What's new

If you have a problem with scorpion's teleport...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, I understand people’s complaints about Scorpion’s teleport essentially giving the finger to neutral in a game that is supposed to be all about neutral play. On the other hand, suppose Amp teleport was removed entirely; he would still give the finger to neutral. Teleport is a staple move of Scorpion and people are basically asking for Scorpion to not be Scorpion instead of labbing things. It’s not going anywhere.

That said, adjustments can and will undoubtedly be made in the future. I’m sure the complaints have been heard loud and clear by now. There’s no sense in parroting it every day when everyone should be coming together about how to deal with it in its current state.

My 2 cents. I’ll be in the lab...
It's negative 20 frames plus how negative the want it to be. It's like people complaining Sonya has a full combo overhead & low.

kevkopdx

Noob
That's like just conceding to be pushed around by one stinkin move bro. Its so easy to blow up if you play right and bait it allllllllll Scorpions will eventually do it raw or as a fake out on a jump in.
Playing against this character in this neutral based game is simply not fun to me, win or lose. When people lose to my mediocre Johnny cage because they can’t play neutral and then character select to scorpion, something is wrong lol I don’t blame scorpion fans but the character is cheesy as fuck in this game. Good thing I have the choice to quit and move on!

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
So how would you guys feel if they made it a high then? Then it'd keep the same frames, which are apparently reasonable, and the MB could still come out on block, but it'd be full combo punishable on duck. That way it's more readily reactable and more similar to Noob's but still faster and stronger. Plus you still keep a mindgame with opponents who block rather than duck.

THAT would be a fairer tool.

Playing against this character in this neutral based game is simply not fun to me, win or lose. When people lose to my mediocre Johnny cage because they can’t play neutral and then character select to scorpion, something is wrong lol I don’t blame scorpion fans but the character is cheesy as fuck in this game. Good thing I have the choice to quit and move on!
Counter pickers are always annoying. When they do it just destroy them.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
Noob amp teleport is a launcher also. If you don't practice how to punish and when you will always be frustrated. I was beat by a Liu Kang who did a combo that jails the opponent on block. I had to lab & found a gap to poke.
are u seriously comparing noob's tele with scorps one? noob's tele is 100% punishable on block or ducked, no mindgames needed. this is high risk / high reward like it should be. if noob's tele gets blocked he eats full combo.

yes complain more about scorpion easy blockable telport .. dont mind subby at all! ive gotten quite few d 2 crushing blows of scropions. The ones that cancel it bit tricky but its just timing issue
I agree with you. As good as subs is I don't want them to get nerfed. We all have to learn match ups & options.

are u seriously comparing noob's tele with scorps one? noob's tele is 100% punishable on block or ducked, no mindgames needed. this is high risk / high reward like it should be. if noob's tele gets blocked he eats full combo.
Scorpion eats full combo on punish also. If your timing is bad after amplify teleport then you should poke or throw instead of going for combo.

Gaxkang

Banned
On one hand, I understand people’s complaints about Scorpion’s teleport essentially giving the finger to neutral in a game that is supposed to be all about neutral play. On the other hand, suppose Amp teleport was removed entirely; he would still give the finger to neutral. Teleport is a staple move of Scorpion and people are basically asking for Scorpion to not be Scorpion instead of labbing things. It’s not going anywhere.

That said, adjustments can and will undoubtedly be made in the future. I’m sure the complaints have been heard loud and clear by now. There’s no sense in parroting it every day when everyone should be coming together about how to deal with it in its current state.

My 2 cents. I’ll be in the lab...
I myself tend to think having things like teleports in a fighting game is kinda crazy heh outside of a final boss type thing but sure it's a trademark Scorpion thing.

But imagine if say, he could teleport , but couldn't cancel it, couldn't meter burn it, and couldn't combo off it. He'd take a big risk doing it...but if he hit it and could keep psyching people out to get it right, he'd get some repeating annoying damage/mess with people's minds.

He'd have the teleport...but that's all he would have. ;)

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Scorpion eats full combo on punish also. If your timing is bad after amplify teleport then you should poke or throw instead of going for combo.
Look if we're doing this, I stand by what I said. If they change Scorpion's teleport to work just like Noob's where it's a high, slower, and more minus on block? Perfect, I'll take exactly that.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
I myself tend to think having things like teleports in a fighting game is kinda crazy heh outside of a final boss type thing but sure it's a trademark Scorpion thing.

But imagine if say, he could teleport , but couldn't cancel it, couldn't meter burn it, and couldn't combo off it. He'd take a big risk doing it...but if he hit it and could keep psyching people out to get it right, he'd get some repeating annoying damage/mess with people's minds.

He'd have the teleport...but that's all he would have. ;)
Let’s imagine that MK11 is a brand new IP that doesn’t have almost 30 years of recognition. NRS says, “this will be a neutral based fighter”. A character like Scorpion simply wouldn’t exist at all.

This is one of the pitfalls of having an established character that, on paper, has been broken from the on-set. A full screen projectile that stuns? A teleport that is guaranteed to make contact from anywhere on the screen? What?!

It doesn’t help that the same character is THE face of the brand. If they keep Scorpion true to the character, he doesn’t function within the rules of the game they’ve created. If they change him, he’s no longer the same character that everyone associates the game with. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

And we all know how well letting him sit out a game went...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Scorpion's teleport is one of those special moves that is highly oppressive at a casual to intermediate level of play. The level of skill required to punish the teleport greatly exceeds the level of skill required to take advantage of the move. People complained about Deadshot's and Dr. Fate's projectiles in Injustice 2 for the same reason. High level players punish the teleport very consistently, but it is still arguably the best special move in the game. I believe changing the initial hit to a high attack is likely the best solution in order to limit the random factor in the neutral game. If you change the start up frames of the teleport, you are potentially ruining Scorpion's combos and if you remove the teleport cancel, you are ruining one of his tournament variations.

Scorpion's teleport is one of those special moves that is highly oppressive at a casual to intermediate level of play. The level of skill required to punish the teleport greatly exceeds the level of skill required to take advantage of the move. People complained about Deadshot's and Dr. Fate's projectiles in Injustice 2 for the same reason. High level players punish the teleport very consistently, but it is still arguably the best special move in the game. I believe changing the initial hit to a high attack is likely the best solution in order to limit the random factor in the neutral game. If you change the start up frames of the teleport, you are potentially ruining Scorpion's combos and if you remove the teleport cancel, you are ruining one of his tournament variations.
What happens when said casual runs into Liu Kang, Erron Black or Sonya who all have oppressive strings? What about subs? Complaints are rampant with him also.

Status
Not open for further replies.