What's new

If you have a problem with scorpion's teleport...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why are people being assholes to someone trying to help you? Like I really don’t get it and it’s extremely toxic. There’s absolutely no reason to come into here with that type of negativity. This is why people don’t post anything on TYM anymore. When they do they get shit on for no reason.

Thanks @Kotal_Wannabe for the video. Appreciate the effort.

xKMMx

Banned
AM I missing something this move is talked about on almost every thread ive been on since the game came out as if its just impossible to punish. Every character in the game has an 8 frame stand 1 string.

E

Eldriken

Some of you guys are just guys are set in your ways, you don't even want to fucking try lol.
I didn't say anything about not trying. What I'm telling you is that this isn't foolproof like you're making it out to be due to the things me and others have pointed out.

This isn't useless and can help provide people with a proper response to these situations. But due to variables, it won't always be applied.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Why are people being assholes to someone trying to help you? Like I really don’t get it and it’s extremely toxic. There’s absolutely no reason to come into here with that type of negativity. This is why people don’t post anything on TYM anymore. When they do they get shit on for no reason.

I was literally, just about to say, I'm not going to post stuff here anymore. But as long as there is one voice of reason, I may

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I didn't say anything about not trying. What I'm telling you is that this isn't foolproof like you're making it out to be due to the things me and others have pointed out.

This isn't useless and can help provide people with a proper response to these situations. But due to variables, it won't always be applied.
You words show your defeat before even trying, You're stating all the reasons it will fail but never even fucking tried yet lol.

xKMMx

Banned
I was literally, just about to say, I'm not going to post stuff here anymore. But as long as there is one voice of reason, I may
Its no different than playing online pure toxic crap. People talk crap to you when you win, they talk crap when they beat you. Fair to assume massive amounts of fighting game players have terrible self esteem and love the soap box and safety talking crap on the internet provides.

E

Eldriken

I feel the video is useful. Some people are being meh in their way of voicing shit, but others are also expressing valid concerns that affect how useful this tech is.

Dude's making it seem like once you learn this that you should -always- punish it accordingly, no matter what other factors are in play.

E

Eldriken

You words show your defeat before even trying, You're stating all the reasons it will fail but never even fucking tried yet lol.
I never said I wasn't gonna use this and I said it's useful.

I pointed out that you're going on that this will always work no matter what the situation. That isn't the case because of human error. That is all.

Seriously, dude. Read what people are saying to you before posting this type of response. You're not responding to anything I've pointed out. You're just saying I'm admitting defeat despite that never even being said.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I feel the video is useful. Some people are being meh in their way of voicing shit, but others are also expressing valid concerns that affect how useful this tech is.

Dude's making it seem like once you learn this that you should -always- punish it accordingly, no matter what other factors are in play.
Yeah, just about everyone does that. Including SonicFox

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I never said I wasn't gonna use this and I said it's useful.

I pointed out that you're going on that this will always work no matter what the situation. That isn't the case because of human error. That is all.

Seriously, dude. Read what people are saying to you before posting this type of response. You're not responding to anything I've pointed out. You're just saying I'm admitting defeat despite that never even being said.
your words imply it. The regular tele or even the amp, you should beat 100%. The tele cancel into throw on the other hand is determinant on your work load at the time, but with practice you can beat it. As I said, online I'm around 80% on the tele cancel into throw punish, but this is only week 2

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

your words imply it. The regular tele or even the amp, you should beat 100%. The tele cancel into throw on the other hand is determinant on your work load at the time, but with practice you can beat it.As I said, online I'm around 80% on the tele cancel punish, but this is only week 2
I don't know how to make this any simpler for you to understand, but here goes:

People react differently in different scenarios. The slightest hesitation from a heated match could botch the punish entirely. This isn't uncommon. People drop combos and screw up guaranteed punishes all the time.

Tech isn't always 100% guaranteed to work for everyone due to everyone playing and responding differently. This doesn't negate the tech entirely, however. It still has its uses and give good options to work on learning.

tl;dr: the tech is useful and worth learning but isn't always guaranteed due to human error.

Do you understand now?

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I don't know how to make this any simpler for you to understand, but here goes:

People react differently in different scenarios. The slightest hesitation from a heated match could botch the punish entirely. This isn't uncommon. People drop combos and screw up guaranteed punishes all the time.

Tech isn't always 100% guaranteed to work for everyone due to everyone playing and responding differently. This doesn't negate the tech entirely, however. It still has its uses and give good options to work on learning.

tl;dr: the tech is useful and worth learning but isn't always guaranteed due to human error.

Do you understand now?
I understood it from the start, but this is a self defeatist attitude. You haven't even tried yet. You're stating every reason it could fail, instead of thinking. Hey, this could just work lemme try.

E

Eldriken

I understood it from the start, but this is a self defeatist attitude. You haven't even tried yet. You're stating every reason it could fail, instead of thinking. Hey, this could just work lemme try.
Uh, what? Me saying it's useful indicates it's worth using because it can work.

You're arguing just to argue by this point and are completely ignoring what I've pointed out to you several times.

Enough is enough, dude.

