What's new

I2 Black Adam Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickOneTime

Bling Bling
So what are people doing after the dive kick mix up hits? Combos seem a little weird since it hits so low and deep. Best I've found is mb dive kick (either), nj1 xx close dive kick, nj 1 xx far dive kick, f12, 13. Good for 457 and back into the mix up. 501 if you throw trait in after the f12
What character are you using as the dummy? I'm having a pretty hard time connecting the 13 after f12
Ok so after going back and trying to record I've had absolutely zero luck recreating it. I have no idea how I was hitting this consistently before, but its obviously situational or else it should have been a breeze. Omit the f12 and its good for 409 back into the mix up, still not bad. You can also get 427 if you do nj3 xx far dive, f12 13 but its sketch off of the front side mix up and I'd rather just use the same combo for both

Ok so after going back and trying to record I've had absolutely zero luck recreating it. I have no idea how I was hitting this consistently before, but its obviously situational or else it should have been a breeze. Omit the f12 and its good for 409 back into the mix up, still not bad. You can also get 427 if you do nj3 xx far dive, f12 13 but its sketch off of the front side mix up and I'd rather just use the same combo for both

I don't think it's possible to do 13 after f12. Maybe you did it without the f12?

With no trait: ex dk nj1 short dk ji1 short dk 13 , does like 40% on superman .

Trait: ex dk , b2 trait nj1 short dk 13 , 42%. -

or ex dk , short dk f12 trait 13 db1 b232 ( like 49% on superman) (pretty strict)

and you're still plus enough to get a dk crossup setup if they don't delay.

Last edited:
Pretty simple post ba combos here.

Starters: f12, b2, 11, 22 - most of the time you will use f12, use b2 when mixing in the overhead.

Parenthesis are used to indicate when you can and should use trait for better damage and hit confirming.
A lot of the f12 1+3 enders can be exchanged with b23 1+3 for a tiny bit of extra damage for a little more execution.

Midscreen:

Meterless:

112xxdb1 iadf3 f12 1+3
22b1 f12 1+3
(starterxx4) starterxxdb1 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3
22b1xx4 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3

1 bar:

starterxxMBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3
MBb3/f3 ji3xxdf3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3
wakeup MBdb3 b3 ji3xxdf3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3

d2 conversions:

d2 f12 (f12xx4) f12 1+3
d2 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3

divekick conversions:

MBdf3 df3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3
MBdf3 dash f12(xx4 f12) 1+3

Corner:

(starterxx4) starter db1 f3 ji3xxdf3 f12 1+3
(starterxx4) 22b1 j1xxdb3 f12 f12 1+3
(starterxx4) 22b1 j1xxdb3 22b1xxdb1 b23 1+3
MBdf3/db3 ji3xxdf3 f12(xx4 f12) 1+3
Is that a instant air dive kick for the first meterless combo. If so how is it executed on D pad.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
ALRIGHT! So i found these two B&Bs, midscreen is your optimal midscreen conversion for no bar. Second one is a ton of damage, worth learning.
Midscreen
*Starter* xx 4, 22B1, F12, F12 1+3

Corner
22B1 xx 4, F3, J3 xx DF3/DB3, F12 1+3

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
First one do not work vs charater like firestorm or robin or fate ( little men )
you can do it on them but only one F12 and you have to time it weirdly AND walk forward a bit. on those guys just do what you've been doing. it works on every other character tho.

ALRIGHT! So i found these two B&Bs, midscreen is your optimal midscreen conversion for no bar. Second one is a ton of damage, worth learning.
Midscreen
*Starter* xx 4, 22B1, F12, F12 1+3

Corner
22B1 xx 4, F3, J3 xx DF3/DB3, F12 1+3
How much does the second one do? 22b1xx4 ji3 dk f12 1+3 is the optimal

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Hi guys. After finally laming out each character to level 20 (OCD lol) I am now trying to really learn the ins and outs of the characters I like.

I am working on Black Adam and while I can get a lot of the ones in the OP there are a couple that I am having trouble with.

The 112xxdb1 iadf3 f12 1+3 is giving me trouble with the instant air divekick, sometimes I can get it to connect (Not often) but when I finally do the f12 string seems to want to whiff, or yet the character is too low for it to connect properly.

The second combo of the D2 conversions I can't seem to get the jump kick to come out in time after the d2, Adam feels like he is glued to the ground and by the time he does jump the kick won't connect.

And lastly all of the MB divekick conversions, I just can't seem to be quick enough to get anything to connect after the mb divekick

Any tips or suggestions that can help me get these down? I play on a standard PS4 Dualshock controller with the dpad btw. I know it's a lot but I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least ask lol

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
The second combo of the D2 conversions I can't seem to get the jump kick to come out in time after the d2, Adam feels like he is glued to the ground and by the time he does jump the kick won't connect.
Make sure you aren't trying to do this on a grounded opponent. The first one works grounded, the second one must be an AA, as it launches your opponent much higher.

As for your other questions, most of it comes down with really becoming comfortable with instant air dive kicking, and being able to execute them as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Make sure you aren't trying to this on a grounded opponent. The first one works grounded, the second one must be an AA, as it launches your opponent much higher.

As for your other questions, most of it comes down with really becoming comfortable with instant air dive kicking, and being able to execute them as fast as possible.
Ah well that could be the problem lol I was doing just that.

Alright ill keep practicing and hopefully ill figure it out. Like I said I can get it sometimes, but the one time I do I am not expecting it and I miss the string. Thanks for the reply btw!

When trying to do the f12 into black magic I get lightning bomb about 50% of the time. It's really frustrating. Any tips to avoid it? I play on a ps4 with the regular controller.

The most frustrating part is that my inputs feel the exact same whether black magic goes off as intended or if I get lightning bomb. I'm having trouble discerning what the issue is.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
When trying to do the f12 into black magic I get lightning bomb about 50% of the time. It's really frustrating. Any tips to avoid it? I play on a ps4 with the regular controller.

The most frustrating part is that my inputs feel the exact same whether black magic goes off as intended or if I get lightning bomb. I'm having trouble discerning what the issue is.
Check your controller settings , do you have release check on?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey guys. Just picked up the game less then day ago and started with BA because he was the only character I liked in I1.

Wanted to share a combo I came across while getting to know BA.

Its interactable combo, that starts with the forward kick, I dont know the notations yet :D
This combo dose 500 units and its meterless.

forward kick, interact (the one that bounce back) b3, f12,f1213. There are options to add a bar and there are other possibilities but this out is easy and simple and dose not require resources.

Edit:
And my meterless corner go up to: 522 unists with trait.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
d1xx4 1
d1xx4 f1
d1xx4 d2
d1xx4 d1
d1xx4 2

Those are actual d1 combos. It was probably known, but they aren't in the OP.

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
Why does no one using this character use the lightning bomb? I THINK I've found a way to get it out safely, and it leads to JUICY damage in the corner. Food for thought, here is a corner concept I made:

Status
Not open for further replies.