What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yes or no, and why?
No, Kabal is fine, you would have to buff other characters, not nerf Kabal because the fact is that there are still tons of stupid shit like:
Landslide MU's between other characters...
Almost everyone having a huge issue against Kenshi.
Characters with Armour, great pokes and fast mids also having small hit boxes.
Characters with shitty mids or no armour or no counter poke game - due to shitty mids (The poke doesn't mean anything if opponent can just cross you up after a hit D3, Raiden for example)
Cyrax/smoke resets.
Invincibility on wake ups (No need for it in the game at all)
Only getting up from the ground with a delay, roll or wake up...(why no more options?)
The frame advantage for pokes on standing hit should be much larger, also make pokes on block more punishable, there needs to be more consequence to non hit confirms.
Characters with great mids and highs being also given the same speed uppercuts but giving shang, sub, ermac, raiden for example shitty uppercuts along with slow mids.
Characters with great ways to escape pressure, fast mids, boss pokes also having armour...
Special moves that advance being only -3 on block...(sonya cartwheel, Cyrax Reverse Kick)
Characters having projectiles that are so slow they are unusable. (Jade, Nightwolf, Cyber Sub, Baraka, Raiden, Rain)
Nightwolf having a reflect that doesn't reflect.
Chaining specials from pokes with great cancel advantage, why is this possible (You can poke someone on block and punish them with a special for confirming your block...)

This game shouldn't be played on a fundamental level, it should just be Kabal, Kenshi and Kung Lao to the death.

The only thing that should change about Kabal is cancel-able armour, and drop the damage on his AIF's.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wakeup invincibility not needed in the game? This game is already offensive enough.

Wakeup invincibility not needed in the game? This game is already offensive enough.
wakeup attacks are one of the things that are great about this game. you dont want people to knock you down and get their braindead offense on you, make them guess.

Death

Noob
Have you lost your mind?
He's right. The pokes is pretty scrubby concept at the moment. You can mash d3 or d1 on block and follow it up with normals. It works most of the time and can only punish them on read. For this to be balance they would have to make pokes have much more adv on hit. Especially to standing opponents

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wow please stop playing online. Death you of all people should know better. You hate Johnny Cage. If there was a version of this game were pokes were even more punishable than they are now 15 minutes of playing Dizzy would have you SCREAMING for the regular version. For christ's sake you play Sonya, you can punish d+1 on block with a full combo already. Get out of here.

B Pryme

Noob
I think it's funny how people are complaining about Kabal and Kenshi like they're god tier, when only reo and pig of the hut make top 8's with them consistently. The characters aren't the problem it's these god damn players, imagine if dizzy used kenshi, shit would be over...

THTB

These suggestions just turn the game into all out offense, where your only defense is meter or relying on timing your block releases because you will be too afraid to interrupt something with a low reward option that is combo punish on block easily. That's ridiculous.

RoGE

Noob
My only problem with wake up attacks is the fact that they gave the invincibility to EVERY special. Some wakeup attacks do not need reversal properties, it can create a dumb guessing game in some situations.

THTB

My only problem with wake up attacks is the fact that they gave the invincibility to EVERY special. Some wakeup attacks do not need reversal properties, it can create a dumb guessing game in some situations.
The problem is too many specials are available as WUAs. Some shouldn't be, some should be.

They had it right with some characters, such as Rain and Reptile. But they went nuts with the wrong characters.

RoGE

Noob
The problem is too many specials are available as WUAs. Some shouldn't be, some should be.

They had it right with some characters, such as Rain and Reptile. But they went nuts with the wrong characters.
Yeah that's what I mean, I feel like it should have been tested more with some moves.

Flagg

Noob
I think REO wants everyone to just admit what he already knows, and that Kabal is flat out broken. People are just too stubborn to admit it.

I think REO wants everyone to just admit what he already knows, and that Kabal is flat out broken. People are just too stubborn to admit it.
What's broken? All he has is every string + on block, machine gun iagb that leads to combo/standing reset, safe 50/50, and safe flash parry armor.

luis

WLK_FENIX
even if kabal was banned o nerfed, the people that always asking for this, will loose against others characters. A good player can defeat Kabal using any character of mk9, always there is a way to defeat kabal...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think it's funny how people are complaining about Kabal and Kenshi like they're god tier, when only reo and pig of the hut make top 8's with them consistently. The characters aren't the problem it's these god damn players, imagine if dizzy used kenshi, shit would be over...
Kenshi is his secondary. Although he only uses him vs. Pig that I have seen.