What's new

If/When IGAU2 is made, what do you want to see in it?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What do you want to see in it? Any change from any perspective.

Figure since Injustice updates are pretty much done, would be a good idea to ask now.

Some changes I would like to see in a sequel...
- Improved footsies. I think this game's footsies are somewhat lacking due to a lot of poor range. IMO everyone should have a somewhat safe mid range poke in a general area speed-wise. (Block advantage can vary)
- Better AA's, self explanatory

- Better walk speed. Made whiff punishing more difficult than it already is unless you have an obnoxiously good whiff punish move.

- I would really like to see the bounce system improved. As tools themselves they generally should have been faster all around (KF/GL range, no slower than DS'). As MB cancels... I don't know, let you cancel into moves instantly. Maybe nullify damage for one hit to improve anti interactable usage.

- On a related note, I think push block should leave you at small advantage. Being neutral is kind of annoying because it's all took easy for some to get right back in.

Discuss, I'd really like to hear other thoughts on this. :)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I would like them to abandon the environmental hazards and items.

They were cool at first, and they are a neat idea, but I feel like the game has suffered a lot because of them.

Specifically the whole walk speed, stages being too big, huge distance between characters, this all feels like a product of the environmental hazards.
Stages have to be very big to accommodate all the items scattered around the stage, and the characters have to be smaller and farther apart so you can actually use the items and see them. If the camera was too zoomed in, the stuff would be vary hard to see and be able to react to.

Or the other option is too keep them and just make the game crazier, everyone faster, dash cancels, everyone has an air dash, super fast mobility, like a Marvel game, and have the hazards just be combo extensions.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I want them to not listen to people braying for "more footsies." Footsies are basically a way to hedge your bets and try to control position or get little bits of damage without having to commit yourself to a specific option or make a choice that you could get blown up for. IGAU is specifically built to make you commit to your choices, and it doesn't need to be more SF like - if you want Street Fighter, play Street Fighter.

The only things I actually want are for them to hire new modelers so their women don't all look like they got hit by trucks, and a new composer so the music isn't unrelenting horrendous ass.

I would definetly like to see longer range for pokes, possibly increased walkspeed...either that or some sort of dash cancel to make whiff punishing easier (cancel dash with normals, cancel dash with db or fb, etc.). You can't go wrong with better movement IMO. Although I do respect NRS for making the movement different from other games. :)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I want them to not listen to people braying for "more footsies." Footsies are basically a way to hedge your bets and try to control position or get little bits of damage without having to commit yourself to a specific option or make a choice that you could get blown up for. IGAU is specifically built to make you commit to your choices, and it doesn't need to be more SF like - if you want Street Fighter, play Street Fighter.

The only things I actually want are for them to hire new modelers so their women don't all look like they got hit by trucks, and a new composer so the music isn't unrelenting horrendous ass.
nobody said more footsies

I never really got the increased walk speed thing. Only thing I can figure is that folks don't want ranged attacks to be as effective, when the game is obviously meant to have effective ranged attacks. Someone did a thread where they timed it out and even a slow character could walk from one side of the stage to the other in a few seconds. Most of the cast can walk from one side of Atlantis to the other in under 4 seconds. How fast should walk really be? If you like Rushdown and think Zoning is BS, then I suppose increased walk speeds is a way to achieve that, but I think NRS didn't cave to the cries for increased walk speed on purpose.

What I'd like: more characters, more skins, better graphics. I also wish that when you completed a battle it put a check next to that battle.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'd like to see the controls tightened up a bit. At times, Injustice can feel a bit unresponsive and sluggish to me. An improved color scheme, hit effects, lighting, etc. would be welcome too.

Oh, and Poison Ivy. She needs to happen so I can have my sirens.

jaym7018

Noob
How about 2 traits to choose between kinda like sf4 and ultras. This adds depth to the game and could potentially make mus very interesting. Of course this means balancing 50+ different traits.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I never really got the increased walk speed thing. Only thing I can figure is that folks don't want ranged attacks to be as effective, when the game is obviously meant to have effective ranged attacks. Someone did a thread where they timed it out and even a slow character could walk from one side of the stage to the other in a few seconds. Most of the cast can walk from one side of Atlantis to the other in under 4 seconds. How fast should walk really be? If you like Rushdown and think Zoning is BS, then I suppose increased walk speeds is a way to achieve that, but I think NRS didn't cave to the cries for increased walk speed on purpose.

What I'd like: more characters, more skins, better graphics. I also wish that when you completed a battle it put a check next to that battle.
zoning sucks in this game lol.

it's a way to improve a character's ability to whiff punish moves when they don't have quite as good footsie tools as certain people. but obviously zoning would function differently if walk speeds were better.

being able to walk from one end to the other means what? the screen is big, walking has start up acceleration, and nobody's gonna just let you walk in on them like that, so you're usually forced to dash to cover any significant range.

don't take me out of context and assume I'm saying everyone should have lightning walk speed, no. It should remain in the same ratio as is but.... faster. Just a little.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
How about 2 traits to choose between kinda like sf4 and ultras. This adds depth to the game and could potentially make mus very interesting. Of course this means balancing 50+ different traits.
I think having multiple ultras would be easier to do.

would be interesting to see how NRS develops a more involved meter system.

jaym7018

Noob
I dont think walk speed is a problem. The problem is how long it takes to get to full walk speed. Do away with the acceleration.

Reactions: RYX

jaym7018

Noob
I think having multiple ultras would be easier to do.

would be interesting to see how NRS develops a more involved meter system.
All the supers are the same though. In sf4 the different ultras really effect mus.giving doomsday another super wouldnt really change anything.

haketh

Noob
I dont think walk speed is a problem. The problem is how long it takes to get to full walk speed. Do away with the acceleration.
Yeah acceleration is one big part of the problem. The screen pulling so far back is another.

One of the main things I'd like to see is more diversification not only between Gadget, Power, and Acrobat but between the characters themselves. Flesh it out a good bit more.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All the supers are the same though. In sf4 the different ultras really effect mus.giving doomsday another super wouldnt really change anything.
make them not the same, then, give them a purpose outside of flashiness

zoning sucks in this game lol.

it's a way to improve a character's ability to whiff punish moves when they don't have quite as good footsie tools as certain people. but obviously zoning would function differently if walk speeds were better.

being able to walk from one end to the other means what? the screen is big, walking has start up acceleration, and nobody's gonna just let you walk in on them like that, so you're usually forced to dash to cover any significant range.

don't take me out of context and assume I'm saying everyone should have lightning walk speed, no. It should remain in the same ratio as is but.... faster. Just a little.
Well, that does sound reasonable. This is actually the first time I ever heard someone explain it this way: very slightly increased walk speed (or better acceleration) to allow for decent whiff punishing. In about six months now of people complaining about walk speed being too slow, it was generally in the context of the same people complaining about how the ranged attacks were too good on such big stages or just the three words "increased walk speed!" and leaving it at that.