What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This appiles to non-armored moves too, for example, why should Kabal's buzzsaw be full combo punishable? Sounds like nothing but matchup induced salt to me.
I don't know where you got non-armored moves out of it. I'd argue the full combo punishable point(Hi, I'm Noob Saibot), but you die when you whiff a spear anywhere on the screen. :p

luis

WLK_FENIX
i play with jade, and i can defeat kabal sometimes, but i have to loose many matchs against kabal to known how fight vs kabal and today can win to very good players that use kabal, but its better the easy way for the players that use kano, "nerfed kabal", and then they will want nerfed kung lao, sonya, cyrax...

After 20 pages, no one has been realistic about the situation NRS is in. So I'll say it:

Everyone has forgotten that it makes the most sense for NRS to balance games for the majority of the players that play them.

It's an issue that you can't get around, no matter how you try; what sense does it make for NRS to take a character that's not a problem in the hands of 99% of players, and make him worse. Obviously as competitively-minded players we're focused on tools that the top 1% of players can use effectively; but in reality, if a character like Kano was made better than he is, he'd completely dominate online and most matches with players of a regular skill level.

People saying stuff like 'get rid of armor' are forgetting that most of the couple million players that bought this game still have problems fighting spamming Sindels, Noobs, and Kitanas.. This is part of the reason armor was introduced, as it gives people that are not experts at making their way through 'cheap' tactics a way to fight back.

So, this is a problem that we still need some discussion around: how to make a consumer-friendly game that is still reasonable in competitive play. It's not as easy as people make it out to be.
The fix is to put armor on knock down moves and not launchers.

Reactions: RYX

SLy

Noob
Next up After kabal is Kenshi..Another Character thats fucking ridiculous.. But will the game still be scrubby if kabal was nerfed??

Yes and No.
No one can convincingly go toe to toe with this guy. But however if he was nerfed It still wouldnt change anything major anyway.. We cant act like all we see in top 8 placings are Kabal although I firmly believe if we wanted to we can... But we dont. The community would never allow it.

We have more optimistic people than tier whores really..Dont know any other way to put it.

I don't really understand what the big deal about Kabal is...He has a tiny move list, so I never really got into him. And I guess it's because I've never seen anyone play him at a ridiculous level. I still see Kitanas, Cages, and Laos all the time online, and those who play them well are the ones who consistently give me real fights. I don't really think anyone needs nerfing, though. Jade could use a slight damage buff, and her U3 needs to hit low again.

SLy

Noob
I don't really understand what the big deal about Kabal is...He has a tiny move list, so I never really got into him. And I guess it's because I've never seen anyone play him at a ridiculous level. I still see Kitanas, Cages, and Laos all the time online, and those who play them well are the ones who consistently give me real fights. I don't really think anyone needs nerfing, though. Jade could use a slight damage buff, and her U3 needs to hit low again.
Her U3 is fine.. She just needs re adjustments in her strings really.