What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

Depends on what would be nerfed. Like I said in the shoutbox, I think the best thing that would happen to MK9 is if they were to get rid of all armor in the game.

As for Kabal, honestly, the only thing I would nerf is the instant air gas blast. That move needs way more recovery frames.

NKZero

Noob
People need to seriously stop complaining about Kabal at this stage. You've had enough time to learn the character considering everyone and their grandmother choose him nowadays. Once you learn the frame data on NDC it's not that hard to poke out provided you make intelligent reads during the course of the match. Also it's not hard to crouch block and advance to avoid iaGB "spamming".

The only issue I have with Kabal is the speed with which he builds meter...but it isn't game-breaking. You just have to work extra hard to beat this character.

Oh and to answer the question....NO! People would find ways to complain about Kenshi otherwise or Kung Lao (who apparently is out of the top 10 now lol) or Cyrax and Smoke (damage-wise) etc.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
No..... you would also have to nerf other characters like kenshi.... and then if that happened, characters like jc or sonya would run this game. Just leave it be.

Flagg

Noob
I think the only thing people dont like about Kabal is the insane instant air gas blast pressure. They could nerf that and he'd still be godlike.

There is far worse scrubby shit in the game like Kenshi, Cage and Sonya.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I dont think he needs nerfed. If you are willing to put in the time to get his execution down, you deserve the reward of the best character in the game.plus kabal was the best in umk3 the only difference is every character has access to run jabbing in that game, even if kabals is better. Hes a beast deal with it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The only issue I have with Kabal is the speed with which he builds meter...but it isn't game-breaking. You just have to work extra hard to beat this character.
That's all I would want from a Kabal nerf.
Just reduce the amount of meter he gains from Gas Blast, and Nomad Dash, Significantly.
Maybe remove the armor on his EXND, but the nerf to meter would probably solve that problem anyway.

I don't really consider Kabal the problem when it comes to the games "scrubbyness".

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
As has already been said, if Kabal is nerfed, players will call for the next best character to be nerfed.

And c'mon, the game has evolved so much at this point, it's been proven time and again that Kabal isn't unbeatable. He doesn't even scare me all that much - unless I'm playing REO.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Depends on what would be nerfed. Like I said in the shoutbox, I think the best thing that would happen to MK9 is if they were to get rid of all armor in the game.

As for Kabal, honestly, the only thing I would nerf is the instant air gas blast. That move needs way more recovery frames.
No armor just makes offense in this game better than it already is.

Also you guys are on crack for saying Kabal needs no nerfs. A lot of characters do, honestly. And a lot need buffs. That or just buff everyone to Kabal level...which makes for a messy game unless you build the entire game around being broke as fuck.

NariTuba

disMember
imho iagb recovery is a little silly. If they added a couple of frames to it he would still probably be n1, but some of the more lopsided matchups would become more competitive and fun.

On a side note, I also wonder what MK9 would be like without armor (or at least without armor that leads to full combo). Thats a game Id like to see.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
No armor just makes offense in this game better than it already is.

Also you guys are on crack for saying Kabal needs no nerfs. A lot of characters do, honestly. And a lot need buffs. That or just buff everyone to Kabal level...which makes for a messy game unless you build the entire game around being broke as fuck.

Im sorry thtb did you say somethin about crack? Theres somethin you dont know about me thtb! I smoke rock!