What's new

If/When IGAU2 is made, what do you want to see in it?

Sami

Noob
I kinda support this. On this note, can somebody explain why super moves are so badly telegraphed in a lot of fighting games? And ofc I don't understand why it applies to IGAU. I don't think X-Rays were issue in MK9...
1) Hype.
2) They're powerful.
3) X-Rays weren't an issue because nobody did them due to 2/3 bars being vital for breakers. In IGAU you get 1 combo breaker per match each which costs 1 bar (out of 4) and some characters can happy sit on a full meter while still doing good damage.
4) Mainly hype. HERE COMES THE SUPER MOVE.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
1. Faster walk speed across the board. Promotes better footsies at high level play.
2. Less damage scaling on Super Moves. Greater reward is needed when used in combos given the amount of meter required.
3. Universal throws can bypass armor. Throws need more versatility against opponents who are using armor moves to both block (by absorbing hits) and attacking at the same time.
4. Bounce Cancels costs 1 meter but no longer absorb a hit or do extra damage (mb b3/f3 still have these properties). Promotes aggression since it is safe on block at the cost of meter, with this change, Block Cancel (Push Block) will see more usage in order to create space.
5. See The Joker sub-forum on how to fix this horrible character.

Last edited:

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
  • Add more characters (this is a no brainer).
  • +200% increased walk speed from IGAU. This game has no real footsies and zoning blows. It's really bad compared to everything else on the market because of the speed.
  • Shorter stages.
  • Balance stage interactables if they're keeping them. Examples would be Aquaman throne room where there's just nearly an equal amount of stuff on each side. Ultimately I'd rather see them removed and or put in a mainstream mode/option to remove using them.
  • Fix hit / hurt detection.
  • Fix input bugs.
  • Change the combat system up. I think the game has a groundwork but a lot of things just didn't work out. I'd like attack strings to be removed and people actually learn to link/juggle combos like other fighters. To an extent it's pretty scrubby pushing string xyz or abc because it's more useful than string 1234 and gets largely ignored. The combat isn't flexible. A lot of things start to get centralized around very few things.
  • I think this game could've been balanced more if they had some more quality location tests at different venues. Provided if they want to go that far aside from contracting "tournament" players to beta test and balance it at their studios. Despite IGAU being a console game, look at Capcom and their Ultra SFIV efforts. If they want to bring MK10 or IGAU2 to a bigger audience, I think this is necessary for a quality product. Never mind the sales, they have that in the bag and no doubt the DC license branding as helped them outsell probably even UMVC3/SF4 combined in the NA/EU regions (I am assuming).
  • Improved quality of life changes.
  • Stop balancing stuff around the stages interactables.
  • Faster post-fight stats/summary screens so we can rematch quicker.

I wonder if pll who are asking for smaller stages, faster walkspeeds, shorter dash's, less recovery on dash's, less dominant jumping atks, better aa's, complete redesigned of interactbles and etc are basically asking for game that's completely different from injustice? Some actually really like how injustice is design not me specifically but still if you were to incorporate these things in a sequel than all those who did enjoy injustice for what is basically lose out and that's not right unless there is proof majority wants these kind of changes. I think if you fundamentally don't like injustice is design than maybe the series isn't for you. Injustice was design to be completely different form traditional FGs.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
^
I think some people are just describing what looks more like MK10 here. Or some bastard child of one and SF (which I, being a scrub, strongly dislike :p ), not sure.

ando1184

Noob
I would like to see a battle log. Tekken and sf both have a function that records matches and let you go through and save the ones you wanna keep on your system. So it would be nice to see something like that as an added feature.

Sami

Noob
Dedicated servers for multiplayer. It's about time fighting games caught up with the rest of the world and stopped relying on peer-to-peer connections for multiplayer. KI I believe has dedicated servers and the netcode is wonderful for it - if somebody has a shit connection then they and only they get punished for it.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I think wake up pressure should be much more closely developed. Some characters have invincible, safe wake ups and some can pretty much only block. They wouldn't just make every wake up unsafe, but I was thinking they could add a mechanic similar to combo breaker countering in KI. Idk what the input would be, (maybe MB throw?) but if you perform it when the opponent wakes up, then they would be left in a stunned state for a full combo punish (maybe scaled damage though). If the opponent doesn't wake up, and they block the counter, then the counterer gets full combo punished. This is really a thing people will like or hate, but I think it's better than just "I'm BA so let me wake up cage because suck me" and "I'm Raven fuck." (not that something like this would actually make it into the game)

DinoPizzaria

Professional Twerking Choreographer
I want them to not listen to people braying for "more footsies." Footsies are basically a way to hedge your bets and try to control position or get little bits of damage without having to commit yourself to a specific option or make a choice that you could get blown up for. IGAU is specifically built to make you commit to your choices, and it doesn't need to be more SF like - if you want Street Fighter, play Street Fighter.