Wigy

There it is...
This is true. But practice does make perfect. 100% tele and amp tele is punishable whether in the heat of the moment or not. The tele cancel into throw punish on the other hand is around 80% for me right now, but this is only week 2..
By this logic why is anything super negative. Why don't we just make shadow kick a mid launcher and hard to punish too. Practice makes perfect lol

Look at other easy full punish moves I bet 80% of them are half as good as scorpions teleport.

You're entirely missing the point.

What if a characters best punisher string is slower, folks should just lab for ages to maybe get a punish in the heat of the moment with a less optimal punisher because practice makes perfect lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah, just about everyone does that. Including SonicFox
Yet I'm still waiting for a Top 8 medal winning stud to take GGA SaucyJack up on his free money Nightwing challenge 6 years ago that he practically begged any top players to take his money.

The problem with these "perfect blocks in practice" videos is that they don't account for the other 50x variables in live matches. Show me a 10 game set of any player on any level punishing every single teleport or blocking every 50/50 Sub attempt. It won't happen, but it will happen in practice mode. To imply "just lab bro" as a solution to consistently punishing Scorpion's current version of a teleport is, well. It's a bit disingenuous.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Uh, what? Me saying it's useful indicates it's worth using because it can work.

You're arguing just to argue by this point and are completely ignoring what I've pointed out to you several times.

Enough is enough, dude.
Yet you did say it after the fact, rather than starting off with something like "hey i'm going to try this out, but i do have some concerns...." to which one who posted would be more receptive.. I'm certainly not trying to argue, I'm trying to make a point, that you're choosing not to understand. Though I know you understand what I'm saying.

I was literally about to say this exact same thing until I saw this post, exactly. The fact that it's punishable doesn't make a lick of difference with the absolute neutral control Scorpion exerts with this move.
Noob amp teleport is a launcher also. If you don't practice how to punish and when you will always be frustrated. I was beat by a Liu Kang who did a combo that jails the opponent on block. I had to lab & found a gap to poke.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
By this logic why is anything super negative. Why don't we just make shadow kick a mid launcher and hard to punish too. Practice makes perfect lol

Look at other easy full punish moves I bet 80% of them are half as good as scorpions teleport.

You're entirely missing the point.

What if a characters best punisher string is slower, folks should just lab for ages to maybe get a punish in the heat of the moment with a less optimal punisher because practice makes perfect lol
lol, I don't know what you're saying here. scorps tele is -20, if you can't punish it with a 7-8 frame move, i don't know what to tell you.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
nice, you need to lab your ass off and pull 2/3 frame punishes just to counter sh*tty scorpion players that do random teleports.

Then, you play against a decent player that just teleports on reaction and good luck trying to do anything
This. When looking at balance you should look at more than "this is technically beatable"

If one side of the interaction has to play 4th dimensional chess and be expected to hit micro second timing, while the other just has to slur their hand over the pad, there's a problem.

I think it would be easy to balance Scorp's TP cancels by making them consume more resources. Whether you think two def bars at a time, or a def and attack bar is up to you, but it's such a clean and easy way to make it less oppressive but still part of his tool kit I will not be shocked when it happens next patch.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Noob amp teleport is a launcher also. If you don't practice how to punish and when you will always be frustrated. I was beat by a Liu Kang who did a combo that jails the opponent on block. I had to lab & found a gap to poke.
Noob's teleport is a duckable high, 7 frames slower startup, 9 frames worse on block, and can't be amplified on block for a potentially launching mindgame.

We do all that to Scorpion's teleport and you won't hear another complaint from me.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
On one hand, I understand people’s complaints about Scorpion’s teleport essentially giving the finger to neutral in a game that is supposed to be all about neutral play. On the other hand, suppose Amp teleport was removed entirely; he would still give the finger to neutral. Teleport is a staple move of Scorpion and people are basically asking for Scorpion to not be Scorpion instead of labbing things. It’s not going anywhere.

That said, adjustments can and will undoubtedly be made in the future. I’m sure the complaints have been heard loud and clear by now. There’s no sense in parroting it every day when everyone should be coming together about how to deal with it in its current state.

My 2 cents. I’ll be in the lab...

kevkopdx

Noob
Lab and it would be quite fun...Of course you would feel this way if you didn't even try... people in the community told you something , and you just followed the opinion of the crowd like most, you sound defeated the way you're speaking , you don't even want to try..
Here’s my point: I’ve played a million scorpions already and even if I make the right reads or win the match, it is not fun to play against. Labbing it so I have a higher success rate isn’t going to make it more fun to me. So, there’s an even easier way around the move: quit!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You should be able to punish regular and EX Teleport every time, that much is true.

The rest is not relevant and or viable. For starters, good Scorpion players will just block after the cancel, it isn't punishable iirc. Especially because if it is a frame perfect punish you are going to get hit by the teleport attacks, as you have to wait in order to punish in case of an Amplify. In the video the bot blocks and then you use the string. That isn't really a punish.

The issue is not teleport and Amplify teleport, the issue is that he can cancel it to be safe, can cancel it into a throw, and can cancel it into 2 which leaves him plus.

Scorpion is like Sub for me in that he's not in my "needs nerfs now" tier. I think the teleport is great and makes him top tier but I think he will be more manageable as people get more experience vs. his offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.