What's new

If/When IGAU2 is made, what do you want to see in it?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
When people mention "footies" they generally mean normals, both baiting them and punishing wiffs or unsafe block strings. That's great and all, except generally the quickest moves is a d1 (6 frames if you're lucky) which has fuck all range, and most long-range normals are 10-15 frames. There are a few exceptions - Superman's f2, Grundy's d2, Doomsday's d1 spring to mind - and those normals are utterly amazing. In addition, most normals have quite a short range and Injustice has very large stages so the characters are often spaced much further apart, mostly using special moves to get close and start pressure.

Compare an Injustice character's start-up frame data to this: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/nov/13/ryu-frame-data-street-fighter-4/ 3 frame start-ups and you'll see why "better footsies" isn't about the player's getting better. Most wiffed normals (hell even a lot of blocked ones) are impossible to punish due to high start-up frames on said punishes. Again, some characters have normals or specials which get around this. Injustice is not a footsie-orientated game. This is not a bad thing (I prefer this kind of style to SF's instant-everything) but saying people need to level up when the game doesn't support that kind of play is daft.
Following that train of thought, isn't them asking for "better" footsies asking for them to change the game to be more like street fighter? It's different, and while some people inevitably won't like it different doesn't have to mean bad.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Better walkspeed, Rounds, and doing away with that terrible, terrible god awful clash system.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
guy, you need to come back to PSN lol you wanna play some games this thursday?

BTW, I'm really hoping they go more deeper with characters like Cyborg, Joker and NW. They did a great job with everyone else but I feel like these characters will be in the bottom ten of the list just because they don't have enough tools overcome certain match ups. Give Joker a trait that would make you change how you play your game. I've seen Emperor Dark work Joker's trait better than anyone especially in the BG match up, but Joker deserves a better trait and better walk speed. Cyborg only has like 3-4 special moves I feel like they spent 20 minutes creating his whole character design. NW should be more air based like Sadira in KI, jumping for NW is suicide in certain match ups like Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Catwoman, MMH, Deathstroke. It makes a lot of sense for NW to possess tools like a Double Jump and Cyborg's grapple to his slow jump. He's a god damn acrobatic for christ sakes, make him move like one.
I gets the internet back on Tuesday... Can't wait to bf1 you to death with Cyborg. :p

NTN

Noob
Darkseid. Universal faster walkspeed and shorter dashes. The option to choose rounds FT2 etc. And Nightwings flying grayson to be an overhead, regular staffspin +on block again:)

Error

DF2+R2
You think the way the game is now promotes smart play? That when I knock someone down I deserve to be in a 50/50 situation where I have to guess on whether or not I should continue pressure off the knockdown I worked so hard for? That's stupid. It's honestly my biggest problem with injustice. You literally have people that only win because they will wake up all the time since the risk/reward is so heavily in their favor. You should never be awarded a 40% combo for getting knocked down. I love this game to death, and I'll continue to compete in it until it dies, but fuck it is braindead.

There's a reason SF4 is the most played fighting game. And I honestly wish I was at a level where I could compete in it.
Somewhere, a Batcunt player is laughing while mashing batwheel. The stupidest wake-up move I've ever seen.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Better walkspeed, Rounds, and doing away with that terrible, terrible god awful clash system.
I don't mind the clash, I wished it worked like bursts in anime games. It just sucks that it resets positioning to the center. It needs to just not reposition people that's all. It makes the stage length way more noticeable for chasing and that's why I'd hope to see it get shortened if a sequel happens and they retain stuff from this version.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Darkseid. Universal faster walkspeed and shorter dashes. The option to choose rounds FT2 etc. And Nightwings flying grayson to be an overhead, regular staffspin +on block again:)
Nightwings dead.

Gone forever.

Tim Drake is the future.

Reactions: NTN

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
He's in prison for being a shithead.

Also he's dead in normal comic book land, so DC will probably want NRS to shy away from him.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
He's in prison for being a shithead.

Also he's dead in normal comic book land, so DC will probably want NRS to shy away from him.
Meh, Injustice 2 could have all sorts of nonsense with different universes. Also I doubt Damian will be dead for long.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I gets the internet back on Tuesday... Can't wait to bf1 you to death with Cyborg. :p
lol I picked up Cyborg, too bad my PS3 controller's square button isn't 100%, it doesnt work all the times I press the button. I think i broke it from either it falling so much OR practicing Cyborg.

Get ready for my dick tho!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I don't mind the clash, I wished it worked like bursts in anime games. It just sucks that it resets positioning to the center. It needs to just not reposition people that's all. It makes the stage length way more noticeable for chasing and that's why I'd hope to see it get shortened if a sequel happens and they retain stuff from this version.
the problem is that u can get punished for using ur breaker.....like wtf.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Spoiler for the Injustice comic book.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Kyle Rayner for Injustice 2