The only things I actually want are for them to hire new modelers so their women don't all look like they got hit by trucks, and a new composer so the music isn't unrelenting horrendous ass.
Best thing ever said by man.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
What is up with all the comparison to Street Fighter being used to counter what most of us want? Is that the only other game you guys have played with superior walk speed?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Yes, lets give everyone Raven's wake-up mechanics (not fully invincible on start-up, unsafe on block). That way nobody gets to get off the ground and the game turns into SF4 (with regards to oki).
You think the way the game is now promotes smart play? That when I knock someone down I deserve to be in a 50/50 situation where I have to guess on whether or not I should continue pressure off the knockdown I worked so hard for? That's stupid. It's honestly my biggest problem with injustice. You literally have people that only win because they will wake up all the time since the risk/reward is so heavily in their favor. You should never be awarded a 40% combo for getting knocked down. I love this game to death, and I'll continue to compete in it until it dies, but fuck it is braindead.

There's a reason SF4 is the most played fighting game. And I honestly wish I was at a level where I could compete in it.

Sami

Noob
You think the way the game is now promotes smart play? That when I knock someone down I deserve to be in a 50/50 situation where I have to guess on whether or not I should continue pressure off the knockdown I worked so hard for? That's stupid. It's honestly my biggest problem with injustice. You literally have people that only win because they will wake up all the time since the risk/reward is so heavily in their favor. You should never be awarded a 40% combo for getting knocked down. I love this game to death, and I'll continue to compete in it until it dies, but fuck it is braindead.

There's a reason SF4 is the most played fighting game. And I honestly wish I was at a level where I could compete in it.
Your hard work netted you the combo that put the opponent on the ground in the first place. If you want to be extra greedy and go for even more damage or pressure once you've got the opponent on the ground then you have to take the risk, much like (most) opponents take the risk when they do a wake-up attack. MB b3 blows up a lot of wake-ups, even those considered "safe".

With regards to SF4, hilariously Capcom themselves agree the current stake of oki in that game is fucked (not their words lol) which is why they're revamping the wake-up system in USF4 to get rid of guaranteed pressure (edit: and unblockables, and vortexes) on wake-up. The Capcom community mostly seems behind the change too. Also, I'm pretty sure Mahvel usually tops it for numbers.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I wonder if pll who are asking for smaller stages, faster walkspeeds, shorter dash's, less recovery on dash's, less dominant jumping atks, better aa's, complete redesigned of interactbles and etc are basically asking for game that's completely different from injustice? Some actually really like how injustice is design not me specifically but still if you were to incorporate these things in a sequel than all those who did enjoy injustice for what is basically lose out and that's not right unless there is proof majority wants these kind of changes. I think if you fundamentally don't like injustice is design than maybe the series isn't for you. Injustice was design to be completely different form traditional FGs.
^
I think some people are just describing what looks more like MK10 here. Or some bastard child of one and SF (which I, being a scrub, strongly dislike :p ), not sure.
No, if you minimized the stage and sped up walking there would be more activity going instead of walking into chip damage or dashing face first into a combo launcher. If you want to make the promote smarter play, I think starting with a fundamental change like this helps drastically. It will get people to attack more, defend more, and make more hasty decisions in offense and defense much more. Balance is definitely delicate... characters like Raven and Sinestro faster walk speeds but less stage space to back peddle, there's a higher emphasis on playing in the middle 90% of the stage and not get cornered. It would also promote them to possibly play more offensively and keep their zoning active rather than backpeddling a lot.

THIS game promotes a lot of backpeddling from the get go, so that's why you have so many scrubs online in this game losing to very basic things because they have to chase chase chase and dash right into combo launchers very often and hang themselves.

But I mean... not everything is about trying to make Injustice try to play like the other real competitive fighting games on the market. God forbid anybody wanted to make helpful suggestions on a sequel. Nope.

Last edited:

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm not the best at these things, but.. I like how you can smoothly transition from ground to air (insert stuff) and back..
guy, you need to come back to PSN lol you wanna play some games this thursday?

BTW, I'm really hoping they go more deeper with characters like Cyborg, Joker and NW. They did a great job with everyone else but I feel like these characters will be in the bottom ten of the list just because they don't have enough tools overcome certain match ups. Give Joker a trait that would make you change how you play your game. I've seen Emperor Dark work Joker's trait better than anyone especially in the BG match up, but Joker deserves a better trait and better walk speed. Cyborg only has like 3-4 special moves I feel like they spent 20 minutes creating his whole character design. NW should be more air based like Sadira in KI, jumping for NW is suicide in certain match ups like Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Catwoman, MMH, Deathstroke. It makes a lot of sense for NW to possess tools like a Double Jump and Cyborg's grapple to his slow jump. He's a god damn acrobatic for christ sakes, make him move like one.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
guy, you need to come back to PSN lol you wanna play some games this thursday?

BTW, I'm really hoping they go more deeper with characters like Cyborg, Joker and NW. They did a great job with everyone else but I feel like these characters will be in the bottom ten of the list just because they don't have enough tools overcome certain match ups. Give Joker a trait that would make you change how you play your game. I've seen Emperor Dark work Joker's trait better than anyone especially in the BG match up, but Joker deserves a better trait and better walk speed. Cyborg only has like 3-4 special moves I feel like they spent 20 minutes creating his whole character design. NW should be more air based like Sadira in KI, jumping for NW is suicide in certain match ups like Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Catwoman, MMH, Deathstroke. It makes a lot of sense for NW to possess tools like a Double Jump and Cyborg's grapple to his slow jump. He's a god damn acrobatic for christ sakes, make him move like one.
Too bad they're done with Injustice.