparing this game to MK and its characters. PlEASE stop faking as if scorpion isn't broken. PLEASE STOP BEING IDIOTS.
But dude..... you play KF :joker:

To be honest it makes me a little bit sick. This very same scorpion would probably not be as bad as it is, if it were a different engine. As it is on mk for an example.

I honestly cannot see why some of the so called top players are trying so hard to defend scorpion and to pretend that he fits into this game. They are totally capable of adapting and playing at high level with any other character they want, and still they keep defending a character that not only doesn't fit the game, but also spoil it for everyone.

I believe that if you are a great players and you truly want the best for the community and the game to grow, you should fight for the game to be balanced. Who will be interested in a game where top 16 consists basically on one character?

Ban scorpion looks like the only reasonable choice.

JrK

Probably Drunk
If he didn't CHANGE the game play, and the flow of the game I wouldn't give two shits. Regardless of which way you feel there is no doubt it's hurting more than helping. I was on the fence, but after watching the play from last night... c'mon...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Why are pro le comparing Scorpion to KKK and cyrax? That's such a dumb analogy.

What are you talking about? Kabal eliminated all footsies(Flash parry punished anything), He eliminated all corner games, He eliminated all zoning games, he essentially took away 90% of the casts styles in general. KL you HAD to play reactionary or you would get blown up by his mobility options. Cyrax you HAD to play patiently and safe because one hit meant death. With Kenshi you HAD to take risks or else you would be zoned to death.

A TON of characters in MK9 completely changed the way you had to play the game, and this community was fine with them.

It is really funny when REO plays scorpion people say "This character is so broken ban him", but in MK9 he played Kabal and everyone said "Kabal isnt that good, it's just REO".

This community is hypocritical and scrubby as hell and if anything banning scorpion after less than a month of him being released would further solidify that.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Yes. Quoted for the motherfucking truth.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 

This guy right here gets it.

Well you are using scumbag Black Adam with his advantage or safe on guard everything. Sorry you actually have to think in a fight now cause we know Black Adam players don't like to think. Got knocked down? Lightning Cage? JUST DO IT!. I'm full screen and I don't want to dash to get in so let me MB Dive Kick. JUST DO IT!!

Nike
I didn't know a single post could pretty much sum up every single Black Adam player there ever was.

Akuma/Gouki IS banned from ST Tournaments.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What are you talking about? Kabal eliminated all footsies(Flash parry punished anything), He eliminated all corner games, He eliminated all zoning games, he essentially took away 90% of the casts styles in general. KL you HAD to play reactionary or you would get blown up by his mobility options. Cyrax you HAD to play patiently and safe because one hit meant death. With Kenshi you HAD to take risks or else you would be zoned to death.

A TON of characters in MK9 completely changed the way you had to play the game, and this community was fine with them.

It is really funny when REO plays scorpion people say "This character is so broken ban him", but in MK9 he played Kabal and everyone said "Kabal isnt that good, it's just REO".

This community is hypocritical and scrubby as hell and if anything banning scorpion after less than a month of him being released would further solidify that.
Lol this made me laugh. How did Kabal eliminate corner games? Because of ex dash that was death on block? Kabal had NO safe way out of the corner man. Kabal eliminated footsies? I play footsies with the BEST Kabal all day and I do just fine. Kabal wasn't the only one who stopped zoning. So did mileena, smoke, kenshi, NW, and others.

Lol kung Lao. Its not my fault that youre letting him be that mobile. If you're not punishing the DK, tele, roll, etc, then of course he's just gonna run over you.

Cyrax was fucked up in every way. I agree with that.

But at the end of the day, they didn't break the games engine. They fit with MK. Scorpion does not fit with IGAU. That's my point.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
Also Marvel players don't complain because everything in the game is broken. Morridoom doesn't really break the mechanics of the game. They know their game is broken and they know for sure that their game is never going to be fix becuase the VS. series has and always will be broken. The main point is it's fun to play/watch. also the reason their hasn't been whole shitfest about it is there are counters to Morridoom (Wolvie teams seem to do well. Dormmamu. Vergil. Even Zero (as witness at ECT with flocker who prolly has the best chance to win).

My point is Morridoom doesn't break the mechanics of the game. Scorpion abuses the mechanics of the game without really trying to.

Edit: No one really knew about Hilde in SC4 and I mained her! and I don't think she breaks the engine of SC4.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol this made me laugh. How did Kabal eliminate corner games? Because of ex dash that was death on block? Kabal had NO safe way out of the corner man. Kabal eliminated footsies? I play footsies with the BEST Kabal all day and I do just fine. Kabal wasn't the only one who stopped zoning. So did mileena, smoke, kenshi, NW, and others.

Lol kung Lao. Its not my fault that youre letting him be that mobile. If you're not punishing the DK, tele, roll, etc, then of course he's just gonna run over you.

Cyrax was fucked up in every way. I agree with that.

But at the end of the day, they didn't break the games engine. They fit with MK. Scorpion does not fit with IGAU. That's my point.
They literally tried to patch Cyrax 3 times and it never worked. He literally broke the game.

Why the hell would Kabal's flash parry get blocked when it is Armored? He simply waits for you to do one string or poke, and then blows it up. There is no blocking that. He eliminates footsies because nothing is safe against him. Want to do a safe poke? Blown up by EX dash. Want to do a safe advancing special? Blown up by EX dash. And yes a ton of characters eliminated zoning, my point was that he kind of eliminated everything. And if I am so wrong, why did Kabal win 90% of majors in MK9?

As for KL, cant that argument also be used for Scorpion? Is it not your fault for letting Scorpion jump on you all day and teleport for free? His regular teleport is super punishable on whiff.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
absolutely true. scorpion is the perfect thing for this game. a fast as fuck, nonsense mixup character that is fun for people to watch, and also fun to root against as the 'villain'. mvc3 had it with phoenix. umvc3 has it with morrigan. sf4 has it with seth/cammy/viper/whoever else people whine about. as much as the players dislike these characters, people love watching them, and watching players try and beat them. you ban scorpion, you take away that aspect. scorpion will do wonders for this games popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.