What's new

I2 Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Why does no one using this character use the lightning bomb? I THINK I've found a way to get it out safely, and it leads to JUICY damage in the corner. Food for thought, here is a corner concept I made:
I think main reason is because its slow to come out, so if a good deadshot (or anyone for that matter) sees that your throwing that out, they're gonna wake up. And I might be speaking out of my ass, but idk if black adam has enough time to block that wakeup. ive been working on midscreen stuff, but nothing awesome yet that is set in stone

I think main reason is because its slow to come out, so if a good deadshot (or anyone for that matter) sees that your throwing that out, they're gonna wake up. And I might be speaking out of my ass, but idk if black adam has enough time to block that wakeup. ive been working on midscreen stuff, but nothing awesome yet that is set in stone
The only way to get a guaranteed orb is via ex black magic , In the corner I've been doing xx starter trait 22b1 nj1 22b1 ex black magic close orb , one of the things I'd do is b2 df1 , on block you'll do it then the orb will explode giving you enough + frames to jail stuff and on hit it nets you a full combo because of the orb explosion also something I should start doing is when i start conditioning id do f3 but hold it , So they become confused if the orb or f3 is hitting first also another thing ive seen some people do is that they'd block after they land the orb and if the opponent wakes up they pushblock them onto the bomb , giving free + frames and potentially launching at times. There's some neat mid screen stuff that I'm looking into aswell and I'm willing to bet that doing stuff like raw divekick would work on block considering the orb would explode slightly after making it +

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Found a pretty unreliable way to get extra damage off a standing d2, might be good in the aquaman matchup to squeeze out extra damage - d2 f12xx4 j1xxdf3 f12 1+3

for AA d2, still probably better to do j3xxdf3 etc.

Also, what have people been doing off of b12? All I have is:

b12xx4 f12 f12 f12 1+3 midscreen
b12xx4 j2xxdf3 f12 1+3 corner

stosn

Noob
Found a pretty unreliable way to get extra damage off a standing d2, might be good in the aquaman matchup to squeeze out extra damage - d2 f12xx4 j1xxdf3 f12 1+3

Also, what have people been doing off of b12? All I have is:
d2-4, j2-df3, f12, f12 1+3

b12-4, df3, f12 1+3

max damage corner trait divekick combos with b23 ender tested on Batman:
Ex divekick , short divekick f12 trait 13 black magic(db1) b23 2 (550.60) pretty hard to do

Ex divekick nj1 short divekick f12 trait b23 2 (520.07)

Ex divekick , short divekick f12 trait 11 black magic(db1) b23 2 (506.19)

Last edited:
any tips on getting the j3 into dive kick after the b3?
dive kick doesn't seem to come out when i buffer it.
if I wait a bit after the j3 hits I get it to come out more consistently, but not consistently enough to be BnB.
I play on hitbox

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Anyone want to share some corner cross up combos? I'm sure there are some in here, but I've gone through a couple pages and haven't found them, figured this would be easier. Thanks in advance!

protools27

Rebel without a scene
any tips on getting the j3 into dive kick after the b3?
dive kick doesn't seem to come out when i buffer it.
if I wait a bit after the j3 hits I get it to come out more consistently, but not consistently enough to be BnB.
I play on hitbox
I play on hitbox as well. I do the b3, then do ji, then hit the 3 in the air, then immediately do DF3. Works every time. I have a harder time doing f12 after the dive kick to end the combo.

I play on hitbox as well. I do the b3, then do ji, then hit the 3 in the air, then immediately do DF3. Works every time. I have a harder time doing f12 after the dive kick to end the combo.
oh I been doing the Ji and 3 pretty much as one input.
will give this a try.
crazy how good he's

It's not a similar problem, its the same problem. The string is not bugged, what is happening is that Adam is considered airborne during the 2 of f12, so he cannot cancel into wall bounce. Notice how if Adam gets hit out of f12 by one of the characters that can make it fully whiff, he will be airborne despite the player using anything that launches.

Who knows if its intended, but I don't think I'd call it a bug.
Ah

It's not a similar problem, its the same problem. The string is not bugged, what is happening is that Adam is considered airborne during the 2 of f12, so he cannot cancel into wall bounce. Notice how if Adam gets hit out of f12 by one of the characters that can make it fully whiff, he will be airborne despite the player using anything that launches.

Who knows if its intended, but I don't think I'd call it a bug.
Then how is he able to cancel into black magic and lightning cage if hes considered airborne? Thats why i think its a bug

Error

DF2+R2
Anyone want to share some corner cross up combos? I'm sure there are some in here, but I've gone through a couple pages and haven't found them, figured this would be easier. Thanks in advance!
-grounded starter x trait 22b1 nj1 db3 13/11xxblack magic b232
if you've already confirmed into black magic in the corner then:
-f3 nj3 far divekick 13
If you're going for big boy damage:
-starter into trait f12xxdf3mb nj3xxfar divekick 13/11xxblack magic b232

Ending with 13 at this gravity allows f3 to cross up if timed right, instant air df3 will cross up, dash up neutral jump will cross up.

ending with b232 in any combo will set up the cross-up instant divekick
ending in b233 switches sides, doesn't work on Scarecrow for some reason
ending with f2/ f23 can also set up similar oki, but I haven't messed with it much

Cintax

Noob
I've been having issues reliably landing the f12 at the end of the BnB combo (f12xx4 f12xxdb3MB b3 ji3df3 f12 1+3). I've tried all sorts of different timings, but I can only land that last part about 3 out of 10 attempts.

If anyone has any timing tips, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks.

What's the highest damage you guys could get in the corner with 1 bar? I found one that does 640 dmg ( on 1250 health) so around 52% , inputs are f12 trait ex short divekick, f3 j3 df3 f12 1+3

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Found a way to connect b23 in the 1 bar combo for more damage. Combo reads:

f12xx4 f12xxMBdb1 b3 j3xxdf3 b23 1+3

You have to walk forward after the MBdb1 so that your opponent is above you before initiating the b3, and you need to catch them pretty much at the top of the b3 hitbox. Does about 2% more damage than the f12 1+3 ender.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Labbing on Superman:
f12~trait; f12~db1 MB; b3; j3~df3; f12 1+3 [396.95dmg]
f12~db1 MB; b3; j3~df3; f12 1+3 [397.49dmg]

Orbs are a defensive/frame trap tool only right now.

Kunta

Meta-Whore
Actually if you end with f12~4, f12 1+3 it does about 20-30 more damage than if you use them at the beginning of the bnb. No good for hit-confirming, but maybe for punishing.
Look at my comment above you

Edit:
Adding another tech:
Full screen: DB1 MB; Dash; JI3~DB3; F12 1+3 (some where in the 250-300 range on supes)
Mid screen Meterless most damage: F12; 4; 22B1; F12~DB1; F12 1+3 (second 2 in "22B1" whiffs from certain ranges always when missing F1 sometimes even when landing it. Also the F12 after launcher takes a bit of labbing to get down.)
Mid screen Meterless no whiff: F12; 4; B23 1+3

Last edited:

Shaka

Tier Whore.
When MB DB1 does more damage than MB DB3 in combos there's really not need to use db3 in combos ever. Too bad db3 looks more stylish than db1.

f12 BC, B3, J3DK, F12trait, F12 throw does 550%
not bad for a punisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.